The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Hate Against The Lotus.

angias

All your argument are good excepted for number 2 and 6.

2:  You go in extermination mission on your own descision.

6:  In the other case that would force your teammate to extract.

Number 4 too wich is ''In theory'' you have no idea what they are doing to the hostage.In fact you don't know how much time he has left to live..So hurry up.

you make a good point on my second problem.the problem about that is there isn't any mission I can choose that lets me wander around a planet without killing anything.

as for number 6 I was referring to solo defenses when it is just you. also I think defense now lets you extract without your teammates now.

and finally for number 6 I was talking about how if im rushed id have more chances of botching it up. like for example the wardens seeing me and executing the person im trying to rescue :P

I dislike the lotus because she pays me in Lotus Credits, and then uses the actual credits I've turned in to her to go and buy liquor and get drunk.

Also she was drinking on the job alot.

Like I once got SIX CREDIT CACHES in a T3 Survival.

...on the other hand she's not so bad now that consigning Kubrows to her is a thing. I suspect the Kubrows drank all her arak. :p

Already thought about this a bunch.

Consider.  When we come out of cryosleep, we have no memories. By comparison, Lotus is ancient and continuous. She, or whatever it is, has been around since the time of the Orokin.  She is intimately familiar with the history of the warframes and the Tenno. She could explain everything about what we are and where we come from....    But she doesn't. There is something she doesn't want us to know. Whether it's because being a people without a past makes us easier to direct toward her enigmatic purpose, or because she believes it kinder for us to remain ignorant is irrelevant.   DE has assured us that Lotus is not evil, but good and evil are perspectives rather than absolutes.

Somebody said that maybe Lotus her/it self doesn't really know anything more than we do. In which case, why are we following orders from somebody who doesn't have any strategy except to shoot at the people shooting at us?  If Lotus is flying blind, we need to know. We DESERVE to know. So do the millions upon millions of people that we shoot, hack, and burn to ash in her name.

I don't hate the Lotus. I just think should either give us all the information she has or confess ignorance. And until that happens, we shouldn't trust her implicitly.

We don't know where Lotus is, what it is, its history, its ultimate goals, or how it defines its morality.  I will serve because Lotus seems to be the least antagonistic entity in the galaxy toward my kind, but it is impossible to trust when the flow of information between us is entirely one-directional.

Personally, I just don't like the voice acting/writing of the Lotus.

It's not so bad with the regular, every missions lines. However, the quests and other special events range from ignoreable to downright awful. Listening to her try and mini Shatner her way through the Mirage quest was cringe-worthy.

Personally, I just don't like the voice acting/writing of the Lotus.

It's not so bad with the regular, every missions lines. However, the quests and other special events range from ignoreable to downright awful. Listening to her try and mini Shatner her way through the Mirage quest was cringe-worthy.

She wasn't THAT bad. If anyone was cringe worthy it was Maroo.... God I hope we never see her again. If we do I'll be playing on mute until she's gone.

I dislike the Lotus because she is an empty character. We're told she's in charge, but not why. We're told she's important, but not why. She is a character with whom we are constantly involved, but who has no development and who we learn nothing about. She's always there, but doesn't do anything.