Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Star Chart: You Messed It Up, De>

(PSN)Snowbluff

So, what's this nonsense I'm hearing about removing all of my nodes.

What do I do with nodes? Well, I was planning on unlocking all of the nightmare missions with a friend to help him pick up constitution. Yesterday, I was running the various survival modes to help fill in our missing elemental mods. When I'm playing to have fun, I tend to gravitate towards survival.

Now, when I do a mission that isn't survival, it's because I need something. XP. Resources. Credits. Weapon Mods.

So most of the nodes are abandoned for the same reason why I don't play archwing. I'm not incentivized to do anything about it. If the rewards were awesome for these missions, I would be doing them all the time.

And I don't mean Spy mission "awesome." I still have like 15 recoil reduction mods that dropped in packs of three instead of elemental/status mods. I will probably never forgive you for that.

IN short, whether you butcher the star chart or not, you're going to have to bump up all of these rewards.

Please stop passing judgement before the update...

As far as the update goes, I think I understand what they are trying to do, and it is exactly the right way of doing things, even though their description was fairly light, and not that detailed. Initially, I expect there to be a few issues, with it possibly getting increased to 30 nodes or so, but overall, this will significantly increase the longevity of the game and will do wonders for the casual community.

As for a console player, you should probably wait until PC have had it, hated it, and forced DE to patch it into something which actually works, as I strongly doubt the next console update will ship before all hell has broken loose.

Let's say they messed up After you actually tried it yeah?

Please stop passing judgement before the update...

As far as the update goes, I think I understand what they are trying to do, and it is exactly the right way of doing things, even though their description was fairly light, and not that detailed. Initially, I expect there to be a few issues, with it possibly getting increased to 30 nodes or so, but overall, this will significantly increase the longevity of the game and will do wonders for the casual community.

As for a console player, you should probably wait until PC have had it, hated it, and forced DE to patch it into something which actually works, as I strongly doubt the next console update will ship before all hell has broken loose.

Nothing updated and already messing up?

You should wait before judging something.

You used a past tense term for a future event. You've accidentally revealed yourself as a time lord. No use denying it.

Wait with the complaining a bit before they make this changes. Who knows it may/could be good if not then always have a chance to redo it.

You should  judge after things happen

What OP is doing is preventing. Duh

The only problem I have with the 20-node compacting is that there are things like invasions, infestations, nightmare missions, etc. that work off of the star chart how it is now, and they haven't revealed how they are adapting them to the new star chart.

i like the idea giving the players sort of an endgame. But i dislike the fact that they take us the choice what to do. Especially because every Warframe is good for a certain mission type (at least most of them) so if you dont know what you will play.. How can you prepare yourself properly with certain frames for high end missions?

What OP is doing is preventing. Duh

Mhm.

Plus, ditching this idea and just fixing the rewards would save them a lot of time. :P

i like the idea giving the players sort of an endgame. But i dislike the fact that they take us the choice what to do. Especially because every Warframe is good for a certain mission type (at least most of them) so if you dont know what you will play.. How can you prepare yourself properly with certain frames for high end missions?

I was under the impression that we would at least know what kind of mission it is first, right? Because entirely random missions sounds like 2 levels of crap.

Let's say they messed up After you actually tried it yeah?

Wise words.

And with that I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

We really can't pass judgement in regards to how it will work when we don't know the details. DE may decide to change it before it rolls out. We don't know.