Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think Mesa Is Broken? (In Terms Of Being A Fun Warframe)

Spindle99

I can't offer any feedback on Mesa, The grindwall to obtain her remains unbroken by me still. I haven't seen any Mutalist Alad V Coordinate drops from infested missions in months... I'm guessing everyone's getting them before I get out of work.

Most likely, I've seen over 10 of them just this week.

come on  guys, mesa with a gmag aside can do solo any defense till wave 25 or so, just sittin there like a mob and pressing right click COME ON, how thats not op, op and $&*&*#(%& design

Yes 25 if you have absolutely maxed out Mesa. For it to work you need to become a glass cannon though, there is just no space for redirection/vitality/vigor. After 25 waves you will die really, really quick if you don't have the support from your team.

Most frames can do 25 waves, it's just easier to do with mesa because you don't have to do much(apart from having a lot of carefully picked mods).

She is a good frame to just farm things, especially with greedy mag, disarm loki and fast nova.

Where as other frames stay mostly the same throughout rising difficulty, Mesa is a little different, she starts out really strong, but the longer the match drags on the weaker she becomes. The other frames have utility skills to somehow make enemies easier/frames stronger at that point. Mesa doesn't really have that, her team buff is unreliable and her 1 isn't good in most cases unless you are really, really coordinated with your anti-matter nova.

I probably sound like im a Mesa fanboy who is afraid of any "nerf", but im really not. I don't main her, i just see her for what she is and she is not op. She just excels at early-mid game.

And im sure it's left click, not right :P

Edited by kiteohatto

Yes 25 if you have absolutely maxed out Mesa. For it to work you need to become a glass cannon though, there is just no space for redirection/vitality/vigor. After 25 waves you will die really, really quick if you don't have the support from your team.

Most frames can do 25 waves, it's just easier to do with mesa because you don't have to do much(apart from having a lot of carefully picked mods).

is not easier with mesa, is not actually Mesa, is the IA who does ti, till wave 25, you only have to as you said press left click, you really people like that? yea i know a lot people like it otherwise wouldnt be the most requested Warframe along with frost and mag g pull for defense missions

lot of times i have to be patient and wait, wait and wait, because i dont have the autoaim terminator machine people asks for, and then stay near her eatin some cookies while the bot does all the job, "playing warframe"

edit> i actually like the frame the aesthetics, just dont like her 4, i dont like valkyr`s also, is just non sense for me

Edited by Jazzist

is not easier with mesa, is not actually Mesa, is the IA who does ti, till wave 25, you only have to as you said press left click, you really people like that? yea i know a lot people like it otherwise wouldnt be the most requested Warframe along with frost and mag g pull for defense missions

lot of times i have to be patient and wait, wait and wait, because i dont have the autoaim terminator machine people asks for, and then stay near her eatin some cookies while the bot does all the job, "playing warframe"

edit> i actually like the frame the aesthetics, just dont like her 4, i dont like valkyr`s also, is just non sense for me

What is the difference between modding Mesa and using 4 and then holding left click and modding another frame and pressing 4 once to wipe a room ?

I get it, you don't like how her skillset is, but she is not any more OP than any other nuker frame that's been built around 4-to-wipe room.

What is the difference between modding Mesa and using 4 and then holding left click and modding another frame and pressing 4 once to wipe a room ?

I get it, you don't like how her skillset is, but she is not any more OP than any other nuker frame that's been built around 4-to-wipe room.

if there is no difference why 9 out of 10 T Def hosts ask for Mesas as the clear room frame

Whatever, everybody has their opinions, wont argue anymore..

Edited by Jazzist

First of all, the difference is that some other Warframes clean rooms with 4. Mesa clean MAPS.

Second, not all Warframe abilities are such a thing. There are a lot of Warframes who're balanced and are not instrument used just to sit in front of a pc/console eating doritos while playing a game. 

I don't know what kind of 'balance' do you mean, but for me an aimbot Warframe is not that thing. The truth is that Mesa ult could be better thought, instead of just give her the possibility to act like a bot user.

come on  guys, mesa with a gmag aside can do solo any defense till wave 25 or so, just sittin there like a mob and pressing right click COME ON, how thats not op, op and $&*&*#(%& design

Well loki can solo non infested defenses till wave 25 too.... so should we nerf him too?

Well loki can solo non infested defenses till wave 25 too.... so should we nerf him too?

be serious please...the comparison between mesas clearing effectiveness vs lokis hurts my intelligence

First of all, the difference is that some other Warframes clean rooms with 4. Mesa clean MAPS.

Second, not all Warframe abilities are such a thing. There are a lot of Warframes who're balanced and are not instrument used just to sit in front of a pc/console eating doritos while playing a game. 

I don't know what kind of 'balance' do you mean, but for me an aimbot Warframe is not that thing. The truth is that Mesa ult could be better thought, instead of just give her the possibility to act like a bot user.

She only clears maps if she is placed somewhere where she can cover the whole map, even with that she will only get so far. As the waves rise her damage starts dropping off and eventually she will get downed from 1 hit/proc.

Other nuker frames are actually better at wiping chokepoints with their 4's because they can instantly do more damage and instantly get rid of the mobs. Mesa just hits a couple at a time and you can't prioritise who to hit, you might have a mob behind you about to attack you but she will decide and pop a couple of shots at something thats 50m away, getting you downed in the process.

As for your second point, all frames can be balanced, sure. However, in the end its more effective to build around 1 ability, be it cc or damage, it's just flat out better. Why struggle and be a jack-of-all when you can be master of one thing and have it easy ?

Her aimbot 4 isn't an end-to-all ability, she doesn't have godmode.

Mesa is like Torid, good damage overtime, but you gotta place it where most things are.

Other nukers are like penta/ogris....boom and the room is clear.

To see how balanced Mesa is you gotta play her for a bit to get to know her pro's and con's. Just seeing "how easy" it looks when someone else plays her doesn't count.

Edited by kiteohatto

So you're arguments to support the thesis 'Mesa is ok' are comparisons with one of the best Warframe in the entire game? Wow.

I don't think she's broken, I was originally very mad that they nerfed excal for the reason people use Mesa without her gettin a nerf. But with the excal rework it's ok.

I just feel if nerfing a different frame from something another frame does better is strange

Its ok, I just want Warframe to reduce me the time played with a mesa in defenses as time played in the game, cuz im not actually playing, im just "there"

Edited by Jazzist

be serious please...the comparison between mesas clearing effectiveness vs lokis hurts my intelligence

Max range+effiency+little counter duration. Disarm, lure with decoy, invis, strong melee. Sure it is little slower, but it is as effective.

So you're arguments to support the thesis 'Mesa is ok' are comparisons with one of the best Warframe in the entire game? Wow.

It was little less support of mesa and little more that she is not the only one. Also ive used mesa, with strength build, she is not as strong as you ppl claim she is.

Max range+effiency+little counter duration. Disarm, lure with decoy, invis, strong melee. Sure it is little slower, but it is as effective.

It was little less support of mesa and little more that she is not the only one. Also ive used mesa, with strength build, she is not as strong as you ppl claim she is.

Those 2 barely played her, i just had to check them out :D.(and when i say barely im talking about 370 kills and 0 kills)

It's just a case of grass is greener on the other side, nerf thy neighbour his "grass is too good".

Edited by kiteohatto

be serious please...the comparison between mesas clearing effectiveness vs lokis hurts my intelligence

Why?

Its essentially the same thing just a different way of getting there. And isnt that what such diverse games should be about?

One of my favorite aspects of warframe is the amount of different styles and techniques that can be employeed.

And as a player who has a multi forma'd mesa I can tell you right now ill go too 40 with no energy pads used.

Edited by (XB1)Listed mia 510

if there is no difference why 9 out of 10 T Def hosts ask for Mesas as the clear room frame

People are asking for Mesa as her ult is equally efficient against both trash mobs and single strong ones, the feat shared with Ash Bladestorm. Also Mesa's ult doesn't stop enemies from coming unlike Mirage's or Banshee's ults. It has fixed range, no duration, so it's possible to mod it for max damage/efficiency. Also Mesa is stationary, which makes life of Limbo, Gmag and buffers easier.

Before Mesa (and Nullifiers) setups were even cheaper: Disarm Loki + Booben and 4 Ogris Missile Launchers. Are you just forgot these times?

Remove Mesa and we'll see "H T4D need Ash", or Saryn, or Mag, even old overnerfed Excalibro. LoL

Edited by tutzdes

Why?

Its essentially the same thing just a different way of getting there. And isnt that what such diverse games should be about?

One of my favorite aspects of warframe is the amount of different styles and techniques that can be employeed.

And as a player who has a multi forma'd mesa I can tell you right now ill go too 40 with no energy pads used.

Somehow i don't believe you....40 with no energy used ? Really ?

Unless ofcourse you are including greedy mag or trinity here.

The original idea of the post was not to start a NERF MESA argument, it was asking if Mesa is broken in terms of being a warframe you don't actually play.  Is hitting 4 and pressing left mouse really fun?

Yes she is a great tool but is she fun or rewarding to use?

I love how powerful she is but the sad fact is, our input into how she perfoms in things like T4 void in minimal.  Do you know what I do while playing T4 void on Mesa?  I watch tv, watch youtube videos or post here.  I can't do that with any other frame.

Yes she is powerful, and that is great!  I'm just sad she is powerful cause of her AI and not my skill playing.

Edited by Spindle99

She can't shoot through nully bubbles. If she doesn't have a good team to support her, she's definitely not OP in defense.

At around 30 nullifiers week come paired with Bombards. Mesa will take damage from blast if she doesn't switch her strategy up.

The original idea of the post was not to start a NERF MESA argument, it was asking if Mesa is broken in terms of being a warframe you don't actually play.  Is hitting 4 and pressing left mouse really fun?

I just don't play Mesa at T4D or other static camping missions. My main Mesa build is a durable weapon platform.

i have fun playing mesa not using 4.. only  3 sometimes 2...  am i weird? xD am i playing her wrong? 

talking about #4 .. well yeah i think having her spam spam spam is bad for the playerbase (at least in pubs) ... to say its broken.. well... look at this way.. shes like an enginners turret... why not give her a turret to be her #4? so that way the turret dies even now and then or has timer and another thing.. let that turret only shoot infront of it.... (haha such a crazy idea)..

anyways why not let mesa shoot only infrot of her and not all places? :3

Edited by xDesconocidox

Fun for the player: yes, fun for the team: sometimes (for T4D long-runs). 

From a T4D long-run perspective she is awesome for helping the team skip the early crap waves, and peered with 4 x Corrosive Projection, a Limbo, an Oberon (Smite Infusion) and any other frame that adds damge makes for the fastest 60 wave I've been on (allot faster than the old excalibro method). Pre 60 others clear out the Nullifiers and keep Mesa primed, after 60 when Peacemaker's damage is less effective the Shatter Shield makes for a really tanky ranged DPS class (not a fan of Shooting Gallery though, too random). Does take ALLOT of energy pads though, as Limbo's energy restore doesn't really buff it enough when Mesa isn't in Peacemaker. Ballistic Battery is awesome for taking out any of the Corrupted Eximus units.

Edited by KracsNZ