Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

I know, but it's one of the things that will keep pluzzing my mind until we get a more... direct explanation as to how we change frames, that the Tenno have a degree of shapeshifting or they are more like the T-1000 of Terminator... There are still so many questions that DE said would be answered this year (I doubt that) or if they are genderless because of that or just dont care, its probably the latter imo.

And about the Tenno being energy (the porpuse of this thread) Morec0, it just came to me right now: What is the formula of energy accoring to Albert Einstein?

E=m*c²  Energy equals mass mulplied by light speed squared. Is it possible that we can reverse that formula?

m=E/c²

We get out of the Warframe, transforms ourselves in energy and change frames and inside we turn back into mass (flesh, bones and all that)? And both the "Tenno being made of energy" and "Tenno being made of flesh" are right? Or does it strech the Suspension of Disbelief?

The "how" IS what trips a lot of people up. But given that we have confirmation of mono-Tenno what I do is look at it from "which 'how's can work with this", rather than trying to think if that's actually the case because of a lack of "hows".

As for your speculation, it's interesting to consider. But, as you said, we do need to know more before we can accurately figure anything of it out. What's the Tenno have become and how they can wear all these different Warframes is one of those things that we desperately need more about. Here's hoping that the upcoming Ash Prime Access will give us a new Prime Codex we can use to help determine that.

You can probably include Mirage's quest as well, since you're not crafting "Mirage" but her actual suit.

Hell even Ordis does those silly suit puns haha.

All that with the Limbo Theorem, pretty much solidifies it. You can drive it even more to the ground when DE Steve mentioned in one of the dev streams specifically mentioning the closest thing he's heard about what fans think what the tenno are, is the whole "brain-in-a-jar" idea~

Despite if anyone agrees with all that or not, at least none of that is ambiguous and it's pretty much laid out right there, regarding Limbo's quest/Ordis, and such.

Here's my theory....actually no. I know this is factually true, and I will stand by this even if the DE says otherwise:

This is what the Tenno really are;

altijdprutsfm_dingen_van_vroeger_speelgo

I was expecting the MIB image...

One way I look at that little bit of confirmation is the Consciousness-Transfer theory, particularly from the idea of it just flat out being a soul (possession of the Warframes, basically) due to Vor's statements about mysticism in the old Arid Fear Codex. Steve said it was the closest, but he didn't say that it was right-on-the-money or something similar, meaning it's probably NOT an actual, physical brain we're switching between the two.

So if we're to take that as a starting point, we need to look about what the brain is - the housing for our identify and self - and work out from there.

Edited by Morec0

Steve said it was the closest, but he didn't say that it was right-on-the-money or something similar, meaning it's probably NOT an actual, physical brain we're switching between the two.

So if we're to take that as a starting point, we need to look about what the brain is - the housing for our identify and self - and work out from there.

Oh yesyes! I apologize I should have clarified that I didn't mean that the "brain-in-the-jar" idea was necessarily in the ballpark or anything like that, but if it's somewhat in the right track or mindset (huehue pun~), then as you said, we'll just need to work from there and forward.

but still, brain-in-stomach Krang, is cannon. No butts. #srslydoe

Oh yesyes! I apologize I should have clarified that I didn't mean that the "brain-in-the-jar" idea was necessarily in the ballpark or anything like that, but if it's somewhat in the right track or mindset (huehue pun~), then as you said, we'll just need to work from there and forward.

but still, brain-in-stomach Krang, is cannon. No butts. #srslydoe

No, I apologize, I didn't mean to insinuate that you did, just let my train of thought wander around while it was on the topic.

Basically it's what Vay Hek's become.

theory is this with me. and forgive me if i get this wrong but this is what i could find:

1) rebellion begins with the sentient(?)

2) orkin tech is pretty much nerf'd. solution? plague: A. VERY. BAD. ONE.

3) problem. people get infected as well as target. solution? void.

4) orkin tech isnt advanced at the time and the virus is mutated in a certain caste of people (maybe a lower clan in the orkin society?)

5) find that the people infected are hybrids. machine and man coming together as one without no borderline between the two.

6) SCIENTIST TIME!!! . through testing they find that not only can the "frames" can be upgraded and evolve the minds of the "tenno" can be transplanted 

7) warframes are sent to fight sentients and the infested.

8) during war A.I unit "lotus" finds out from sentient units that they werent trying to destroy the galaxy  were trying to gain their freedom and reveal orkin plans for solar "cleansing"

9) tenno find out they were used and were just weapons to control their own and in time killed them. $%^& got real.

10) final solution? HYPER SLEEP. orkin think that in time they be able to awake the tenno from sleep and start anew.

11)????????

12) lotus begins to look into finding a way to awaken the souls within warframes only to cause the twin queens: the decedents of the orkin. to find out that the lotus is trying to awaken them. 

from what i have gather from reading the wiki and listening in game this is the most sound theory i have came up with. 

the reason for this is: if something this big happened there would be legends and myths passed down. which means they would have been looking unless they the factions KNEW that awaken them wouldnt be helpful.

something cause the factions to look for us like a signal or countdown. no one looks for ghosts without a reason.

I still would like to think of the Poli-tenno theory and think DE was just knocking on the 4th wall there....

Steve said that they don't like to 'knock on the 4th wall” and even after explicitly asking about that line it was not changed.

Also, devstreamn 52 addressed the canonicity of dark sector and the outcome was "not a sequel" "spiritual only" (that is, _not_ canon). Sure there is _a_ Hayden Tenno in Warframe's history but we have no reason to assume any of the events of Dark Sector apply to that person.

1-5 is improbable. 

8.) Lotus is definitely not an AI.

we dont know WHAT she is.

all i know is this: she knows us and alot of people know her. but why hasnt noone taken a pop shot at her????

you know what you can't shoot? the internet. where does A.I stay in? the internet. is batman and bruce wayne in the same area???? no, but they are on the internet.

we dont know WHAT she is.

all i know is this: she knows us and alot of people know her. but why hasnt noone taken a pop shot at her????

you know what you can't shoot? the internet. where does A.I stay in? the internet. is batman and bruce wayne in the same area???? no, but they are on the internet.

She's a person.

They were even planning to bring her to the Relays but failed for 'unknown' reasons.

Edited by Jakcal

She's a person.

They were even planning to bring her to the Relays but failed for 'unknown' reasons.

yeah that is what bruce does alll the time too.

"oh yeah bruce is going to be here."

"really?!?! noone has seen him in awhile not after that skiing accident, or rock climbing fall he had last year."

*two-face shows*

*batman shows wrecks everyone getting messed up*

"what!?!?! guys bruce was in an accident driving here. his personal doctor and bulter will be taking him home."

everyone: "ahhhh"

warframe.

"guys lotus is coming over to the relays."

"really?!?! omg always wanted to see her in person."

*fomation shows wrecks stuff.*

*tenno do half-@#$ job (not really giving much of a decent @#$%)*

"guys lotus isnt coming. she says her ship got side-swiped by space debris and is having to go back to.....it kinda cut off there."

i am not seeing MUCH of a difference here people!

Edited by helix.hex

She's a person.

They said they didn't want meeting the Lotus to be easy or to have Tenno jumping around and doing crazy S#&$ like they do in the Relays. She will likely be implemented in a quest or an event of some sort. This was stated in devstream 53 or 54 I don't remember which.

If there is any question of the Lotus status as leader of the Tenno and likely a Orokin survivor, possibly a noble with her own Corpus beneath her, it is what Steve said when they revealed the flower-shaped chair in the massive chamber where we will meet the Lotus in person.

He called it the Throne room.

Just stumbled upon the following from last year.

Namely my two posts.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/317555-polemosomology-the-study-of-warframe/page-5

Just felt like sharing those old ideas, about Orokin and Lotus respectively.

Lol, and I found this.

When Lotus wakes a Tenno, she hopes they will remember. No one ever does.

She throws them into the War, with no explanation.

Who does this? A military Commander.

It is clear she or they are AI, likely cybernetic. They hail from the time of the Old War.

This means Orokin. The Lotus knows everything, but tells her soldiers only Need To Know.

The Tenno fought the Sentients, super advanced beings, robots, aliens, Void creatures perhaps.

They were fought by using old tech, guns and blades.

Who uses energy weapons now? Who uses robots, reverse engineered?

Who calls Lotus and her Tenno betrayers?

Who are rebuilding the Gates at Outer Terminus?

Who live for centuries?

It's pretty clear who are Orokin descendants, who were once Humans and something are waiting to come back as soon as the Gate is reopened.

As for the Queens of Grineer, I suspect they have four sisters.

Lotus legend has Six stages, six colors.

White, Red.

Blue, Pink.

Purple, Gold.

Lotus being purple the mystic.

Orokin: gold obsessive, this leaves four clones.

Grineer:

White and red for mind and love.

Corpus:

Blue and pink for knowledge and devotion.

DE, I am on to you.

Anyway,

Who said Orokin or the Sentients died in the War?

Edited by arch111

Aye, Vor's statement was ambiguous as hell. But post-Limbo Theorem we see what is actually intended - a single Tenno switching frames. For OC reasons you could have your characters favor a single frame over all others, but as far as lore and in-game events are concerned we are a single Tenno that does indeed switch between frames.

We can only hope DE puts some lore behind this whole thing. It's not all that important to know but it would be a nice sense of detail and would give more meaning to choosing which frame you use. Not just due to stats but also backstory-wise. People like me don't always choose the frame due to highest stats, but sometimes also due to it's theme or backstory. For example, it would be nice to know where Ash came from or Volt for that matter, we know where the frames basically came from but i'd love to know where they all came from individually. Kinda like...did Frost awaken in a frozen land or something? Did Nekros awaken in the orikin derelict? Details like that you know.

We can only hope DE puts some lore behind this whole thing. It's not all that important to know but it would be a nice sense of detail and would give more meaning to choosing which frame you use. Not just due to stats but also backstory-wise. People like me don't always choose the frame due to highest stats, but sometimes also due to it's theme or backstory. For example, it would be nice to know where Ash came from or Volt for that matter, we know where the frames basically came from but i'd love to know where they all came from individually. Kinda like...did Frost awaken in a frozen land or something? Did Nekros awaken in the orikin derelict? Details like that you know.

I'm sure they were all crafted by the Orokin, in some kind of lab.

I'm sure they were all crafted by the Orokin, in some kind of lab.

Probably but i mean like there being an actual explenation in the story, i say there should be an optional story where you get to actually go through the beginning of the whole thing, meaning back during the Orokin time when the Tenno were still viewed as heroes, like playing through a flashback. I mean...doesn't it sometimes also get on your nerves when Ordis bring something up about the Orokin timeline but that it was just never truly explained?

Probably but i mean like there being an actual explenation in the story, i say there should be an optional story where you get to actually go through the beginning of the whole thing, meaning back during the Orokin time when the Tenno were still viewed as heroes, like playing through a flashback. I mean...doesn't it sometimes also get on your nerves when Ordis bring something up about the Orokin timeline but that it was just never truly explained?

This is on the Wishlist. There even is a thread on the subject. But someone else can tell that better than I.

I've never been a firm supporter of the idea, there are other options, but my problem with the idea that Tenno aren't energy beings is that it's impossible for us to actually fit into the drastically different sized suits. Taking a physical being in one of the larger frames like Oberon, Chroma, Limbo or Rhino and stuffing them into Nova's tiny frame from a physical standpoint just doesn't work unless we're brains that can be swapped in and out. And that that point, "physical" is a minor technicality...

If you listen to some of his latest dialog, he clearly states his memory has been wiped of that time period and he's starting to suspect that he was the one that wiped the memories out. More than likely they are working on it. It wouldn't be too surprised if we started getting more information with Tomb of the Sentients and us ending up visiting the Lotus physically in game.

Edited by Ceryk

I've never been a firm supporter of the idea, there are other options, but my problem with the idea that Tenno aren't energy beings is that it's impossible for us to actually fit into the drastically different sized suits. Taking a physical being in one of the larger frames like Oberon, Chroma, Limbo or Rhino and stuffing them into Nova's tiny frame from a physical standpoint just doesn't work unless we're brains that can be swapped in and out. And that that point, "physical" is a minor technicality...

Ahem.

Nova -> Rhino.

Problem solved.