Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hud Mockup Hurr + Inc. Impractical Ar Hud

Tangerine

Looks really good to me.

One thing I'd really like it to see the list of resources/mods/bp's that I've picked up over the course of a mission.

That's there too. Look at the lower right. Also visit the 1pg of this thread. It shows what each section of the HUD is for.

the player Health/energy's possible even now. since its data already being sent by the servers.  sentinel health / Mob health not sure since all we see are just un-numbered generic Bars. the rest looks like its doable as its just re-positioning existing functions/ features already there. 

but i agree. this should be implemented or, leave us he ability to Theme our own HUDs,

i think i could quite happily play with this hud, the current one is pretty un-friendly when it comes to usability and a lot of useful information is missing.

my only quarrel with this UI is the items panel, i think it would be nice to have these hotkeyed to the F keys or something. Running out of ammo during a gunfight and having to hold Q and click on something is a pretty painful experience.

You have a very weird definition of "clean". This UI is very jumbled and unnecessary. I have zero issues with the current UI except not being able to see my melee experience or Shade health. Everything else about the current UI is fine. ... If anything like this were implemented, I would pray that each section was able to be completely turned off so I didn't have to give a crap about it or ever see it.

I'm gonna have to agree, but only in part, with SteelPhantom as I've only got like three issues with the current UI, that said. I think what you have here is amazing, I don't find it overly jumbled or unnecessary as a lot of it is optional data, tab brining up the Data log, Z brining up your party etc and would be MORE than happy to play with this UI.

However here is what I'm not keen on first. then the good.

* Color, I rather like the feel of the current pallet on the current UI, I realize many feel it's outdated having read though all 10 current pages of the thread, but it's more congruent with the feel and style that DE so far are going for.

Now if we had more on the lore and culture and over all back ground of the Tenno as a people than maybe this could easily be done either way I'd love to see a version of this keeping a bit more to the current color pallet maybe not exact replica but just bit more congruent.

* Not so fond of the blurry digit screen-effect on the party and personal image windows. its understandable for Lotus as she's a distant incoming transmission, your party is with you so I would personally think the link between Tenno coms and such would be enough to maybe not have such a noticeable effect.

* Would much rather the numbered version over the dotted bars as it's so much faster to see where you are at in the heat of battle imho. (This maybe just me and my dyslexia but still.)

*Mini Map. (this is one of my gripes with the current UI) I love using the Mini map but a -lot- of the time I'm finding the current scope that it is set to, to be too small. It would be nice if we could toggle it a bit larger or even have a transparent (User-settable) full map that shows at minimum the room your in, the room behind you, the room a head of you. that would be addition to a full level map (of the rooms you've been in/near) that could be toggled on/off, such is really needed for Stealth play which is what I find myself doing a lot of being rather new-ish and not a lot of squads in the lower areas of the system.

Think thats it on the negs lets go positive now:

* Lay out, things are rather nicely placed, I'll go out on a limb an assume the chat is in the bottom left like it is now (looking at the first few images where it's not shown) the fact that again a lot of the data is optional is good but I'd probably have a lot of it up at times lol.

*Radial selector for the item-pop-up/quick-inventory. I LOVE that you have this. That is one of the -biggest- second Issue I've got with the current UI/Gameplay as I find having to use the mouse for such whilst in the heat of battle just ends up with me dead.. a lot.

*in terms of function I'm thinking taping w/e keyed button you have for Quick inventory, like a toggle, then using mouse wheel and mouse wheel click to select and use an item. thus allowing people to cancel use-item/get out of menu quickly by simply taping Q or w/e button they have keyed to it again with out anything being consumed might be best.

* Sentinel feed back, reallllly glad you have this in there, this is my third issue with current UI, there is nearly no info about the sentinels or feed back from them. I just got my first last night.

I'd love to see in addition to what you have, their affinity and energy bar and if possible a small way of displaying when they can use what ever abilities you've set them to have, like how Frame abilities gray out if you don't have enough power. There have been a few times since getting Shade where I've gone into a level and it almost seems like it has no energy to start with and thus using "Ghost" doesn't work sometimes right away.

Having data on their exp/affinity earned during the game at the end mission log would be nice as well, including their weapon (Unless weapon level is linked to Sentinel level)

* I wasn't sure at first but upon closer look I quite like how you've done the weapons, I'd rather the actual textured image be used just for polish but thats just me. I would however add a slot for melee weapon as currently there is no feed back from it during mission play only at the end.

* Data log and scrolling item pick up notification.. thank youuuu.

Maybe a spot for a tally of money picked up that mission?

random other note, more Gameplay, would be nice to be able to refill ammo (and energy for things that don't reset per mission) in the equipment tab

Well thats my two bucks or so, Again I think what you've got here is absolutely outstanding and could be golden with just a few minor tweaks.

~Ishu.

Because I saw the other thread and decided to make my own take.

F9SxJsu.jpg

1KrRyvO.jpg

yuRciWe.jpg

Numbered health display.with alt energy bar

75g0Xxr.jpg

Centered 

WtOzCzj.jpg

I feel like DE could really improve with their HUD and general interface. Stuff like a scrolling pickup counter (so when you pick up a bunch of stuff, you'll know what the hell you picked up rather than "+44 Credits"), sentinel HP, team status etc.

OLD VERIONS:

http://i.imgur.com/GyyDbZF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7SotbrS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rHqB1iX.jpg

UPDATE:

IMPRACTICAL AND JUST FOR FUN COOL FACTOR AUGMENTED REALITY

NEUTRAL
ibagYBK.jpg

STEALTH INDICATOR
PCaCpO8.jpg

IN COMBAT
8GvokKD.jpg

DISTANT ENEMY
qVpvb85.jpg

CLOSE ENEMY
qjUUWDX.jpg

ENVIRONMENTAL DESCRIPTIONS
WI9xdF1.jpg

RELOAD
w2FAAzr.jpg

ABILITY DURATION
m6V7GN5.jpg

IN COMBAT+CHARGE %
C7Lj91v.jpg

Could you ADD the melee weapon with its level ? (and the exp bar with all the weapons just under them ?

That would be really great with your current HUD suggestions

I have seen a few suggestions and mockups of different UIs on this forum (and a few from friends) and i have to say this is one of the best i have seen! I would like to see this in Warframe, but also with the option of chaning back and forth between an 'Orginal' Ui and a 'Future' UI, but thats just me as i like both UIs.

Good job with your UI it looks very nice and in a 'Warframe style' theme

+1

PS. Nice lotus quote! XD

Edited by Krispies

as long as we'd have some customization on locations and sizing and etc, this looks great. very crisp and visually appealing. the current system in Warframe isn't bad or anything, but this is far superior.

( i still like mod pickups showing me the card on the side of the screen, i don't want to lose that :[)

I really like the concept of this, but it is way too crowded to be of much use in actual combat. I'm of the opinion that a HUD should show everything you really need, but nothing more.

This means:

Ammo counter, yes, but weapon icon isn't needed since you can see which gun you are using.

Same goes for item and warframe ranks since those don't provide any sort of useful information during a mission.

what I'd like to see would be simple separate shield and health bars and an energy bar that is divided into segments of 25 so you can easily count your power uses.

Still like your mockup overall though. Hoping the new HUD will be something like this.

Hey for your impractical Augmented Reality HUD could you include bits of it in your regular HUD mockup?

A "combined" HUD so you could have, say, AR health displays (or health bars) over non-targeted enemies and a floating health/shield counter over your allies. Useful information and it looks cool.

Same goes for item and warframe ranks since those don't provide any sort of useful information during a mission.

Dont agree lol. I personally would kill a baby if I wasnt able to see my frame/weapon rank in game.

Infact, it would be awesome if we could see our melee rank as well.