Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should De Consider Original "proto" Skins For Other Frames?

R34LM

Given the popularity of the proto-skin of Excalibur and the Nemesis skin of Nyx, it might be a good idea for DE to consider making skins for other frames as well.

Yeah, I know that the Proto-Armor and the Nemesis armor are the only ones tied to the Dark Sector story, but how cool would a Proto-Ash, Loki or Banshee look? Also, alternate skins for frames are always nice, as it adds more options for customization.

So, would you guys be into original proto-armor for other frames?

well, there was concepts that resembled trinity, in the original pre- alpha DS, which got removed, same with frost, though that one honestly looked the same to me, just had a longer trenchcoat. but yeah, id love to see more skins, especially when they look that good.

I think they'd need to corner what is exactly is "proto". 

Excal's design looks more urban (as urban as something can be in Warframe) while Nemesis Nyx is very alien with nothing "familiar" on it. 

Edited by Kinperor

Excal's design looks more urban while Nemesis Nyx is very alien with nothing "familiar" on it. 

I agree, but they do both share a darker style that is a little less sleek.

If they're gonna do that for all frames

Zephyr should get the original  fan concept as a proto skin

ef485fe37bf0d68a2f052f6661d9192d.jpg

or this

arcane_zephyr_the_wind_elemental_v2_by_l

I personally don't want to see a grey  gritty darkish zephyr

Edited by Deidaku

Excal's design looks more urban (as urban as something can be in Warframe) while Nemesis Nyx is very alien with nothing "familiar" on it.

actually inspecting both skins they both are VERY similar with only small differences. They both are very much "cut from the same cloth."

But to OP if they do decide to make other proto skins I hope they keep them similar to the Excal and Nyx DC look.

Edited by Senketsu_

The only problem I can see is that with the current proto designs they were kinda cheap to port over, it would be a lot more work to start making unique ones.

It's possible.

I want to see Prototype Loki, Valkyr(?) and Ash on those metal abs and biometal textured prototypes

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for these ones:

here's where i'll be putting my concepts of warframes in their proto-armor variants.
latest will be posted on top.
Disclaimer: these concepts do not follow up on lore, just merely my adaptations of how i view warframes in their earlier versions

enjoy!

Ember

F6jqRPd.png

Saryn

492HMpd.png

Loki

kJuHj0k.png

Ash

1jUJtbi.png

(no hood)

XpREunj.png

Rhino

iKiqLns.png

Frost

wAeF4Op.png

Volt

43Kk9o1.png

Edited by Spectre-Agent

actually inspecting both skins they both are VERY similar with only small differences. They both are very much "cut from the same cloth."

But to OP if they do decide to make other proto skins I hope they keep them similar to the Excal and Nyx DC look.

I find the difference to be pretty significative. They're both obviously related, but Excal's seems to be 75% technocyte whereas Nemesyx is 100% technocyte.