Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Starchart Changes [Megathread]

Poolboy

This is hilarious. Everyone who's complaining about the upcoming starchart talks as if the details of the whole thing have already been laid out. But then when they say why they don't like it... they've all got different ideas about what it's going to be like. Some people think you won't know what mission type you're entering until you load into the tileset. Some people think it's going to be like a whole starchart full of alerts, with random missions on every node.

The new starchart has been given only the faintest of descriptions, so far. It's apparent from the discussion that even DE hasn't finished nailing it down completely. If you want to be upset at what's been announced, that's fine. But for the love of mike, stop making stuff up and then getting mad about the things you just made up.

There has been significant evidence of what DE has planned through the Devstream which in all fairness has some major cries for concern. That being said, I usually won't start complaining until it gets so bad that the game isn't playable and that I want to toss my computer out the window. Until it happens, we can speculate, but the forums are meant to cry. So, it's something.

This thread will never die and the star chart 2.0 will always be in our hearts we will remember the names of each and everyone of those nodes if DE decides to destroy them all. We will never forget.

I wonder what happens to founder names/credits in mission tooltips. 

I wonder what happens to founder names/credits in mission tooltips. 

they will become the Great Ticker of Tenno which will take hours to be completely displayed, if somebody actually waited that long :)

First, learn how to spell. Secondly no, not everyone is a farmer or the slander you just posted. Some people can play a game without feeling the need to shortcut there way to everything and then complain there's nothing left to do.

*their

i believe it is not a problem of having 'ghost town', but a problem where people find the maps without player or squad are unfavorable and without realize that mission nodes shouldn't be too popular as it is a place where you spend time and effort to play a game for reward as short as possible, except for mission like survival and defence, but they still let you out after 5 min/wave, it mean you're recommend to play in short period, but you can have a choice to continue for some reason, resources, parts, blueprints, challenges or more. If it happened to be popular, then it must serves many people for much benefits compare to another nodes. what is wrong with it? nothing wrong, because mission are made to from lower tier to higher tier, and the number of player in different rank because we start at different time, so it is nothing to avoid or wrong with it. if you're experienced MMORPG player, you will know that usually the beginner place are usually crowded for a certain time , then empty for the most of the time, unless a high tier function was put into the beginner map. Keep in mind, warframe is not open-world, 'ghost town' is normal, same like how you choose map for FPS game like 'counter-strike', or dungeon-based like: 'elsword'.  most player stay in lobby or town before and after the game, what about warframe? we have 2, your ship as lobby, and relay as your town to hang out with friends and unknown tenno. 

Why some map got nerfed when it suddenly become popular? in a short time, you will see changes in the map because the developer find it not normal or practical because it wasn't popular before and it is not made to be.

why some maps stays the same even it is popular? many player had high rank and have high-end equips, so there will be high-end maps that will be popular and filled with these high rank players, serve high-end purpose and giving more rewards, they make it to high rank of the game, they deserve it.

why many 'ghost town' and only some maps are popular/filled with squad? no one know where is the best place to farm or hunt if no one recommend it, what you will see in chats(region, clan, alliance, recruit, and trading 'sometime'), website or forums, people are asking 'best place to farm', best weapon to use', and more 'best' recommendation even they may not actually able to go or make it easily. this is the reason why certain things is popular, it is better overall, and it is recommended everywhere. why don't you use recruit, clan/alliances channel to find someone to help before you enter a node if you're not going to solo it. no clan? still go to recruit, maybe you can do LF> clan. before squad.

it doesn't mean nodes which is not popular serve nothing, it is the matter of time and choice, players are at different ranks, so they will and should do missions accordingly. however, you will find many people like shortcuts, but it is still a choice, good or not? just let it be, it is individual decision, they will find help to make decision if they couldn't, there is where you start asking for best thing and people start giving you some recommendation. It is from us tenno, no need to blame, no one to blame. 

Lastly, i don't think mission nodes = town, they are fighting grounds, relay will look more like a town, go and hang out there, not mission nodes. For me, every nodes/maps serve the same responsibility: for you to play, it is just your choice and other people's choice that make it empty or popular, but why is it matter, why you think empty node/map is bad? because Warframe doesn't have a quick play button which will allow anyone to help you in any mission and the game is like a phone without a wallpaper, and show you all its apps directly, which make you think all the apps is lousy and useless except the ones you use them frequently.

All you need is a new interface for mission nodes, not keeping it in your pocket and take out different candy for tenno everyday. we want them all and we want it any time, not every day because we had been eating it since we start playing the game.

Edited by -Serenata-Ma-Cherie-

What is so important about keeping the ghost towns?

Why argue over nonsense at all though?

The argument is about 20 nodes, heck even 50 would be a tight squeeze given different level cap nodes and every mission type.  Let's not sidetrack it too much by arguing if any pruning at all is necessary, almost everyone would agree it is and have no issue with that.

You have to try to think of a motive for going from too much to too little within a really short amount of time.  When a developer does a 180 from more is better to less is better you kinda have to question the motive. 

Why argue over nonsense at all though?

The argument is about 20 nodes, heck even 50 would be a tight squeeze given different level cap nodes and every mission type.  Let's not sidetrack it too much by arguing if any pruning at all is necessary, almost everyone would agree it is and have no issue with that.

You have to try to think of a motive for going from too much to too little within a really short amount of time.  When a developer does a 180 from more is better to less is better you kinda have to question the motive. 

And now we can build rare resources, only 100 plat for the BP (has unlimited uses like extractor BPs do)!

Baseless forum conspiracy theorizing is where I generally don't tread. Motive doesn't really matter, it could be literally anything and it's impossible to know. I'm more concerned with what's actually happening.

Okay is this baseless?

Rare Resource Blueprints are special blueprints that allow Rare Resources to be created in the Miscellaneous section of the Foundry. Each blueprint is available for 26px-Platinum64.png‍ 100, and can be bought from the Components section of the Market under Equipment. Once bought, the blueprints are permanently reusable.

Three blueprints are currently available for purchase:

Baseless forum conspiracy theorizing is where I generally don't tread. Motive doesn't really matter, it could be literally anything and it's impossible to know. I'm more concerned with what's actually happening.

Baseless? We ask for less grind so they add another layer of RNG. We ask for a way to trade our useless Prime parts for Prime parts we need through a vendor and we get Baro. We ask again for less grind and they reduce credit rewards and release several major credit sinks (primed mods, Kubrows, several 100k BPs.) Totally baseless concerns.

Baseless? We ask for less grind so they add another layer of RNG. We ask for a way to trade our useless Prime parts for Prime parts we need through a vendor and we get Baro. We ask again for less grind and they reduce credit rewards and release several major credit sinks (primed mods, Kubrows, several 100k BPs.) Totally baseless concerns.

Those are not baseless. Those are real things that actually happened. 

Speculation as to motive is baseless.

We can make up our own motives for actions when a new patch adds what they just added, I'm not posting a theory I have you can make up your own.  I have mine.

You even said yourself the timing is unfortunate, why?  does that make you think something?

You even said yourself the timing is unfortunate, why?  does that make you think something?

Yeah, bad timing. With the community all paranoid and worried about a starchart change that could potentially remove easy resource collection, now was not the time to add something like this. Even though people have been asking for something like this for a long time.

Throwing in a bunch of random stuff off the cutting board to make an update look bigger is a classic DE tactic, they just picked the wrong thing to throw in this time. If they had added this two weeks ago or two weeks from now there would be no problems.

I'm saying that's my basis for being worried about the star chart and the very recent plat for rare resource BP. And likely the basis for many other peoples concerns about what DE hinted at.

Edit: Yes I know I'm bad at getting my point across so you don't have to point that out.

Edited by Avenwing

Obvious attempt to monetize the game is obvious.

T4 keys cost a fortune to get. Follow it up by a Trader who sucks the market dry for parts. Add in horrendous drop rates for certain parts and you get people buying much more Plat to buy in game items off trade.

Cut solar map down to nothing. Remove farming options and randomize what you can choose to play. Add ridiculously overpriced Blueprints for something we can easily get now.

Next step, reduce drop rate to abysmal rates, make Blueprints only viable option with crazy grind wall. Profit.

This is going a bit far, I can see a huge portion of the player base abandoning ship if it happens.

Reducing number of duplicate nodes on planets to just 1 of each type and spreading the drop table over them was a good thing. This is breaking the very essence of the game. I'll wait and see because I kind of have to, but very disturbing trend recently where design decisions go completely against what the player base wants.

T4 keys cost a fortune to get. Follow it up by a Trader who sucks the market dry for parts. Add in horrendous drop rates for certain parts and you get people buying much more Plat to buy in game items off trade.

Cut solar map down to nothing. Remove farming options and randomize what you can choose to play. Add ridiculously overpriced Blueprints for something we can easily get now.

Next step, reduce drop rate to abysmal rates, make Blueprints only viable option with crazy grind wall. Profit.

This is going a bit far, I can see a huge portion of the player base abandoning ship if it happens.

Reducing number of duplicate nodes on planets to just 1 of each type and spreading the drop table over them was a good thing. This is breaking the very essence of the game. I'll wait and see because I kind of have to, but very disturbing trend recently where design decisions go completely against what the player base wants.

Pretty much this, I didn't give them my money in closed Beta for them to turn it into every other "F2P" game in existance where raping their players is the norm. I hope I'm wrong and they are just going full retard right now.

I'm saying that's my basis for being worried about the star chart and the very recent plat for rare resource BP. And likely the basis for many other peoples concerns about what DE hinted at.

Unless they added some extra zeros by accident, the resource costs on those things don't make sense for the scenario outlined above.

If the scenario outlined above was true, they'd want the resource costs to be lower. That way lower leveled players would consider buying them. After all, since the plat is spent up front it doesn't really matter afterwards. Star map and drop chance changes are global, and affect everyone equally. If this was them trying to monetize that it would be targeted towards everyone as well, but it's clearly targeted to veteran players.

Bad timing is bad. Sucks for them.

I don't see this solution working for the best , although i do agree that there's too many nodes , a better solution would have been as other said  , having one type of each mission on every planet.

I'll give them +1 for trying new stuff , rng is a necessary evil but too much is just plain bad , and i will keep them accountable to their said "reputation of fixing things if we screw up" i just hope the impact of upcoming change will leave the game with enough players present to remind them and give them reasons to keep that reputation.

A game should be about having options for it gives it flavor to be truly great as many other things.

Unless they added some extra zeros by accident, the resource costs on those things don't make sense for the scenario outlined above.

If the scenario outlined above was true, they'd want the resource costs to be lower. That way lower leveled players would consider buying them. After all, since the plat is spent up front it doesn't really matter afterwards. Star map and drop chance changes are global, and affect everyone equally. If this was them trying to monetize that it would be targeted towards everyone as well, but it's clearly targeted to veteran players.

Bad timing is bad. Sucks for them.

Maybe not.

If and I stress the if, the proposed new star chart effectively makes the acquisition of Rare resources all but impossible (at least in demand), then blue prints become the new Method of farming even remotely effectively, albeit a method locked behind a pay wall. The amount of resource needed to craft have to be high because firstly they are replacing a very low drop chance, so the time sink needs to reflect this and secondly they still need to make buying them in the market at 10p a pop attractive.

Dude. Paranoid much?