Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

If I had to guess, I'd say it's some kind of infested material.

Lol... sarcastic font included...

That why I have a spreadsheet of these things, not finished yet (We'll probably have the big reveal that explains everything just as I finish) But soon...

May we have a sneak preview of your spreadsheet? :o

I would be very interested to know how you organise such knowledge!

I posted this in the Crewman thread but i feel it also belongs here. Any thoughts on it?

I can't help but think that Sentients and Warframes share a common link in their technology/biology. It could be possible that the Void having an effect on the Sentient creature and RPC Proto-Rhino is because they share something in common. I'm thinking the creature stopped it's rampage because of the Void energy radiating from the Zariman room might have affected it enough for the original host to regain consciousness.

Sentient creature(or modified version) + integration with human host = RPC Proto-Rhino beast with creature in control

Sentient creature(or modified version) + integration with Void-infused human host = RPC Proto-Rhino beast BUT host retains consciousness thanks to being a walking Void field and remains in control.

Ignoring Stalker until we learn more about him but maybe this is why Tenno are the only effective pilots for Warframes? 

Question: What is Technocyte?

Answer: A combination of two words in order to describe infested tissue/nanospores.

First part: The word technology comes from Greek τεχνολογία (technología); from τέχνη (téchnē), meaning "art, skill, craft", and -λογία (-logía), meaning "study of-". The term can either be applied generally or to specific areas: examples include construction technology, medical technology, and information technology.

Second part: -cyte,

suffix meaning a "cell" of a specified type: gliacyte, hemocyte, plasmacyte.

Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.

Conclusion: Technocyte refers to a technologic cell, a microscopic machine.

My personal theory is we are just people in suits, but the suits give us the ability to control special powers the Orokin blessed us with.

Dont you mean cursed? Twisted rejects in steel-armor, made only to kill.

Dont you mean cursed? Twisted rejects in steel-armor, made only to kill.

That also works too. I think we are experiments made to be the ultimate elite guard for the Orokin. After killing the Orokin for a crime not yet revealed we went into sleep to preserve ourselves until the Grineer intervened. That's my theory.

Also, the suits don't look like steel to me. More like a very tough rubbery material or a strong latex.

Edited by (PS4)Goldengeartwo

I disagree. I think it's the complete opposite of appropriate. Nowhere in the game does it say the disease is a "Technocyte". Until the name "Technocyte" appears in the game, this means people are making stuff up completely out of thin air, just because they can't handle ambiguity.

The name Infestation on the other hand is appropriate. It describes the problem succintly, there is power in its understatement and there is nothing else in the Warframe universe like it. The Infestation must be referred to as exactly that until more information is made clear such as the disease agent and the vector.

There is an indirect proof in the game in the form of a weapon, it's called Mire. 

Mire's description:

A relic from the Great Plague, the Mire Infested sword is a brutal weapon. It not only cuts into the enemy but it infects the wounds of it's victim with a toxic nerve poison. Deals toxin damage on ground slam and charge attack.

Technocyte virus wiki:

It is said that sometime after Hayden's adventure in Lasria, the virus killed most of Earth's life, in an incident known as "The Great Plague".

>...

>???

>.>>?.fj

There is an indirect proof in the game in the form of a weapon, it's called Mire. 

Mire's description:

A relic from the Great Plague, the Mire Infested sword is a brutal weapon. It not only cuts into the enemy but it infects the wounds of it's victim with a toxic nerve poison. Deals toxin damage on ground slam and charge attack.

Technocyte virus wiki:

It is said that sometime after Hayden's adventure in Lasria, the virus killed most of Earth's life, in an incident known as "The Great Plague".

>...

>???

>.>>?.fj

Personally, I think that line in the Dark Sector wiki was made up by Warframe fans looking to force a connection between the two - one that really hasn't been touched on.

Besides, the Anti Moa synthesis (and then the Eviscerator and C. Ancient ones that deal with the Infested directly) suggests the Great Plague came AFTER the Tenno cut down the Emperors/Executors of the Orokin.

Personally, I think that line in the Dark Sector wiki was made up by Warframe fans looking to force a connection between the two - one that really hasn't been touched on.

Besides, the Anti Moa synthesis (and then the Eviscerator and C. Ancient ones that deal with the Infested directly) suggests the Great Plague came AFTER the Tenno cut down the Emperors/Executors of the Orokin.

Not really. 

***Dark Sector Spoiler***

Robert Mezner started the Great Plague that destroyed most of the Earth with the hope of creating a new race.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

The Tenno are actually a bunch of little ginger people standing on each other's shoulders. Their powers are fueled by salt and anger, and their ability to do sick air combos.

But the horrible truth is that we aren't humans, or Tenno, or even Warframes.

We are Pat, the saltiest of the Orokin.

202.gif

Not really. 

***Dark Sector Spoiler***

Robert Mezner started the Great Plague that destroyed most of the Earth with the hope of creating a new race.

Was it ever MENTIONED as such IN Dark Sector, though? Because I watched a playthrough and don't recall anything of the like being brought up. All the ending gives us is "That is how it started. The irony of this disease" and then talks about Hayden, no mention of a plague.

And, as Griz said:

I guess you haven't heard. Dark Sector is not canon with Warframe.

I guess you haven't heard. Dark Sector is not canon with Warframe.

They made any announcement regarding that, like, not a half assed statement anymore? If I recalled correctly some months ago (before May 2014), it is said that it is canon, whether in a devstream or whatever.

Was it ever MENTIONED as such IN Dark Sector, though? Because I watched a playthrough and don't recall anything of the like being brought up. All the ending gives us is "That is how it started. The irony of this disease" and then talks about Hayden, no mention of a plague.

And, as Griz said:

No it is not mentioned, but that was his plan, Hayden stopped him to, though he already spread the virus to Larsia before Hayden got there ( where the game started )

Edited by AlphaWolf003

They made any announcement regarding that, like, not a half assed statement anymore? If I recalled correctly some months ago (before May 2014), it is said that it is canon, whether in a devstream or whatever.

Aw man. In a recent devstream, they stated that if it was rated on a scale of 1-10 for being canon, it would be a 4, in that they would take art designs and ideas from it, but they are not directly connected.

Hey Grizzly, why don't you add facts (like what is canon, are Tenno Aliens) to the OP so people don't come up with an idea that's been disproved a dozen pages ago. Only facts though.

And, as Griz said:

Yes, the 'Great Plague' is mentioned in the end of DarkSector as caused by Hayden Killing the only people that could maybe control the infected Mezner and the agency; the infected spread outward and devestate the world creating what would be called the 'Great Plague'. The game ends with description saying something along those lines. Still, since DarkSector is considered more of a spiritual sucessor I guess, the 'Great Plague' the Mire is talking about could be either before the Orokin like the Proto Armor or after during the great plague caused by the Orokin being executed and the infested running amok. Either way, the intent of a brutal weapon formed of technocyte infested material comes across as something from when an infested apocalypse of sorts occured.

Either way, I am glad that the origins of the Sentients have been revealed as well as why the Corpus call themselves Crewman, sorta sad that they are referencing such a badly managed solar system expansion project. No wonder the Corpus work to restore the Pluto solar rail, the remainder of those Corpus groups must consider it their sole reason for living. The Crewman Project, somehow that seems sinister after opening on a person being blown to pieces for what we can tell is simple disagreement with a plan.

Haven't seen any of those...

great movie and you reall should watch them.

Good find. This is conclusive.

Now if only we knew what "technocyte" even means

technocyte might be a nano virus caable of infecting machines and organism. this would be explained by machines being infected and people being borg