Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep The Ninja Theme...

Renkai141

Do you mean stereotyped?

what else do you think of when you say ninja? This game isn't going g to be 100 percent accurate why complain?if you like ninjas then play as a ninja if I wanna play as a Gunslinger or a tank or an fire breathing dragon I should be allowed too. Not everyone likes cliche Japanese themes you know.

Oh look is this guy again, Better just ignore the post if u're going to post a useless comment. Have some respect.

Better just ignore the topic if you're going to make the same exact useless thread that has been made several hundred times over and refuted in exactly the same way each time. If you aren't going to add anything new to a dead-horse topic, then show us all a little respect and don't bother making/plagiarizing it. 

Edited by Acos

There has never ever been a strong ninja/stealth theme. 

And we don't really need one, either. We're just as much knights and assassins and paladins and centurions and druids and gentlemen assassins as we are ninja. Tenno are assembled from a variety of historical warrior archetypes, there's no point in limiting ourselves to one.

i agree, that Warframe is not primarily focused on this.

that doesn't mean that it can't be twisted in to what we have, however.

we have other influences in Warframe, and we also have a bit of 'ninja'. more of everything isn't bad. makes a game that supports a wider customer base.

but as always, yes - the 'Ninjas play Free' and 'Space Ninja' stuff is Community coined, not the original direction of Warframe.

Digital Extremes likes it because it's good marketing, but Warframe does infact not have a huge amount of that in the actual game.

but by all means, more, sure.

Edit: 

I'm just going to point out that Ninjas were rather fond of explosives and the arquebus (A predecessor to the musket) when black powder started to become popular in Japan which are both rather loud.

absolutely. Guerrilla Warfare, setting traps, sneaking around - but still being a force to be reckoned with. sneaking around doesn't mean you can't be effective as well, having Firearms that deal with your targets, and while there is still chaos, more sneaking around.

Edited by taiiat

Not Ninjas. It does not matter how much you bend the damn lore, sending people into the void to get mutated does not equal Ninja.

At best we are damn mutants with superpowers and containment suits so we don't leak all over the place.

Just because DE "themed" a couple of Frames like Ash, does not turn Tenno into anything other than a Tenno. The whole Ninja thing is a selling gimmick, because "Farmyard Animals play Free" was not as catchy.

Even the first Warframe Excalibur is not even ninja.
For example Radial Blind is explicitly a shout out to the Arthurian legend where when the Excalibur is drawn, it will shine like a brilliant light and hence dazzling everything around it.

In old Engrish, "thenne he drewe his swerd Excalibur, but it was so breyght in his enemyes eyen that it gaf light lyke thirty torchys."

In fact Excal re-work will turn him even closer to the more modern take on the legend, since he will be practically be shooting energy beams out when using his 4.

Edited by fatpig84

This game has never been about ninjas

Its about mass murders in gimp suits having a killing spree while also having a good time at it

They even changed most of the old ads

cqgLGPC.png?1?5317

Actually I see the ninja adds all over the place I have never seen this one at all.

Edited by Archangelzz