Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Weapon Slot

Johny5X

I've been playing the game for a long time, and i know that it has already a ton of weapons  but i think that a game that is listed as an action, third-person shooter  needs something more. Grenades .I know what u are thinning,why in the world should i need simple grenades when i have a penta or a tonkor that kills all enemies with one shoot?.But if grenades are added to the game u can have a wider selection of weapons because you wont be using the primary slot if u like grenade-type weapons.For example u can have a grenade that will make all enemies in one area get a status effect like fire,cold and others.U can also have grenades that blind enemies or make them move slower.Thus u will have a small crowd control.And IF they are added to the game there can be a mastery level cap for each of them so they won't be all availabe at the beginning.I mean,if corpus and grineer can throw grenades at u why can't u?

This has been requested a lot of times before.

Reasons DE has mentioned to not introduce grenades are the abilities and weapons which launch grenades.

A lot of frames have a 1st ability which targets either one enemy or a small AoE.

Obligatory;  0.o  The Hek did I just read?

Next time, cut back on the bold a bit there.  It's good for emphasis rather than just slathering the entire post with its thick lined goodness.

Alright, that silliness aside the whole grenade issue is one that's been tossed around a couple of times here.  There are players of course in favor of, and opposed to their addition.  Personally, I'm in the opposed camp here.  Having more options is not always better, fewer things means you need to think more about your loadout.  As it stands, we're more than capable of having a loadout that "covers the bases" of what we'd ever need in the combat scenarios we experience in missions.

Adding an extra layer of player power at this point in the game just doesn't jive with me.  We're already obscenely powerful as it stands, so why would we need an entire extra set of capabilities?  In the past DE themselves have mentioned being opposed to the implementation of grenades because they can and will "steal the thunder" of a lot of Warframe abilities.  Many 1/2 skills across frames have grenade-esque type effects, from damage to minor AoE CCs or interrupts/knockdowns etc.

Edited by Bobtm

My tonkor begs to differ.

EDIT : whoops, I already read more about that.

anyways, I dont think CC grenades should be a thing imho, I mean I use radial blind on excalibur 24/7 and that serves itself as a "psuedo" flash grenade.

Edited by TylerFreeman