Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma

Instinction

I for one am absolutely loving Chroma.

For one he's a sexy beast, and two, his kit is lovely.

But there a few moderate/minor tweaks I think that can be done to improve him and really make him great.
I've written them in what I believe the order of importance is.

-Green energy/poison changes in Elemental Ward. This is unfortunately the least useful feeling of all Chroma's elements, mainly speaking towards his Elemental Ward ability in this state.

All of the other elements have very great and useful buffs, but stamina cost reduction/max stamina buff feels extremely sub-par compared to (all the other elements) things like armor/damage buff, hp buff/aoe dot, shield buff/damage buff.

My suggestion is to keep the max stamina buff, but remove the stamina reduction and replace it with a melee damage buff/adds poison damage to melee weapon(similar to Saryn's ability). It generally seems like a power meant to increase stamina would be for melee so give it something more effective that just reduced stamina cost. I think a melee damage buff would suit the element type whilst also keeping the power balanced.

-Slight damage buff to Spectral Scream. It really feels quite weak, and though the speed trade off for knockdown immunity is nice, it feels gimped when you can't move quickly with a power that doesn't do much.

-Spectral Scream and Effigy. Make both their power consumption positively affected by increased duration mods and vice versa.

or concerning specifically Effigy, reduce power consumption to 4 per second to increase manageability or power pool (since not being able to get energy from pods is actually a huge gimp while ability is active).

Thanks for your consideration.

I like what you're saying with the Toxin Elemental Ward buff, it really doesn't stack up to the other elements.

But I feel that Effigy is pretty balanced as is in terms of power consumption. You can still pick up energy orbs while the power is active, so if you keep the kills flowing, it works out pretty well.

I like what you're saying with the Toxin Elemental Ward buff, it really doesn't stack up to the other elements.

But I feel that Effigy is pretty balanced as is in terms of power consumption. You can still pick up energy orbs while the power is active, so if you keep the kills flowing, it works out pretty well.

idk, i guess i have bad luck with energy orb drops.

I loved my Chroma with green energy as it looked badass...

I was very disappointed when my friend pointed out that having it green/toxin, only gave stamina buff/debuff ... I think it's just stupid - I mean, maybe it's to balance out Chroma a bit, but in all honesty toxin should affect HP (or even something else) rather than stamina

Also Rage is amazing since Vex Armor and being squishier with Effigy active....

Just stand around absorbing damage to keep Effigy up permanently.

(Max Efficiency Fire Build gives short burst heals and with Rage + Effigy.... Plenty of power....kills Vex Armor though)

Chroma just feels like a space marine to me.  I don't personally see any use for his 1 or 4, but when 2 and 3 are active he's a brutal beast of a tank who can soak up massive amounts of damage while slaughtering everything with his weapons.

For this purpose, fire seems to be his best element for the free heals and extra tankiness, but frost can be useful too when you figure the freeze proc on enemies who shoot you.  Don't see much point for electricity or poison, though.

Chroma is like a male mirage, who keeps two powers up for resilience and weapon damage and has two fairly useless powers.

Chroma just feels like a space marine to me.  I don't personally see any use for his 1 or 4, but when 2 and 3 are active he's a brutal beast of a tank who can soak up massive amounts of damage while slaughtering everything with his weapons.

For this purpose, fire seems to be his best element for the free heals and extra tankiness, but frost can be useful too when you figure the freeze proc on enemies who shoot you.  Don't see much point for electricity or poison, though.

Chroma is like a male mirage, who keeps two powers up for resilience and weapon damage and has two fairly useless powers.

1 is just for fun when you have excess energy. 4 works for defense and 1 is just waiting for a buff at the moment.

1 is just for fun when you have excess energy. 4 works for defense and 1 is just waiting for a buff at the moment.

Basically what he says, I solo Neptune's Yursa Dark Sector Defense with full Power Efficiency Chroma build for the double credit bonus we got from the redeem code, and you just need to stand on top of the cargo, while looking at your Effigy turning everything into credits. Effigy is really good for defense.

I don't use chroma I levelled him but I don't like him however I will defiantly admit the first ability needs to be adjusted its damage is very low while causin you as a character to be at a disadvantage of becoming so slow and not 100 percent proc chance

It should be s much larger range like s cone and 100 percent proc chance

Extend Spectral Scream's base range to 15m, double its hits per second and status effect checks per second (adjust damage down to compensate, leave status chance), make it work as a cone affecting all enemies caught in it more-or-less simultaneously, give it a short time to propagate like Banshee's Sonic Boom, and allow it to benefit from Vex Armor. That's it. Done. It becomes a solid, energy efficient 1 with good status chance sanz powered up Vex Armor, becomes quite potent with Vex Armor, and becomes useful for charging Vex Armor thanks to the combination of increasing damage output and immunity to knockdown and stagger.

Effigy is pretty awesome on its own, and I'd be shocked if its augment didn't give the ability to mimic your Elemental Ward, but with the same 20m range that Effigy's breath weapon has. Hell, Effigy's damn near as good as always having a second warframe on hand, you just need to tell it where you want it. On the plus side, no fussing with waypoint markers.

Toxin is... well, I've read, but not tested, that the DoT from Elemental Ward is finsiher damage and around 5% of enemy HP per second, though that's probably wrong and, well, not terribly useful given Chroma's damage output. Now, if it stacked that bleed on target for every second they stood next to you it'd probably be about right. Near infinite blocking, and having the ability to sprint and roll on command is pretty handy, especially if you're using melee weapons with high stamina consumption. If you're not in melee mode much, then the benefits are basically non-existent, though there are other elements to work with, and no real need for each element to be beneficial in the same circumstances. :/