Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Unless Tenno are some sort of tantric demons possesing suits of armor, as the design references to budhistic religion suggests. Intangible spirits count as energy, right? It certainly seems like that happened to Vor.

That's not what the post said - tantric demons posseing suits of armors. The post you gave suggested that the Tennos were criminals/people who's done bad things and got expose to the Void as punishments (to the Orokin).

Actually now that I come to think of it, maybe the "twisted few" here means criminals who survived the exposures/ orrrrr back to my lame old comment - "twisted few" as in people infected with the virus but survived like Hayden Tenno.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

That's not what the post said - tantric demons posseing suits of armors. The post you gave suggested that the Tennos were criminals/people who's done bad things and got expose to the Void as punishments (to the Orokin).

Actually now that I come to think of it, maybe the "twisted few" here means criminals/ orrrrr back to my lame old comment - "twisted few" as in people infected with the virus but survived like Hayden Tenno.

I was mostly just pointing out some of the design choices that are full of symbolism to budhism. We know that tenno "can go beyond death" from Teshin and that defeated and dissected Tenno leave behind empty shells from Vor. Given how reincarnation is a thing in budhism and that Tenno have clearly some form of immortality going on, it is my speculation that the "exposure to the void" made them ascend into some sort of body hopping, tantric energy spewing job for ghostbusters.

Edited by -skimmer-

I was mostly just pointing out some of the design choices that are full of symbolism to budhism. We know that tenno "can go beyond death" from Teshin and that defeated and dissected Tenno leave behind empty shells from Vor. Given how reincarnation is a thing in budhism and that Tenno have clearly some form of immortality going on, it is my speculation that the "exposure to the void" made them ascend into some sort of body hopping, tantric energy spewing job for ghostbusters.

I've never played Conclave before, would love if you can explain the bit that is underlined. The concept of reincarnation in Buddhism is usually misunderstood. Buddhism's teachings are complex, which is why I never learned them, even though I'm originally a Buddhist myself and my family before me.

With Equinox coming up, I thought I'd just take a moment to say that, for the people who may attempt to say otherwise:

Equinox DOES NOT confirm energy theory. We already know the Tenno can move and switch between Warframes of all kinds of varying builds and sizes. Just because one can do this on the fly only means that whatever change the Tenno may have to undergo for this can be done instantly by whatever it's source is.

With Equinox coming up, I thought I'd just take a moment to say that, for the people who may attempt to say otherwise:

Equinox DOES NOT confirm energy theory. We already know the Tenno can move and switch between Warframes of all kinds of varying builds and sizes. Just because one can do this on the fly only means that whatever change the Tenno may have to undergo for this can be done instantly by whatever it's source is.

Looks like there will be a Tyl Regor quest that give us equinox and that Tyl knows something about both Equinox and the Sentients he will uncover.

I can't wait.

Looks like there will be a Tyl Regor quest that give us equinox and that Tyl knows something about both Equinox and the Sentients he will uncover.

I can't wait.

I dunno, the description of the quest I saw seemed more to say that there was a third party (the Sentients) watching the Tenno, and we had to figure out what it was. Not sure if it's Tyl Regor-centric, though I would agree he'll have a role to play - if only because we'll be treading on his turf for it.

I dunno, the description of the quest I saw seemed more to say that there was a third party (the Sentients) watching the Tenno, and we had to figure out what it was. Not sure if it's Tyl Regor-centric, though I would agree he'll have a role to play - if only because we'll be treading on his turf for it.

I don't see how Tyl would fit in with the Sentients... Unless his cure for the Grineer was crafted with some kind of Sentient stuff...

Felt I had to get your thoughs on this. We know the Orokin had Emperors, Excecutors and Dax. What we have not yet known is how they were organized and to what extent they interacted with the Tenno.

I guessed that the Tenno in Prime gear were used as elite guards, but now we have confirmation the Tenno were not just thrown into war.

From the U17 Notes.

"

Izvara : the exclusive garment of tennos chosen protect the Orokin Council of Executors."

So we now know there was in fact a Council. And that the Tenno were present.

Makes me wonder about Nova and where she was designed. Allso makes me wonder about the Guardians. Maby Stalker really DID belong to those back from the Void, just not chosen to be a Tenno Guardian.

Allso makes me picture a bloody battle of Tenno vs Tenno in the Arena.

Fair enough, I got the feeling of a LotR-esque "digging too deep" and finding something very old and very dangerous.

After all, while we're not seeing it this update that "tomb" has to be somewhere yes?

Fair enough, I got the feeling of a LotR-esque "digging too deep" and finding something very old and very dangerous.

After all, while we're not seeing it this update that "tomb" has to be somewhere yes?

Sound good too me.

Felt I had to get your thoughs on this. We know the Orokin had Emperors, Excecutors and Dax. What we have not yet known is how they were organized and to what extent they interacted with the Tenno.

I guessed that the Tenno in Prime gear were used as elite guards, but now we have confirmation the Tenno were not just thrown into war.

From the U17 Notes.

"

Izvara : the exclusive garment of tennos chosen protect the Orokin Council of Executors."

So we now know there was in fact a Council. And that the Tenno were present.

Makes me wonder about Nova and where she was designed. Allso makes me wonder about the Guardians. Maby Stalker really DID belong to those back from the Void, just not chosen to be a Tenno Guardian.

Allso makes me picture a bloody battle of Tenno vs Tenno in the Arena.

From what I can gather, due to the Tenno being the 'trump card' against the Sentient threat, it makes sense that if they had sufficiently powerful and trustworthy (or effective subjugation methods, being the Orokin and all) Tenno, they'd put them to guard their higher ups. Now, this comes into a minor issue for two reasons.

To begin with, a lot of the Orokin era discussion around/near Tenno matters seems pretty unethical, especially in the Ember and Rhino Codex entries. From there, you also have the confirmation in Mag Prime's entry that some individuals in the empire were more concerned about the Tenno than the Sentients, even when going to fight the latter group; you'd think outright extinction would be a larger concern, no?

Yet, these Tenno are given all the support and backing possible for the empire during the Old War. So the Orokin and their higher divisions must have been able to exert some certain control over the Tenno (or they were playing one long game). The Corrupted Healer Synthesis even uses the mention of how a Tenno would approach the situation as a form of coercion; the Dax in that piece is having their pride challenged by the comparison, making them go along with the Lorist's crazy mission.

In order for these narratives to be coherent, they've got to be at different points in time, and all these honorific items like the capes and Syandanas would have to be around the *ahem* Tenno's prime (I'm sorry) under the Orokin; where they have the power and status to arguably be seen or held in the company of the clearly higher ranking entities. This means they get their own ruling body, if at most serving internally. Much of any modern military as I understand it is interconnected with each other in some way, whilst still having autonomy for their own affairs, so perhaps it was like that?

It puts me in a mind, somewhat, of the Janissaries; from slaves and nothing to one of the more elite groups of the ancient world.

It's not much, I admit, but it seems it could be how the Tenno rose in status. The sticking point simply boils down to why they gave that up. The Orokin were bastards, this much we know, but still...the amount of power and prestige the Tenno had gained by that point would have been an impressive temptation.

Time will tell, at any rate.

Seems plausible. We've already had 'Once Awake' which boiled down to the Grineer under Doctor Tengus doing exactly that and releasing the Infested on the system, again.

Bit unsure where one does keep a hyper-mutagenic viral agent and its twisted victims locked away for untold amounts of time, but eh, fantasy/sci-fi staple I guess: You just do until you unleash ancient evil...again.

Seems plausible. We've already had 'Once Awake' which boiled down to the Grineer under Doctor Tengus doing exactly that and releasing the Infested on the system, again.

Bit unsure where one does keep a hyper-mutagenic viral agent and its twisted victims locked away for untold amounts of time, but eh, fantasy/sci-fi staple I guess: You just do until you unleash ancient evil...again.

I don't think anyone "kept" them I think that the Infestation was thought wiped out before the Tenno went into cryo but Lephantis remained hidden in a secret Orokin facility.

As the Tenno slept Lephantis sent out Infested to the Orokin derelicts outside of the void, so that anyone searching for Orokin treasure could be harvested for bio-mass and brought back to Lephantis. From the derelicts the Infestation slowly spread to capture the occasional ship.

That's the point that the Grineer started to pay attention and capture test subjects and the Infestation as a whole "wakes up" due to the experiments of Tengus.

After that we have the Tenno tracing Infestation from normal missions to the derelicts (via nav-coords) then from there to ODA and Lephantis (via golem nav coords) then we eliminate Lephantis.

After that is Alad V's mutalist plot-line and the invasion or Eris (Complete with mutalist troops)

Edited by SilentMobius

I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but I've love to have the Stalker to be involved here, I mean, he has so much love and loyalty to the Orokin that even after a long &#! time since the Tennos slaughtered the Orokin until we woke up and he's still hating on us. I feel like he's a poor lonely soul with no knowledge about anything now.

...How? How could he possibly be involved with this?

I mean he was a Guardian of the Orokin, and the Orokin fought with the Sentients, he's loyal to the Orokin, => Sentients are his enemies as well. As I said, I just hope he does, would love to uncover some lore behind that mask, too. There's this thing called Oddities that I just discovered from checking Codex (lol) and wiki said it uncovers a piece of lore every time you got a scan of it.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

I mean he was a Guardian of the Orokin, and the Orokin fought with the Sentients, he's loyal to the Orokin, => Sentients are his enemies as well. As I said, I just hope he does, would love to uncover some lore behind that mask, too. There's this thing called Oddities that I just discovered from checking Codex (lol) and wiki said it uncovers a piece of lore every time you got a scan of it.

What I mean is, how would Stalker have anything to do with what we are? Other than straight answers, of course.

What I mean is, how would Stalker have anything to do with what we are? Other than straight answers, of course.

Unless one possible answer.

Tenno is just a callsign, a name given to those trained in martial warfare and who uses a warframe.

The Guardians were allso trained, possibly even using the Void as a weapon, but they were not users of the warframe armor.

If that is why Stalker can use a warframe - he too was exposed to the Void just not as much as the Tenno - it explains much.

It explains why he feels he must judge and punish the Tenno. He do not use "Tenno-powers" because he is not a Tenno.

He uses Guardian-powers instead. Same but different.

How about that?

Edited by arch111