Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most Oboslete Weapons In Pvp

pavlo555

AkMagnus - It's better to have a single version for headshots and quick kills. Reload penalty is strong and damage is laughable compared to AkLato which wields higher mag , same accuracy , better reload.\

Dual Skana (0.83 attack speed) - Copter ? Maybe, but we have Dual Raza (0.9) out there, and for those who were citizens of LotusGrad for a while, Dex Derpa(0.88) (how i call it) With higher range and damage.

Strun (Usual and Mk-1)  - Wraith version has insane reload speed thus being unfair to new players, and you can always make 4 shot tigris for quick slaying of the Tenno.

Fang Prime - copter nerfed, has highest TTK with those 14 ticks , no multipliers from stances... GG

Sicarus Prime - High TTK , the burst is fine itself , but only in PvE where we have FIRERATE mods ... In PvP , the Firerate makes missing the burst insanely punishable, and thus being the reason you wouldn't pick it up. Get kraken instead.

Discuss , and, maybe, this list will have more weapons in.

Edited by pavlo555

Aside form the cheese weapons (Latron, Tonkor, Lex, Sec/ Dual Cestra, Kogake, and Gram) everthing else is either seldom seen or never used in pvp. I have yet to see a non-wraith strun, skana, fang, kohmak, angstrum, and kraken anywhere in pvp, and I play pvp well after I've hit my daily cap, because I do enjoy it.

Mk1-Strun has some slight disadvantages compared to the Wraith, but it's actually quite good.

I agree with Akmagnus, it's completely outclassed by Aklato for some reason. Both Skana and Dual Skana are bad, in my opinion.

MK1-Braton is pretty laughable compared to its variants.

Viper and Twin Vipers probably, although I haven't tested the latter and haven't used the former with Primed Slip Magazine. You can't kill  a Frost even if you hit a full Viper clip, and reloading during an encounter is always bad in PvP. Anyway, if you have the Wraith version, there's no reason to ever pick one of these, and the Wraith's performance isn't stellar either.

Sicarus is on the lower end of the spectrum, and Sicarus Prime is just sad. I can't make this weapon work for the life of me.

Aside form the cheese weapons (Latron, Tonkor, Lex, Sec/ Dual Cestra, Kogake, and Gram) everthing else is either seldom seen or never used in pvp. I have yet to see a non-wraith strun, skana, fang, kohmak, angstrum, and kraken anywhere in pvp, and I play pvp well after I've hit my daily cap, because I do enjoy it.

You forgot to mention Soma, aka "hold LMbutton for 2 mins of carnage with no reload while other players have to dance and reload".

AkMagnus - It's better to have a single version for headshots and quick kills. Reload penalty is strong and damage is laughable compared to AkLato which wields higher mag , same accuracy , better reload.\

Dual Skana (0.83 attack speed) - Copter ? Maybe, but we have Dual Raza (0.9) out there, and for those who were citizens of LotusGrad for a while, Dex Derpa(0.88) (how i call it) With higher range and damage.

Strun (Usual and Mk-1)  - Wraith version has insane reload speed thus being unfair to new players, and you can always make 4 shot tigris for quick slaying of the Tenno.

Discuss , and, maybe, this list will have more weapons in.

It's happening exactly what's happened in PVE. Forgotten weapons and High Tier weapons.

What about Fangs and Ripkas?

It's happening exactly what's happened in PVE. Forgotten weapons and High Tier weapons.

What about Fangs and Ripkas?

Fang ... adding it's prime

Ripkas are fine tho, slide attack spam is good strat with it.

MK1-Braton is pretty laughable compared to its variants.

Well ... it is about accuracy. I had really severe cases it helped on lost halls map - right away removing shield from insane distance is only available to MK1-braton

Edited by pavlo555

Like Bo & variants, both Fangs are good for coptering (Prime is obviously better). After they had their copter damage lowered, they're not useful to duel anyone anymore. But they shouldn't be judged for their damage numbers alone.

Well ... it is about accuracy. I had really severe cases it helped on lost halls map - right away removing shield from insane distance is only available to MK1-braton

True, but the DPS is almost half of what the others have. I've been playing with all three weapons, its increased accuracy just doesn't make up for its other stats.

Edited by Kontrollo

hey, i proudly used a skana for like 2 weeks, i could even kill with the finisher sometimes

hey, i proudly used a skana for like 2 weeks, i could even kill with the finisher sometimes

Ugh, that finisher. If they survive it they're on their feet faster than you can complete your animation. Then they proceed to kill you. I don't even.

Did you ever saw someone using Sicarus, Sicarus p or Kraken?

This are the most obsolent weapons. They all share high recoil, low dmg and medicore/bad firerate with a little mag. Nice to see that the pvp team does not know that firerate of burst weapons already includes the burst size ...

Edited by Feyangol

Did you ever saw someone using Sicarus, Sicarus p or Kraken?

This are the most obsolent weapons. They all share high recoil, low dmg and medicore/bad firerate with a little mag. Nice to see that the pvp team does not know that firerate of burst weapons already includes the burst size ...

That's not entirely correct. The Kraken isn't great but decent. The best I've been able to do with it is fire at ~2.4 bursts/second instead of the listed 2.8. Sicarus goes up to ~2.1 bursts/second instead of 3.5. Sicarus Prime I don't even want to know, it's that bad.

That's not entirely correct. The Kraken isn't great but decent. The best I've been able to do with it is fire at ~2.4 bursts/second instead of the listed 2.8. Sicarus goes up to ~2.1 bursts/second instead of 3.5. Sicarus Prime I don't even want to know, it's that bad.

If I had to complain about anything than it is this UI.

It's completly wrong, everything of it -.- . Nice to know that I can't even trust the weapon stats. I tested it for the Sybaris (because I destroyed Sicarus p, it was so bad) and it had a firerate of ~3,5bullets/second and a burst rate of ~1,7bullets/second - exactly like the UI says me. And Sicarus p ... I remember that it felt like ~5,0 firerate and ~1,5 burstrate, but I have not tested it.

Edited by Feyangol

I've been using boar prime lately with ripkas and it's working just fine. I swear the ripkas land headshots sometimes, or I'm just imagining things.

theres still melee headshots, i have got some of them

If I had to complain about anything than it is this UI.

It's completly wrong, everything of it -.- . Nice to know that I can't even trust the weapon stats. I tested it for the Sybaris (because I destroyed Sicarus p, it was so bad) and it had a firerate of ~3,5bullets/second and a burst rate of ~1,7bullets/second - exactly like the UI says me. And Sicarus p ... I remember that it felt like ~5,0 firerate and ~1,5 burstrate, but I have not tested it.

Yeah, it's really damn annoying. By the way, to test the Sicarus and Kraken I recorded a session in the Simulacrum @ 60 FPS (they should have the same fire rate as in PvP), then painstakingly sought the fastest burst (frame before 1st shot is removed from clip until frame before 1st shot is removed from the following burst) and calculated the actual burst fire rate from there. So my numbers should be pretty good, but they're of course no guarantee, because who knows if they changed the fire rate stats for PvP as well. I don't trust the UI at all at this point.

Edited by Kontrollo

Last time I used MK-1 Strun I was doing fine with it, before the Strun/Boar series buffs.  In fact, it really helped me chase down and frag those cappers in between copters.  It just takes a bit of finesse to use.

If there's any weapon I used that was a complete joke, it was the Kohmak.  You could shove the barrel of that thing up someone's behind and it would kill slower than the Braton.

Edited by Sonitorum