Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Read This Before Posting About Drop Rates

Notso

Thank you for confirming exactly why this thread needs to be a sticky.

OP:

Thank you for giving the helpfull players a thread to point at for those that dont understand the math but want to know about it.

Topic: RE: why DE hasnt shown/or are more open with the droprate system:

Simple answer. The system as it is right now is actually fairly decent/good when you compare it to many other RNG systems. This is said both from a closed beta and as a open beta player (very good friend joined as OB player). The "problem" that many seem to "struggle" with is that as Notso mentions, people overvalue the number of runs they are doing.

Also, what are you (the player) going to be doing the moment you have everything maxed? nothing? yes. Hence, it could quite easily be debated that its in DE's interest to keep the droprates as "random" and as low as "possible"

YES, i know that the above might seem like "logic" to many people, but for some, its like magic.

Each player(person) has a different understanding of "how" rng "should" work.

Sadly, complaining comes before understanding in the dictionary of the internet.

Complex answer: that is a topic for a different thread (with built in 24/7 moderation)

Hrm....this topic seems to highly disagree with your statement about mod rarity:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/33935-suggestion-please-look-into-the-drop-rates-of-certain-mods/page-2?hl=cyrus106#entry315107

hmm, without reading all posts in that thread you linked me into the middle of... i honestly cant "know" the "point" of why you are linking me...

So please clarify with another link or explain it, because right now, i dont see it :)

Edit: Hmm, by looking at the OP of that thread

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/33935-suggestion-please-look-into-the-drop-rates-of-certain-mods/#entry311179

It would seem that because you had the experience of "xyz" drop, you claim/think that a post that talks about how statistics in general "can" work, isnt relevant to the playerbase ?

sorry, i really need you to explain to me why that is?

Edited by Naed

yes, because 400 hours without finding a certain mod is totally fun and "Nothing is wrong"

I highly doubt you've actually done 400 hours of farming for a single mod, although I don't disagree that a few unlucky people are having to do far to much of it just because of the way probability works. I made suggestions on how to improve the current system here

yes, because 400 hours without finding a certain mod is totally fun and "Nothing is wrong"

400 hours in all the same places may not work well with the "random" nature of the drop system. Playing outside of your routine may help you get the mods you're looking for. Granted, I'm not telling you to expect thunderbolt or multishots on Mercury, but follow the guidelines on which faction drop what, but play everywhere. While I get most of my mods from a half a dozen places in this game, the best ones were from random alert missions (the 2000cr ones, hint, hint...)

I hope you find what you're looking for. If not pray to the RNG God. It does no harm and it's worked for me:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44132-your-rng-god-prayers-here/#entry437305

I'm sure in those 400 hours you have stuff that I don't.

Edited by sushidubya

400 hours in all the same places may not work well with the "random" nature of the drop system. Playing outside of your routine may help you get the mods you're looking for. Granted, I'm not telling you to expect thunderbolt or multishots on Mercury, but follow the guidelines on which faction drop what, but play everywhere. While I get most of my mods from a half a dozen places in this game, the best ones were from random alert missions (the 2000cr ones, hint, hint...)

I hope you find what you're looking for. If not pray to the RNG God. It does no harm and it's worked for me:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44132-your-rng-god-prayers-here/#entry437305

I'm sure in those 400 hours you have stuff that I don't.

buddy, I've farmed in various locations, I have not just played the same mission over and over

But I appreciate your advice. I will look into that topic, many thanks

Edited by cyrus106

buddy, I've farmed in various locations, I have not just played the same mission over and over

But I appreciate your advice. I will look into that topic, many thanks

Sorry if it seems the reply was directed at you. It wasn't particularly. I've seen quite a few "150, 200, 400 hours and no multishot, etc" posts. While I may have been lucky... (not really because I've only received the good stuff in the past 30 hours out of 150 I have logged?)

There were days where I went into some 2000cr no ? alerts, just because I was bored and I was pleasantly surprised with a rare 5 core or mod.

Kiste, Xini have been dropping 1 rare mod/core a night for me and a bunch of blunderbuss, flechette, ability, vitality mods. Whereas before it was raining cores.

Edited by sushidubya

• 2 weeks later...

Apply the same logic to mods for a moment. When you are just starting out, and don't have any of the mods, things that are useful for you rain from the sky. As your collection grows larger, the chances that a mod that drops is one that you don't have becomes less and less, just like with the blueprints. Throw in the wackiness that results from looking at isolated bits of random variation (like how I have 4-5 Flow mods when my best friend has none) and you can understand why people become frustrated sometimes. It doesn't really make sense to try and farm a particular mod in this game because the individual percentages are so small. Just play the game and it will happen eventually.