The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Why Have You Changed Rift Surge ?

LeBulotFarceur

Rift Surge just affect Limbo now

I understand that the old rift surge was pretty OP. The damage buff was too much powerful, but why delete the best support capacity of a support warframe ? Why simply don't reduce the bonus damage of the rift surge ?

I've heard something the council was crying about Limbo but don't know why,.... i understand now.

For example, the old ultimate of trinity was stupidly overpowered, but you haven't changed the capacity for Trinity itself, you have simply reduced the amount of damage reduction that this power provide, it's just logical.

So why the hell you have deleted the capacity of buffing allies damage despite of that is the main utility of this warframe ?

I'm a Limbo fan, i play him many times, polarize him third times so i know that rift surge is not the only supporting tool of this frame, but compared with other supporting frame, even with the possibility to protect a pod (with the narrow-minded build) or to help energy consumption and making a dps-power frame invincible, he still uncompetitive without the all team effect on rift surge.

So why don't just change the amount of damage's buff and get this utility tool back ? 

One thing:
RIft surge has only ever affected Limbo and has never affected his allies.

That is the way the ability was intended.
If it was affecting allies, that was the bug.

It was meant to be a self buff only and has been that way since its introduction.

You got two things wrong.

1. Obviously, what everyone else has said. Rift surge was always a self-buff.

2. The damage buff is far from "OP". As a matter of fact, It's probably his most underwhelming ability.

Well, i wouldn't call buffed innitial ground-finishers underwhelming in a set. It does seem kinda useless if you add the fact that most frames have similar effects as passives to theyr abilitys though. The rift should definitly have more benefits (like a additional dmg buff, maybe less dmg recieved. Since surge shows that dmg manipulation is a thing in this dimension) or less downsides. (Loot dropped in the rift, especially inside a sphere that keeps the layer of reality active, belongs to the rift.)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

it is odd logically that it only affects him while in the rift (i know that it always has) but even worse, his two moves that actually do flat damage are unaffected by it too. the ult only does a couple hundred points of damage when enemies enter or leave the rift but that does not count as "in the rift" for some reason. limbo increase damage by about 500% depending on the build, if this were to affect other players while in the rift, and his own cataclysm damage, he would be one of the best frames there is. And mesa would go crazy on draco

Wooooo okay so I've used 3 forma and a reactor, many research and build on.... A BUG ??!!!

Seriously ?

Okay. Then, what are you thinking about an Surge as an all-team buff ?

Obviously, in that case the damage bonus will be reduced and the bonus given by dimensional torrent won't be applied to Cataclysm

2. The damage buff is far from "OP". As a matter of fact, It's probably his most underwhelming ability.

Our weapons are capable of crazy DPS already.  Depending on how you look at it, it's either super OP, or completely unnecessary.  I do think it warrants using Cataclysm offensively, since you can quickly pop everything inside it if you have an AOE weapon or some punch-through.  Just make sure you actually use cover instead of expecting the Loki treatment where enemies can't possibly harm you in any circumstance.  

• 1 month later...

Wooooo okay so I've used 3 forma and a reactor, many research and build on.... A BUG ??!!!

Seriously ?

Okay. Then, what are you thinking about an Surge as an all-team buff ?

Obviously, in that case the damage bonus will be reduced and the bonus given by dimensional torrent won't be applied to Cataclysm

ya everyone was treating me like an idiot too when I remember 30k+ bladestorms on Viver from inside cataclysm, some Bug.