Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

I wont even adress other things that you said coz they are irrelevnt to this dicussion. It should not take place here.

Lephantis was never J2K. It was a name for a new boss that leaked in the devstream one time. It was never changed from J2k to Lephantis coz it was never officialt J2k.

It WAS J2K for a while after his immediate release, when J3 was still a thing in the chart.

The problem isnt just the vague backstory, the problem is that it's vague info while at the same time they are it's replacing placeholder entities, and filling in content gaps, at worst it's shuffling names. You cant conclude anything when everything is moving.

I repeat, if you "can't conclude anything" in your opinion, why are you in a thread about reaching conclusions?

I wont even adress other things that you said coz they are irrelevnt to this dicussion. It should not take place here.

Lephantis was never J2K. It was a name for a new boss that leaked in the devstream one time. It was never changed from J2k to Lephantis coz it was never official J2k.

Update 10.0.4

Changes:

• The J-2000 Golem is now known as “Lephantis”.

Sorry, I wasnt playing since the very first day of the update so I assumed that it was from the start. But that changes nothing, placeholders cannot be the soure of lore, also most game mechanics not related to lore cannot be the source too (like enemy progression, gear like pizzas but not scaners, affinity/credit/resorce boosters, arcane enchancements and many more things like this haveing not impact at lore).

As for now J3-Golem from lore perspective doesnt exist and has no backstory that it had earlier. Its backstory is the backstory on Lephantis now. Placeholders that have no story around them cannot be considered as a source of info for lore.

Im not talking about game mechanics im talking about the story these guys carry.

When Hek and Ruk were upgraded their stories werent changed. One still a diplomat and the other is still a relic hunter.

But some bosses had their stories tweaked or thoroughly changed.

I repeat, if you "can't conclude anything" in your opinion, why are you in a thread about reaching conclusions?

I repeat, the one thing you can do with the way lore is to have fun and come up with theories of what can be possible.

But saying X and Y isnt possible or that Z is the definite story is just a waste of time with how the story of his game develops.

So, yes, it's possible that Tenno can be energy beings. Getting into a conversation how this theory doesnt work is kinda of a run-around cause the older the info the less it's solid.

I mentioned a while back the theory that Tenno are brainwashed baby sentient and now that it has been revealed that "lotus" has baby issues wouldn't it be a twist to find out that the Tenno are actually baby sentients that were never sent through the void and can continue on spreading the sentient life in this system?

8Gf5lN3.png

/thread

Yet we have higher-ranking official and Orokin-relic hunter Sargas Ruk questioning "What flesh is beneath that Warframe?" and brilliant scientist Tyl Regor deciding he can't way to see "when I open your head-fruit what color juice spills out", both unsure about what was beneath the Warframes

I think Lech Kril might just be speaking in blusters. But this is a point of contention.

Yet we have higher-ranking official and Orokin-relic hunter Sargas Ruk questioning "What flesh is beneath that Warframe?" and brilliant scientist Tyl Regor deciding he can't way to see "when I open your head-fruit what color juice spills out", both unsure about what was beneath the Warframes

I think Lech Kril might just be speaking in blusters. But this is a point of contention.

Both confirming we have flesh inside :O

I think we all know that flesh/organic material is inside a WF. What's your point?

That we are not made of lasers.

Jackal doesn't bleed, he's a proxy! ;P

I regret everythingggggg

Both confirming we have flesh inside :O

That we are not made of lasers.

I regret everythingggggg

still doesnt disprove that player tenno is just an oro like being that can inhabit different frames.

How they became that way? who knows- maybe some its some kind of Orokin tech. 

So the year is nearing 3/4 over and DE said they'd fully explain Tenno and their Origin this year.

Anyone else doubting we're going to get said answers at this point? We haven't heard a single thing along those lines since the Dev Stream at the start of the year.

It's been confirmed for U18. Even if we don't get it by December we will have it early next year.

So the year is nearing 3/4 over and DE said they'd fully explain Tenno and their Origin this year.

Anyone else doubting we're going to get said answers at this point? We haven't heard a single thing along those lines since the Dev Stream at the start of the year.

we have

At that Tenno VIP thing they talk about Update 18 having it in the Second Dreams Quest.

still doesnt disprove that player tenno is just an oro like being that can inhabit different frames.

I still think the Void separated the soul from the body, allowing it to move from host to host.

I still think the Void separated the soul from the body, allowing it to move from host to host.

this could be the case, but i also feel that the first tenno didnt have to transfer bodies. I think there was an original Excalibur that was some kind of deformed person that had a suit built around (and inside) him. What we use in game are just copies of the original, flesh and all.

I would think it was rare for a subject to come back from the void with extraordinary abilities. The ones that were gifted became the original prototype for the various WFs we duplicate now. The rest were just put through a process where they would leave their original bodies and with their Oro, inhabit these duplicates WFs of prime warriors.

it would be like if they cloned Michael Jordans body, and lesser basketball players went through a process that allowed them to "posses" these clones to play basketball. It wouldnt just be MJ though, there would be a Lebron clone, a Kobe clone, etc. Only the elite players would be considered worthy enough to clone, while all the other "ballplayers" leave their own bodies to use these duplicates on the court.

Edited by Hypernaut1

It's been confirmed for U18. Even if we don't get it by December we will have it early next year.

Yep. At the current pace, I would put it late February/early March. There will be essentially no progress for part of December due to Winter Break. Other than that, just take the amount of time it took for U17 and add a month or two :P

It will be cool to get this info, but it's so far away, it's hardly worth mentioning atm.

Exactly, it's takes less assumptions for them to be flesh creatures.

The more I think of the setting the more the idea of "Original" Tenno (One I've espoused a number of times) bugs me.

The idea of splitting Tenno into one set with X rules and another with Y rules where nothing at all like that is ever suggested just  rubs me the wrong way, I mean what was special about those first Tenno? Sure, we can construct a narrative to allow them that fits the facts as given to us but it feels messy.

Personally I'm wondering if the Zariman children really ever became Tenno at all.

I mean sure, they are the first humans we're told about who returned from a "fold" when it was believed that no-one normally returns. And that does match the idea of a "twisted few who returned from that place". But I can't help but wonder if, rather than being the first Tenno, they actually ended up as the raw material for the first Warframes.

I mean, a lot of the idea for "Original Tenno" is to define why there are X number of Warframe lines: Each "Original Tenno" had a unique frame built for them, but what if that not the way it happened. What if each frame was build from raw materials that informed the personality and design of the Warframe.

The Orokin could clone the mechanics of the "Powers" but not the connection to the Void, requiring Void-touched-soldiers to "drive" them.

Don't get me wrong, it still feels messy, story wise, but I'm wondering if it feels cleaner than the "First NPC Tenno" vs "Player Tenno who are different" notion that dominates currently.

The more I think of the setting the more the idea of "Original" Tenno (One I've espoused a number of times) bugs me.

The idea of splitting Tenno into one set with X rules and another with Y rules where nothing at all like that is ever suggested just  rubs me the wrong way, I mean what was special about those first Tenno? Sure, we can construct a narrative to allow them that fits the facts as given to us but it feels messy.

At last we see eye to eye about it.

As for the ones from the Zariman becoming Tenno or not, ehhhhhhhhhhhhh. Personally that again starts to lean towards "first Tenno" vs. "player Tenno", but ultimately we aren't 100% sure WHAT came back on those ships - if it was even physical or not - or where in the timeline the creation of the Tenno actually happened - some would say it was during the Orokin Era, some would say it was before, I think we'll just need to wait for the Second Dream.

In the meantime if we could get SIMARIS SCANS DONE!... Hrrrm.

Perhaps but I see potential for them to be some kind of energy/spirit given what happened to Vor after his little "Void rebirth".

Depends what you call an "energy spirit". Regardless of his popping in and out Void-Vor looks _very_ physical, If that is an energy form it is one that hard-patterned on his physicality from before. Other than the dis-corporation and survival, there isn't much separating his form from a real physical one (Even though it is an odd, split-in two one)

The usual touchstones of "energy" vs "physical"

1. Passing through solid objects

2. Visually appearing intangible

3. Shape-alteration

Don't appear to apply.

I'm not saying Void-Vor isn't "Energy" as he states, but if he is, it is a very specific and limited state compared to what you get in other stories when they talk of physical entities ascending into an energy form.

Edited by SilentMobius

Depends what you call an "energy spirit". Regardless of his popping in and out Void-Vor looks _very_ physical, If that is an energy form it is one that hard-patterned on his physicality from before. Other than the dis-corporation and survival, there isn't much separating his form from a real physical one (Even though it is an odd, split-in two one)

The usual touchstones of "energy" vs "physical"

1. Passing through solid objects

2. Visually appearing intangible

3. Shape-alteration

Don't appear to apply.

I'm not saying Void-Vor isn't "Energy" as he states, but if he is, it is a very specific and limited state compared to what you get in other stories when they talk of physical entities ascending into an energy form.

And the idea of physical energy is something I've considered, but that raises far more questions.

Of course, if his spirit was separated from his body by the energies of the Void as I theorize what happened to the Tenno he could, theoretically, posses his own body ala how we posses Warframes - that's sort of a key point in my theory, we still HAD our bodies, and we could have used them at will if the Orokin let us, but I'd wager that once the Orokin had us in Warframes they'd have disposed of our original and useless bodies. But if that's then the case it raises the question of the dissipation via particle effects of the body.

Either way, we need more information on what he became and how he became it, I think a nice quest into the Void would work well - I'm picturing one being sold by Baro Ki'teer, but that might just be cruel.

Edited by Morec0