Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

This is off topic a bit, though I think it streangthens the Tenno as corporeal rather than energy.

"I remember there were lies. But I don't know what they were.

My missing memoryfiles, what if Ordis did that?

Maintain the Habitat. Mobilise the Tenno.

I see you have remembered well, how the Tenno arm themselves.

Ordis will never betray you. I will keep the Orbiter hidden in the Void."

I wonder about these lines.

The Habitat.

Orbiter hidden in the Void.

Why would we even NEED to worry about a cephalon betraying us?

Has this happened before ... and who was lied to, Ordis or the Operator?

Every time he says that line, I say "Go ahead, make my day." Would give me a solid reason to happily deactivate him. For good.

Well the cephalon seem to be the ships operating system so we cant just turn him off now can we?

And the way he says that "he will hide the Orbiter in the Void" that to me sound like there is only ONE Orbiter and that it is possibly the Habitat he remembers.

Do this mean we return to the Void when we are not in a mission? That the Tenno live there?

Or just the warframes perhaps...

Well the cephalon seem to be the ships operating system so we cant just turn him off now can we?

And the way he says that "he will hide the Orbiter in the Void" that to me sound like there is only ONE Orbiter and that it is possibly the Habitat he remembers.

Do this mean we return to the Void when we are not in a mission? That the Tenno live there?

The Orbiter is the section where our arsenal and stuff is. It will be bigger in the future. It detaches when we go on missions, so I guess it's 'hidden' i the Void.

Weird, I thought the Orbiter was going to be a larger docking part of the ship for doing different non-basic functions but I must admit, there was a part of me that worried about the Orbiter being our lower deck and such, the forshadowing from Ordis makes me worry about losing my arsenal, mods, and foundry in the future then, if the Orbiter contains them.

Edited by Urlan

Weird, I thought the Orbiter was going to be a larger docking part of the ship for doing different non-basic functions but I must admit, there was a part of me that worried about the Orbiter being our lower deck and such, the forshadowing from Ordis makes me worry about losing my arsenal, mods, and foundry in the future then, if the Orbiter contains them.

It is a large docking... What's the word? Platform? Sure, let's call it a docking 'platform'. Anyway, nobody knows what else is inside it, but we'd never lose all of our gear, that's how you make people quit games, and nobody wants to lose their player base. 

As someone who believe the Warframes to be organic and living entities on their own, I don't see the conclusivity of "maintaining the habitat" for us being physical.

And I REALLY don't see how us having to be worried about our Cephalon betraying us would say we're physical - or is that part of another thought?

As for the Orbiter, I believe the Orbiter dwells within real space most of the time - hence our ability to look out at whatever planet we last visited post-mission while our Liset is attached to it - but I'd say that the Orbiter has the ability to warp into the Void. Remember the "fold" mentioned in Ember Codex? How it sent a ship to the Void and got it stuck there? I think that's what the Orbiter can do (albeit probably more refined) - fold into the Void to warp between planet to planet (hence why we always have the same Orbiter at all the planets) and keep itself safe from enemy contact.

And every Tenno has their own Orbiter.

As someone who believe the Warframes to be organic and living entities on their own, I don't see the conclusivity of "maintaining the habitat" for us being physical.

And I REALLY don't see how us having to be worried about our Cephalon betraying us would say we're physical - or is that part of another thought?

As for the Orbiter, I believe the Orbiter dwells within real space most of the time - hence our ability to look out at whatever planet we last visited post-mission while our Liset is attached to it - but I'd say that the Orbiter has the ability to warp into the Void. Remember the "fold" mentioned in Ember Codex? How it sent a ship to the Void and got it stuck there? I think that's what the Orbiter can do (albeit probably more refined) - fold into the Void to warp between planet to planet (hence why we always have the same Orbiter at all the planets) and keep itself safe from enemy contact.

And every Tenno has their own Orbiter.

The Orbiter makes me think of Optimus Prime's trailer in G1, especially how it just 'disappears' when he transforms into robot mode.

Hmm well the betrayal part I wonder about since the Sentients hijacked technology, Simaris strange attempt at recruiting Ordis, Ordis military memories and the Lies part.

Are the cephalons really safe?

As for why I feel Ordis relationship with "his" Tenno speak against Tenno being Energy, it feels very Master and Servant. Even though Ordis had a real fan-worship of Simaris, their dialog is very different.

I think even if a Tenno was somehow energy, they would still need machines to Anchor them, in turn making the Tenno into AI.

Very advanced, yes, but still AI.

In that case I feel Ordis would adress us diferently.

Thats all.

Hmm well the betrayal part I wonder about since the Sentients hijacked technology, Simaris strange attempt at recruiting Ordis, Ordis military memories and the Lies part.

Are the cephalons really safe?

As for why I feel Ordis relationship with "his" Tenno speak against Tenno being Energy, it feels very Master and Servant. Even though Ordis had a real fan-worship of Simaris, their dialog is very different.

I think even if a Tenno was somehow energy, they would still need machines to Anchor them, in turn making the Tenno into AI.

Very advanced, yes, but still AI.

In that case I feel Ordis would adress us diferently.

Thats all.

Oh HECK no the Cephalons aren't safe from the Sentients - they're machines, the same type of machine as the Sentients (imo) but still very much a machine and so very much susceptible to their tinkering if they're not powerful enough (like Simaris) to overpower it.

But, to your conversational points that seem to nudge it away: humans can have very master-servant dialogue (and frequently in history they have) but they're always still the same thing, same flesh and blood. What the Tenno are, physically, has no bearing on how Ordis addresses them, that's all in how the Tenno are perceived/looked upon by Ordis.

To him, the Tenno are the Operator, the master, the boss.

To him, Simaris is the idol, basically the movie star of Cephalons.

Ordid do say "My Foundry." But he do not have access to the Orbiter.

I guess the warframes are kept there and the switch is made from there.

Hmm ... Or can we switch frames in a relay? If we can, I am wrong.

If we cannot while in a Relay it makes sense, since while in a mission and a relay we have only the Liset at our disposal.

If we cannot while in a Relay it makes sense, since while in a mission and a relay we have only the Liset at our disposal.

We can switch between our already-set loadouts on the Relay, but that's it. Even so, I like to think it's implied we head back to our Liset and Orbiter and then come back for that (as a time-saving measure), like how we can pick a mission from the Relay but still have to go back to our Liset to head to it.

Ordo also thinks I might sell him one day. If DE were to allow that, I would, without hesitation.

plot twist: we are all clones of hayden tenno that served as pastry chefs for the orokin overlords that were then transcended into pure energy then infused into lizard surrogates which are then integrated into technocyte husks encased in armor

a small battery near the left gluteus maximus (lizard rump) turns the lights on, oridis replaces the LEDs as needed 

Have we explained why Lotus was sad about Mirages death?

Like maybe during the war, there were only one of each Tenno :O

Oh and have we explained Valkyr yet considering her entire shtick is being mad?

Have we explained why Lotus was sad about Mirages death?

Like maybe during the war, there were only one of each Tenno :O

Oh and have we explained Valkyr yet considering her entire shtick is being mad?

Ummm.... Because a Tenno DIED? Isn't that something to be torn up over? Especially considering the fact it would be a VERY rate coincidence, since the Tenno are supposed to be able to "survive death".

Ummm.... Because a Tenno DIED? Isn't that something to be torn up over? Especially considering the fact it would be a VERY rate coincidence, since the Tenno are supposed to be able to "survive death".

Why was the Lotus so torn up about it.

Why am I not da lotus freind?

:(

Why was the Lotus so torn up about it.

Why am I not da lotus freind?

:(

Because wouldn't YOU BE?

And she cares just as much for the Tenno you play as. Remember her quote from... the tutorial, I think, after you get the Ascaris detached: "I... I thought I lost you."

Because wouldn't YOU BE?

And she cares just as much for the Tenno you play as. Remember her quote from... the tutorial, I think, after you get the Ascaris detached: "I... I thought I lost you."

Not really there are millions of us.

Not really there are millions of us.

We're not just robots, though. We're people.

To put it in context: the U.S. army is made up of millions of soldiers. Soldiers that have friends and loved ones and hopes and aspirations. Are you saying that when one of them die it's completely inconsequential to any sort of emotional reaction?

Same for people in general.

Though I'm getting a bit of a sense I'm arguing with a cynic here. Which I can relate to, but i can also relate to the reactions of the characters in-universe to such a loss.

Hell, the loss of the Mirage-wearing-Tenno is made all the more tragic for Lotus when you consider she is supposed to be responsible for us. Whether she was the guide for just that Tenno at the time or a number of other Tenno as well, the loss of her would still have a deep "I failed to protect her" emotional impact.

Because Mother Lotus experienced the death of her child. For those of you who don't understand... It's a metaphor!

We totes agree... As long as it isn't the weirder metaphor that just came to mind.

Hell, the loss of the Mirage-wearing-Tenno is made all the more tragic for Lotus when you consider she is supposed to be responsible for us. Whether she was the guide for just that Tenno at the time or a number of other Tenno as well, the loss of her would still have a deep "I failed to protect her" emotional impact.

I think there is a difference between the Mirage we see in-game and the Mirage from lore. That wasnt just a mirage "wearing" Tenno, that was the original Mirage. 

We dont know how the original WF and the tenno we have now are different, but they are.