Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hud Mockup Hurr + Inc. Impractical Ar Hud

Tangerine

Now including, COMPLETELY IMPRACTICAL AND JUST FOR FUN AND COOL FACTOR, Augmented Reality HUD.

NEUTRAL

ibagYBK.jpg

STEALTH INDICATOR

PCaCpO8.jpg

IN COMBAT

8GvokKD.jpg

DISTANT ENEMY

qVpvb85.jpg

CLOSE ENEMY

qjUUWDX.jpg

ENVIRONMENTAL DESCRIPTIONS

WI9xdF1.jpg

RELOAD

w2FAAzr.jpg

ABILITY DURATION

m6V7GN5.jpg

IN COMBAT+CHARGE %

C7Lj91v.jpg

I think they heard you:

7IJ5zJZ.jpg

bdkwpUt.jpg

PmIsZxo.jpg

Instead of just having a certain type of HUD for everyone, why not just let us choose what HUD we want to use? Maybe have an option in the game where you can choose different types of HUDs made by the community or DE... and maybe let us customize them. That way everyone is happy and we get a decent HUD for a change.

Now including, COMPLETELY IMPRACTICAL AND JUST FOR FUN AND COOL FACTOR, Augmented Reality HUD.

NEUTRAL

ibagYBK.jpg

STEALTH INDICATOR

PCaCpO8.jpg

IN COMBAT

8GvokKD.jpg

DISTANT ENEMY

qVpvb85.jpg

CLOSE ENEMY

qjUUWDX.jpg

ENVIRONMENTAL DESCRIPTIONS

WI9xdF1.jpg

RELOAD

w2FAAzr.jpg

ABILITY DURATION

m6V7GN5.jpg

IN COMBAT+CHARGE %

C7Lj91v.jpg

really nice stufff tbh

Edited by n7snk

Look DE, if ever I've wanted something more than well... anything. It's this HUD. A nice clean hud is always refreshing. Maybe implement several options (as many others have posted long before me here) to allow us to choose certain elements of the hud to include/leave off entirely and the ability to move them around. Also alternate versions of the huds. Such as the current hud and the new ones OP has come up with. Please do consider this! 

I know most ppl are f2p here but I'd be willing to pay for this big time (at a reasonable price of course) :D

No. That's horribly confusing and a kill count IN THE MATCH would ruin the game.

Look at Mass Effect. Being able to track points DURING the game completely ruined it; if someone has a low score in the game, they're considered bad. If something doesn't kill fast, it's considered bad.

Terrible idea on the improved HUD. It'd more than likely cause people to not want to play the game after seeing that, rather than the simple basic loadout it is now.

really nice stufff tbh

I love how this design boosts the visual focus of the environment instead of just solely focusing on your HUD. If DE tries so hard on making levels really visually pleasing they'll need this HUD to get players to enjoy the level environment more.

I'm going to throw the idea out there that augmented reality could be integrated into a re-designed HUD, perhaps through the use of mods. (Not new mods, but functionality attached to existing ones. For example, Enemy Sense could allow enemies to not only show up on the minimap, but become outlined in red/some-other-color-that-is-more-appealing. Thief's wit could highlight loot containers on screen.

That said, I really like the style of both the HUD here and the augmented reality idea. Augmented reality would do very well used to show objectives, downed teammates and weapon charge times when applicable (Paris, Dread, Ogris.) Ammo and Energy are good to represent as numbers since the specific values are very important, but Shields, Health and weapon charge progress should definitely be represented visually, as the overall full/empty relationship is more important than specific values.

Edit: Heck, DE should just release a community tool for designing HUDs that allows for a limited degree of testing and hold contests every few months or so. The winners of the contests would have their HUD added to the market, available to other users for Platinum and get their own HUD for free. Creativity outlet for the community. Money in DE's pocket. Wide selection of choice for other users. Win-win-win.

That doesn't go to say that DE shouldn't redesign the current HUD.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

Please DE. If nothing else.

At least give us the augmented-reality holographic ammo counters alongside our guns. Looking down to the bottom right hand corner is very inconvenient in the middle of a firefight. 

Edit: Heck, DE should just release a community tool for designing HUDs that allows for a limited degree of testing and hold contests every few months or so.

You mean...like what happened in Blacklight? http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=598571

At least give us the info we need DE, for coders in the community to write up our own little HUD generator like Zombie did for Blacklight. We still have no clue how Warframe does its HUD. Or its models...or it's sounds.... Time and again Bethesda in particular - has proven that providing your fanbase with the tools to easily add user created content into the game, can inflate the games sales and lifespan almost indefinatley. Just because we're in beta dosn't mean you can't start laying the foundations now. 

Edited by 11.11.11

Edit: Heck, DE should just release a community tool for designing HUDs that allows for a limited degree of testing and hold contests every few months or so. The winners of the contests would have their HUD added to the market, available to other users for Platinum and get their own HUD for free. Creativity outlet for the community. Money in DE's pocket. Wide selection of choice for other users. Win-win-win.

That doesn't go to say that DE shouldn't redesign the current HUD.

That's a cool idea, if it does happen someone will have to recreate this thread's mockups if they so desire because I have no swf skills, lol.