Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

And This Happens When They They Add Workshop Paid Mods

N7-CommanderShepard

You know most of those are mock mods intended to make a statement, right?

In other news, Tripwire updated their EULA to say people can't monetize mods made for Killing Floor. So it's not all over.

Thank god. I loved killing floor.

I mean, I think it's great that modders get payed for their work, but it's really hard to see what standpoint to take simply because some people put next to no effort to get payed, and others put in a lot of work.

Personally, I think modding should just be a hobby, and something you shouldn't expect to get payed for. If someone donates to you, that's wonderful that someone thought your mod was that wonderful, but in it's current state where it's all buisness, the modding community will go to S#&$ unless something's done.

And, as this happens more and more, the less diverse the modding community is going to become because people can't afford it. (eg Garry's mod and it's S#&$load of workshop content), especially games that are wholefully reliant on the workshop.

Edited by SgtFlex

Thank god. I loved killing floor.

I mean, I think it's great that modders get payed for their work, but it's really hard to see what standpoint to take simply because some people put next to no effort to get payed, and others put in a lot of work.

Personally, I think modding should just be a hobby, and something you shouldn't expect to get payed for. If someone donates to you, that's wonderful that someone thought your mod was that wonderful, but in it's current state where it's all buisness, the modding community will go to S#&$ unless something's done.

And, as this happens more and more, the less diverse the modding community is going to become because people can't afford it. (eg Garry's mod and it's S#&$load of workshop content), especially games that are wholefully reliant on the workshop.

It's been done in such a horrible way. Modders get the tiniest cut, and the actual terms set by Valve pretty much say "got a free mod? Quick, better monetize it before someone else does, because they can, and there's nothing you can do about it!"

THANK BASED TRIPWIRE

I'll be honest, I only knew about Tripwire recently. But they seem pretty damn decent.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I'll be honest, I only knew about Tripwire recently. But they seem pretty damn decent.

Really?

Wow.

Yeah no they are real cool guys. Free weapons put into KF for a while, they made Red Orchestra 2 (immediate respect) and they're just cool guys all around.

Really?

Wow.

Yeah no they are real cool guys. Free weapons put into KF for a while, they made Red Orchestra 2 (immediate respect) and they're just cool guys all around.

And my personal favorite.

5aea6d2c37a5ff9188b694dc634dc417.png

This is what got me interested in Red Orchestra hue.

the here comes the money sword makes me feel a bit like punching who ever made it in the face, then taking the money and give it back as refunds.

I get that some of these are meant to be jokes but this one feels more insulting.

btw right now im so glad that I don't have to buy any of things that people are trying to sell.

Really?

Wow.

Never played Red Orchestra. Got killing Floor ages ago but never played it till a week or two ago.