Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Hate Against The Lotus.

angias

-Some might hate her because they think it's "edgy" and "cool" to "hate" things without giving it much thought.

Yeah probably this,they think they're cool for hating something that they don't even know and just looking for attention

Mainly because she always has one resolve: anything that is grineer and corpus should die because of this so called "balance". I'm sure there would be another way, at least once with the grineer and corpus, to keep that "balance" without shooting them in the face.

And, like the other posts, she hides information. Why am I doing this mission?

Why does the lotus expect us to trust her, when we don't even know who we are ourself.

But besides all that, I don't hate her, I just don't trust her, and I wish we could follow a different leader or narrator.

Ours is not to make reply

Ours is not to reason why

Ours is but to do or die

Exactly the reason why I just don't trust the lotus, she never tells us why, when she supposedly cares for us.

Also, don't you want the tenno to be something more than just a killing machine, as in this comment you're implying that that is the only thing they can do.

Because I date the Lotus and they don't.

You too!?!

This can't be.

it's not that bad.. in fact.

If there is more than us who's dating her.

Maybe she will call all her pretendant and make an awesome orgy.

We will invite saryn and valkyr and ember.

Don't tell about any of this to the others.

I know she might be annoying in many case.

But to the point of hating her.. i don't get it.

I saw someone say that he would rather join the grinner or the corpus than continuing to follow the lotus.

Seriously what did she has done to deserve this.

Adulescence, rebellion against everything because reasons. They don't like to be told what to do..

I know she might be annoying in many case.

But to the point of hating her.. i don't get it.

I saw someone say that he would rather join the grinner or the corpus than continuing to follow the lotus.

Seriously what did she has done to deserve this.

youve not been here since the begining and theres lines of hers you cant hear anymore that are infuriating and since theres no retconning them they never disapear aswell as her voice being incredibly annoying

to give you an idea how much i hate the lotus i let my kubrows die of dna instability since i would rather know iits in my belly as a kubrow steak than trust the lotus with them

Whatever peoples tells me i simply can't dislike any of her action

That is not the point.

It is a point for me, the tittle is ''Why so much hate against the Lotus''. And that's why in my point of view.

I think people hate her because they think it makes them cool and rebellious. Some might also have stockholm syndrome from the Harvester.

This is the mentality behind the ill-conceived of my OC character - before I started fleshing him out a little more - so there's likely a bit of truth to this.

But moreover I think it IS a matter of people finding her annoying - which can't be helped, DE's not going to spend the time to record 100 unique voice lines for every little detail when 5 cover everything perfectly. It's generally just fruitless and pointless.

But from this annoyance comes resentment - familiarity and all - so when anyone suggests the possibility of "hey, could someone replace the Lotus?" the people who are just tired of hearing her speak will say "YES! YES!". It's basically why people hate Navi - annoying voice aside.

This is the mentality behind the ill-conceived of my OC character - before I started fleshing him out a little more - so there's likely a bit of truth to this.

But moreover I think it IS a matter of people finding her annoying - which can't be helped, DE's not going to spend the time to record 100 unique voice lines for every little detail when 5 cover everything perfectly. It's generally just fruitless and pointless.

But from this annoyance comes resentment - familiarity and all - so when anyone suggests the possibility of "hey, could someone replace the Lotus?" the people who are just tired of hearing her speak will say "YES! YES!". It's basically why people hate Navi - annoying voice aside.

I can definitely see an annoyance factor for some. Can't help but feel some people are just bandwagoning onto the "Anti-Lotus" thing to be honest. I've never really had any issue with annoying characters myself except for Corrupt Vor, Alad V, and Nef Anyo. I feel like they are way more annoying than Lotus could ever be.

Edited by EmptyDevil

If someone has an idea, there WILL be people against it. If someone found out how to get rid of hunger that plages the poor without negative consequences, there will be people against it. If someone finds how to makes us live for twice as long or how to cure every disease, there will be people against it.

Humanity.

Heres my quick reasons.

#1 she keeps on telling me about fire ect after I have stepped in it.

#2 she won't let me wonder off on my own to paint pictures of wild kubrows and instead sends me on kill missions.

#3 she keeps on saying stuff like "we did it" even when its just me.

#4 she keeps on rushing me in hostage rescues even when im being stealthy. it makes no sense to hurry when nobody knows im here.

#5 terrible tactics. like for example the relays. why not  ad a cloaking field that all lisets have to the relays and avoid the problem all together?

#6 lies. in every defense mission. "hold the line teno reinforcements are on the way!" riiiight...

and that's my reasons.

Heres my quick reasons.

#1 she keeps on telling me about fire ect after I have stepped in it.

#2 she won't let me wonder off on my own to paint pictures of wild kubrows and instead sends me on kill missions.

#3 she keeps on saying stuff like "we did it" even when its just me.

#4 she keeps on rushing me in hostage rescues even when im being stealthy. it makes no sense to hurry when nobody knows im here.

#5 terrible tactics. like for example the relays. why not  ad a cloaking field that all lisets have to the relays and avoid the problem all together?

#6 lies. in every defense mission. "hold the line teno reinforcements are on the way!" riiiight...

and that's my reasons.

All your argument are good excepted for number 2 and 6.

2:  You go in extermination mission on your own descision.

6:  In the other case that would force your teammate to extract.

Number 4 too wich is ''In theory'' you have no idea what they are doing to the hostage.In fact you don't know how much time he has left to live..So hurry up.

Edited by angias