Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Play Easily Possible With The New Windows System And Xbox One

(XBOX)RagingRoofDemon

POST TO ALL DEVELOPING TEAMS

Xbox and the new version of windows are basically the same system. I don't understand why Warframe would not take advantage of this new compatability. It would very easily create a link between Xbox and PC servers. Please implement. I myself have several friends and an older brother on PC who have said that if they could play cross platform they would dump money into the game. WE NEED CROSS PLATFORM ASAP

It would be nice, but we have to wait for the updates to catch up. Also, update rates are forced to be different since Sony and Microsoft charge a fee for updates, so it's better to do it in larger chunks. 

If this were to happen, I'd also like to see exclusive skins between all consoles removed. Jade/Obsidian skins are too nice imo.

Not really possible, because the XB1 build will be lagging behind the PC build. The "cross play" is really just "remote play"; in that the game is running on your XB1 but you're able to control it with your PC (similar to Steam's game streaming).

Until the builds are in sync, cross platform play just isn't really possible, and as long as DE is pushing updates and hotfixes out, the builds will always be out of sync (because PC requires no certification but the XB1 does). Same reason why PS4 and PC can't crossplay.

POST TO ALL DEVELOPING TEAMS

Xbox and the new version of windows are basically the same system. I don't understand why Warframe would not take advantage of this new compatability. It would very easily create a link between Xbox and PC servers. Please implement. I myself have several friends and an older brother on PC who have said that if they could play cross platform they would dump money into the game. WE NEED CROSS PLATFORM ASAP

In the future, if you find that you have posted a thread in the wrong forum area, just use the report function found on the bottom right, to the left of the multi-quote button and ask a moderator using that to move your thread to the correct section.

PS4 and XB1 builds will still be behind due to Cert.

also, those two Companies have no intentions of letting games be Cross Platform unless you pay them the money they think they'll lose due to having it.

so unless you want to foot the bill (it's like 8 or 9 digits), it isn't going to happen because your beloved Console Companies are money sharks.

Cross play will never happen now that there is an Xbox one build. Micro$oft would never allow the Xbone to connect to the PS4. And it simply wouldn't be fair to allow either one of the consoles to have sole cross play rights with the PC.

• 2 weeks later...

The PC and XBOX ONE are going to be one in the same when windows 10 rolls out so if DE doesnt block it the cross platforming will be done already just buy and install the XBOX version on windows 10.....

XB1 will continue to be behind in updates. There is no way to avoid this in DE's development method unless MS allows them to skip certification.

As such, cross platform play is impossible.

Well, PC could wait it out with XB1 between updates, but if that were to happen... These forums would look like Baltimore.

Well, PC could wait it out with XB1 between updates, but if that were to happen... These forums would look like Baltimore.

Except that the PC can't, because there is no way that updates would pass cert without the PC players finding most of the major bugs.

So because of a feature that will never exist, and Warframe starting out as a PC title you want us to have to wait for console plebs to catch up? yeah how about NO, only because this is a public forum and the words I want to use I cant.

So because of a feature that will never exist, and Warframe starting out as a PC title you want us to have to wait for console plebs to catch up? yeah how about NO, only because this is a public forum and the words I want to use I cant.

Calm down, buddy. I'm saying if it were to happen, responses like your's would happen.