Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silent Hills Demo Has An End Date And Sony Lawsuit Dismissed

TheErebus.

CEUsZ8EW0AAUrH1.jpg

See this image?

That is the details behind the Silent Hills playable teaser, the only damn thing left of Silent Hills.

And now it has an end date.

In 220 days, that application will no longer function. You'll be forced to delete it to free up space.

Konami is officially dead to me.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-1080p-graphics-lawsuit-dismissed/1100-6427112/

One of my first news threads was on this. 

It was a lawsuit about how Killzone: Shadow Fall did not have 1080p resolution even though they market it as such, however, the devs of Killzone have said that " Shadow Fall uses a technique called temporal reprojection to achieve its resolution. The lawsuit said this is meant to provide "'subjectively similar' results" to full 1080p, but that it isn't the same."

However, the judge has dismissed the case with prejudice. Meaning that it that the case cannot be brought up again. Which in my opinion, is rightfully so. 

OKAY PIRATES. GET TO WORK. IF KONAMI'S GONNA BE A BUNCH OF (redacted),RAISE YOUR BLACK FLAGS AND SOMEHOW PRESERVE THIS WORK OF ART.

Players: HOLY CRAP THIS TEASER IS ACTUALLY REALLY SCARY! CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!

Konami: oop sowwy, da gayme is naow cancled

Players: Oh...that sucks. Well at least the teaser is still up :D!

Konami: NOOOoooOOooooOoOoOoP! 

Temproal reprojection? So it travels through time?

Brief description: 

"temporal reprojection method to combine pixels and motion vectors from multiple lower-resolution frames as a means to reconstruct a full 1080p image."

OKAY PIRATES. GET TO WORK. IF KONAMI'S GONNA BE A BUNCH OF (redacted),RAISE YOUR BLACK FLAGS AND SOMEHOW PRESERVE THIS WORK OF ART.

I'd try to preserve it (sounds like a fun project) but I was told it's PS4 only, and I don't own it..soo...

Brief description: 

"temporal reprojection method to combine pixels and motion vectors from multiple lower-resolution frames as a means to reconstruct a full 1080p image."[/size]

So it goes forward in time when consoles can render games at 1080p?

A moment of silence for those who have never had the chance to play this horror masterpiece of a demo.

Also, die in a fire, Konami. You've been on the fast track to losing my respect for years. But, Hideo Kojima's departure and the cancellation of Silent Hills coupled with the removal of P.T. has officially made you dead to me.