Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

I don't think this new theory, it seems to be discarding the fact that we know the Warframes are a "conduit for their affliction" (Excal Codex), and that as they are made to to "focus our divine light" (Vor) leading to the conclusion there is something physically different - presumably this "energy" that we "are" which Vor spoke of in the tutorial.

Maybe the Void energy made them crazy? So the Orokin make the frames to focus, or be a conduit or whatever, makes less psychological strain when using energy. 

Maybe the Void energy made them crazy? So the Orokin make the frames to focus, or be a conduit or whatever, makes less psychological strain when using energy. 

That may be. It's the assertion that it ONLY twisted the mind and the body was untouched that, as I see, it doesn't line up.

So I read about some people talking about how the Tenno might not know any better about killing and stuff, which reminded me about howlers from a book.

They were alien super soldiers that were created to slaughter other species.

The Howlers did that because they were all children and they didn't know any better, they thought it was all a game. They were still pretty brutal but acted like a child.

I dunno just reminded me of that.

So now we're talking about how the void made them crazy? Nothing really talks about that though, unless you purposefully look at a word differently.

That may be. It's the assertion that it ONLY twisted the mind and the body was untouched that, as I see, it doesn't line up.

Please, don't explain why not.

So now we're talking about how the void made them crazy? Nothing really talks about that though, unless you purposefully look at a word differently.

Exactly that. Different angles. 

Please, don't explain why not.

Exactly that. Different angles. 

I already explained why in the first post you quoted.

So I read about some people talking about how the Tenno might not know any better about killing and stuff, which reminded me about howlers from a book.

They were alien super soldiers that were created to slaughter other species.

The Howlers did that because they were all children and they didn't know any better, they thought it was all a game. They were still pretty brutal but acted like a child.

I dunno just reminded me of that.

The idea that the Tenno are permanently children (mentally, physically, whatever) IS something I considered... Personally I don't like it, it's a little weird considering how mature and stoic they seem to be, but it does play nicely into what I see to be the themes of this game

There is so much conjecture and lorecrafting here tthey should literally form a team of individuals from the lore hounds of the forum, give us some basic facts and let us go to town. Then take what we give them and work with that.

I'd like to bring up a few things that may have been addressed already but several pages have transpired some of what seemed like more obstinance than thoughtful discussion. For the purpose of getting somewhere with this, I went ahead and said ok let's say ds is not Canon and I bowed down to the will of others for the sake of further evolving our general consensus as to what the warframe universe entails. I'd like to see some of this character trait from a few of you.

if we can't take turns venturing through the ideals of others and willfully going along with it we aren't going to get anywhere and this will end up dead and boring.

On topic:

Kubrows don't mature in stasis

Limbo theorum now states we wield the frame not occupy it

Plenty of things within the void don't have special abilities that are presumably not infected and things outside the void do.. namely eximus .. Which I perceived as having some tech granting the feature but not an inherent quality

In ds tho not Canon for the sake of thread stability the technocyte grants Hayden his powers not void exposure but at the end he enters the vault which leads somewhere or contains something And his last line implies that this was truly just the beginning

The infected creatures seem to have abnormal abilities like tar and swarms and spawn creation.

The infested refer consistently to some link between us whether it be infested suit, infested body, or some strange relation to our ancestors

Ordis is an ai or something that seems more and more like it cares for us the operator and gradually reveals more and more emotion and even puts us before his own desire to be with Simaris but if we are in the ship controlling out warframes why is he so concerned with the well being of what potentially is just a puppet

Why do we get four revives per warframe

Its admittedly futile trying to tie every mechanic to lore but some mechanics must relate so how do we determine Which should and which shouldn't

Conduit of our affliction means to me that it is directly conducting some aspect of our Affliction which suggests to me it's a tangible Affliction and not a metaphor for mental instability or social inequality

Edited by PookieNumnums

Several dedicated players correcting me today when I mentioned occupy but I will play the quest through and screenshot what is said for verification for you and I

If possible record it, if the audio changed as well. But many thanks.

Ok so i sold a frost prime helmet and system for fifty plat so i could speed rush through the limbo quest

lemme note that i wasnt entirely sure about this certain source's surety on them changing the quest to say wield instead of occupy, 

and thus why i even decided to check it out.

Well, it still says occupy so im not even going to bother with uploading the videos.

SIDENOTE: limbo killed himself wiith a miscalculated riftwalk. Hahahahaaaa

If we look at the Mirage quest, Lotus says something about surging the revive system. My guess is bringing life back into a Tenno/Frame is such a toll on the power, it can only handle 4 within a 24 period. Them resetting with daily rewards is a gameplay mechanic, of course.

Ok so i sold a frost prime helmet and system for fifty plat so i could speed rush through the limbo quest

lemme note that i wasnt entirely sure about this certain source's surety on them changing the quest to say wield instead of occupy, 

and thus why i even decided to check it out.

Well, it still says occupy so im not even going to bother with uploading the videos.

SIDENOTE: limbo killed himself wiith a miscalculated riftwalk. Hahahahaaaa

Bah. Sorry for your loss, but thank you for your contribution to the cause of lore.

If we look at the Mirage quest, Lotus says something about surging the revive system. My guess is bringing life back into a Tenno/Frame is such a toll on the power, it can only handle 4 within a 24 period. Them resetting with daily rewards is a gameplay mechanic, of course.

I'd wager that such a power is also put in the hands of the Lotus, rather than the Tenno (at least, in a case such as Mirage - which may mean only during the Old War), so that the Tenno don't overuse it and burn out their Warframes to the point of non-functionality. But that's assuming the source of this energy if the same thing that gives the Tenno their immortality, which may be a flawed notion.

I'd wager that such a power is also put in the hands of the Lotus, rather than the Tenno (at least, in a case such as Mirage - which may mean only during the Old War), so that the Tenno don't overuse it and burn out their Warframes to the point of non-functionality. But that's assuming the source of this energy if the same thing that gives the Tenno their immortality, which may be a flawed notion.

Hmm, yes, maybe. I forget the exact wording, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it says something about Mirage being out of energy, and when Lotus tries 'surging the revive' but it doesn't work, so immortality and energy could be shared by the same thing.

Bah. Sorry for your loss, but thank you for your contribution to the cause of lore.

Was the whole thing memory or happening I can't remember.

Why did it take the quest to remember if it was lotus, eh?

Hmm, yes, maybe. I forget the exact wording, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but it says something about Mirage being out of energy, and when Lotus tries 'surging the revive' but it doesn't work, so immortality and energy could be shared by the same thing.

Always thought Vor and the Tenno share this connection of immortality because of both their respective connections to void energy.

If we want to get technical here, the original Tenno MAY have been different then the Tenno who followed.

When Lotus says "She is out of power." she COULD be talking about the warframe. As in Mirage the Tenno, not just Mirage the battlesuit.

I know we have no evidence one way or another yet, but the gender and the way the Sentients

a) restrain Mirage

b) destroy it by intence heat/plasma whatever.

Tell us this is not a soldier among many, this is important.

That allso reinforces again my belief that the Tenno were few in number at first, then grew in time.

In conclusion, the first Mirage was one with her warframe. It was custombuilt for her and her alone.

The blueprint allow a copy to be made, and fitted to any Tenno who needs it.

There is so much conjecture and lorecrafting here tthey should literally form a team of individuals from the lore hounds of the forum, give us some basic facts and let us go to town. Then take what we give them and work with that.

I'd like to bring up a few things that may have been addressed already but several pages have transpired some of what seemed like more obstinance than thoughtful discussion. For the purpose of getting somewhere with this, I went ahead and said ok let's say ds is not Canon and I bowed down to the will of others for the sake of further evolving our general consensus as to what the warframe universe entails. I'd like to see some of this character trait from a few of you.

if we can't take turns venturing through the ideals of others and willfully going along with it we aren't going to get anywhere and this will end up dead and boring.

On topic:

Kubrows don't mature in stasis

Limbo theorum now states we wield the frame not occupy it

Plenty of things within the void don't have special abilities that are presumably not infected and things outside the void do.. namely eximus .. Which I perceived as having some tech granting the feature but not an inherent quality

In ds tho not Canon for the sake of thread stability the technocyte grants Hayden his powers not void exposure but at the end he enters the vault which leads somewhere or contains something And his last line implies that this was truly just the beginning

The infected creatures seem to have abnormal abilities like tar and swarms and spawn creation.

The infested refer consistently to some link between us whether it be infested suit, infested body, or some strange relation to our ancestors

Ordis is an ai or something that seems more and more like it cares for us the operator and gradually reveals more and more emotion and even puts us before his own desire to be with Simaris but if we are in the ship controlling out warframes why is he so concerned with the well being of what potentially is just a puppet

Its admittedly futile trying to tie every mechanic to lore but some mechanics must relate so how do we determine Which should and which shouldn't

Conduit of our affliction means to me that it is directly conducting some aspect of our Affliction which suggests to me it's a tangible Affliction and not a metaphor for mental instability or social inequality

They flat out stated DS is not Canon.

You'd have to be as stubborn as me to believe in it.

Several dedicated players correcting me today when I mentioned occupy but I will play the quest through and screenshot what is said for verification for you and I

I did that only recently and it was still occupy. I'll post the screenshots when I get home.

EDIT Here you go (Circa 2015/5/5):

limbo-occupy.jpg

Edited by SilentMobius