Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep The Ninja Theme...

Renkai141

So if Most WF's are keeping up to it's major core of being a Ninja game. We expect stealth/soundless/speed and best of all is being un noticed.

For upcoming warframes and everything else that's been getting a redo.
I'd like to advice this, GIVE US PASSIVES AND THAT EVERY FRAME SHOULD HAVE A SKILL RELATED TO NINJAS.

I cannot stress it enough, maybe just not the passive ideas but the abilities is what I worry about the most here.
Right now I feel that the lotus just recruits anyone with a warframe, few examples of what happened...

Rhino, ninja... he makes noise.

Frost, are you fast? no... can he slide over his ice wave? no... what do you do? He freezes things.(same goes for other elemental frames)

Loki, Mirage, Ash have been the most out of ninjas we got. But, if the whole game focuses around that then we can at least have every single frame support it... I understand that DE is giving us a choice by choosing your playstyle with the frame u picked(as well as weapons). But, if you're going to notch up on certain frames and take a hard look @ them, then please have us intertwine ourselves with the NINJA part of the game. Hydroid is a pirate ninja(or water mage).

Agree? or not, discuss how do you feel about it and what do you think the main attention SHOULD be when re visiting frames.

This game has never been about ninjas

Its about mass murders in gimp suits having a killing spree while also having a good time at it

They even changed most of the old ads

cqgLGPC.png?1?5317

^This.

Also if we stuck to primarily "Ninja" themed frames there would be so much repetiveness in weapons, frames, etc

This game has never been about ninjas

Its about mass murders in gimp suits having a killing spree while having a good time at it

They even changed the old ad most of the ads

cqgLGPC.png?1?5317

the game is still very much about ninjas. They have even stated multiple times that they want to go back to the ninja feel with gameplay. That's why they are redoing parkour in such a way. Just because warframes don't look like ninjas doesn't mean they aren't ones. The Tenno code and the way they act and fight are what makes them ninjas.

Also https://moat.com/search/results?q=warframe

Edited by Senketsu_

Why?

Seriously, why? Why does everything have to be ninja-related? It's limiting and it gets really old.

We are never ever going to be ninjas in anything other than movement and stealth. The theme goes out the window with space magic, lasers, giant killer dogs and space jetpacks.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

^This.

Also if we stuck to primarily "Ninja" themed frames there would be so much repetiveness in weapons, frames, etc

We wouldn't have repetitiveness in weapons (since ninjas use anything to get a job done) but there would definitely be repetitiveness in Warframes, there would basically only be Ash, Loki, and Banshee. :P

Edited by Rakshal

the game is still very much about ninjas. They have even stated multiple times that they want to go back to the ninja feel with gameplay. That's why they are redoing parkour in such a way. Just because warframes don't look like ninjas doesn't mean they aren't ones. The Tenno code and the way they act and fight are what makes them ninjas.

Never said it was how they looked, I said its because of how they feel and act, I dont imagine ninja's killing an entire space shuttle crew or taking on an entire army by themselves to gather up some stuff, right now, I dont see them as ninjas, more like demi-gods atm. I hope de does a good jobbring back the ninja feel, but right now, I'm not seeing it

Well, I'm not saying specifically to have too much hype on it.
We have different weapons for different styles.

We just need those styles, to be checked once more to fit the advertisement.

A ninja can be bloody, he can be noisy. Tennos do not speak, neither do ninjas. We don't truly know our characters we just know their WF's.

This is the future, which I understand that things HAVE to change.

The way I see them now is Wizard pirates. They want loot and have power full magic who fight for a greater cause. We have alot of fan-base, meaning we take a lot of comissions to the game. We got giant swords, gun-swords, huge axes and much more. But, in it's core is what I believe that needs to change. We have Spy 2.0 and more game modes will be like this, we have vents and features to make us more slick and we also have stealth kills. As of now we have CHOICE What i ask for is match to the core of the name that was given. Warframe is in that sense where is loosing it's style, and I believe once they retouch on Excalibur and make him X 2.0, we are going to see more frames have this done to them.

Excalibur has Blind, and radial javelin for stealth. If he's not seen then there won't be anything to report. Making him an unseen ninja- 10/10.
But we got other dudes Like Chroma, and Ember which tend not just only to focus purely on damage but have no real utility to make their frames relevant to stealth.

There has never ever been a strong ninja/stealth theme. 

And we don't really need one, either. We're just as much knights and assassins and paladins and centurions and druids and gentlemen assassins as we are ninja. Tenno are assembled from a variety of historical warrior archetypes, there's no point in limiting ourselves to one.

Oh look, it's this argument again. Guess it has been a couple of days, better start a new thread~ 

Oh look is this guy again, Better just ignore the post if u're going to post a useless comment. Have some respect.

There has never ever been a strong ninja/stealth theme. 

And we don't really need one, either. We're just as much knights and assassins and paladins and centurions and druids and gentlemen assassins as we are ninja. Tenno are assembled from a variety of historical warrior archetypes, there's no point in limiting ourselves to one.

There hasn't, but there are many hints and many things we are to discuss.

Yet, it is something that DE still aims for, and if we loose that aim we mind as well become something worst.

Ever read ninja mangas or played ninja games? The original ninjas sure where shadow soldiers that only attacked to kill but the myth was a different one.

Magic or flashy technology like even bombs also got associated with them.

Slow: the speed might be less of a problem then the stamina itself but that is a problem on its own. The sprint should not be affected by the stamina bar.

Ever read ninja mangas or played ninja games? The original ninjas sure where shadow soldiers that only attacked to kill but the myth was a different one.

Magic or flashy technology like even bombs also got associated with them.

Slow: the speed might be less of a problem then the stamina itself but that is a problem on its own. The sprint should not be affected by the stamina bar.

The simplify it I don't really MIND it too much.

I just wish the message was given in a more concrete style. If our mission was to exterminate, we kill everything.

If our mission was to sabotage, we rush through no matter who saw and destroy the reactor.

In the end of the day we still meet our objective. However the choice of stealth must be something we can still consider. 

As of Ninjas, who really knows what they did- the popular theme was silent/swords and a mask. We have ninjas of all different games like ninja gaiden who are extremely Bloody. But, we look like a mercenary than anything else...

Edited by Renkai141

There hasn't, but there are many hints and many things we are to discuss.

Yet, it is something that DE still aims for, and if we loose that aim we mind as well become something worst.

Hints? Such as? And given the fact that even of the original set of frames only one or two draw cues from ninja, that should tell you that's not all we're aiming for.

The bottom line is that this is not a ninja game. 

Hints? Such as? And given the fact that even of the original set of frames only one or two draw cues from ninja, that should tell you that's not all we're aiming for.

The bottom line is that this is not a ninja game. 

That's why we're not getting Parkour 2.0

or why melee we don't have directional melee... or why we don have spy 2.0, or even stealth kills... or silent weapons or a test for every time you rank up... or... X insert here...

Yea, you're right not a ninja game... 

The simplify it I don't really MIND it too much.

I just wish the message was given in a more concrete style. If our mission was to exterminate, we kill everything.

If our mission was to sabotage, we rush through no matter who saw and destroy the reactor.

In the end of the day we still meet our objective. However the choice of stealth must be something we can still consider.

As of Ninjas, who really knows what they did- the popular theme was silent/swords and a mask. We have ninjas of all different games like ninja gaiden who are extremely Bloody. But, we look like a mercenary than anything else...

Thats why i refered to mangas as well...read several ones where ninjas had a similar style. Where 2m tall monks where equally ninjas as spear wielding warriors, miasama spreading assasins, immortal sourcers, ingeneers or typical ones. The main idea is basicly to infiltrate the base unseen...evrything what comes after that this can be executed any way that seems adequate. And thats what basicly happens on the loading screen.

Seriously, the only thing that rly bothers me is the fact that probably 90% of the player base can sprint longer distances then these astmathic tenno do.

You could expect slightly more from trained soldiers in @(*()$ exo-suits.

That's why we're not getting Parkour 2.0

or why melee we don't have directional melee... or why we don have spy 2.0, or even stealth kills... or silent weapons or a test for every time you rank up... or... X insert here...

Yea, you're right not a ninja game... 

Ninja didn't do parkour. Parkour was invented literally centuries later.

And I'm not sure how even the smallest stealth aspects instantly make a game ninja. One could argue Skyrim is a ninja game based on that.

Ninja didn't do parkour. Parkour was invented literally centuries later.

And I'm not sure how even the smallest stealth aspects instantly make a game ninja. One could argue Skyrim is a ninja game based on that.

But that's not their original intent is it? THey are adventurers!

However you still have the choice.

Much like Metal Gear solid, you're an agent. Yet you need to keep silent and stealth ur way into things, does not make it a ninja game but it doesn't self advertise itself into one.

Warframe does, that's the difference. Still don't uderstand it?

Much like Metal Gear solid, you're an agent. Yet you need to keep silent and stealth ur way into things, does not make it a ninja game but it doesn't self advertise itself into one.

Warframe does, that's the difference. Still don't uderstand it?

This doesn't even make sense.

Ninjas suck warframes with bad ! powers and awesome guns like opticor and bad ! Gunslinger guns like akvasto is way better than some throwing stars lol. Ninjas are cliche.

Do you mean stereotyped?