Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Stop Showing Rewards.

Zardica

You get the victor's weapon no matter your allegiance.

Better than the old gradevius dilemma: get only the victor's weapon bp when you lose

This is the exact same as Gradivus, this is the very same situation with the Vandal/Wraith. Edited by RahuStalker

[No, because then there] would be no incentive to pick a side.

Are you friggin' kidding me?

The end reward shouldn't be the incentive. But, instead, it should be who you like better OR who you feel would be the lesser of two evils. Y'know, like video games do from time to time? With the ends guiding the means for MANY people, it's like the whole event is one-sided. Quite honestly, that's bad game design and I support OP's suggestion 150% to have it be a surprise from now on.

Edited by OutrightMakoto

Are you friggin' kidding me?

The end reward shouldn't be the incentive. But, instead, it should be who you like better OR who you feel would be the lesser of two evils. Y'know, like video games do from time to time? With the ends guiding the means for MANY people, it's like the whole event is one-sided. Quite honestly, that's bad game design and I support OP's suggestion 150% to have it be a surprise from now on.

If the rewards weren't shown, there'd be a ton of threads demanding to know what the rewards are. As it is, the Tenno are being treated like mercenaries, which is what we're MEANT to feel like for these events. Some people can choose to fight for what they feel is right, sure, but some can also choose to fight for money and treasure. Nothing is wrong with EITHER of those. All I'm seeing on the forums ever since the event started is a few very vocal people that wanted the Dera, complaining because their side is going to lose.

I'm sorry that your side offered a terrible reward compared to ours, and I'm sorry that you've taken offense to the majority making a choice based on what they want, but no amount of whining is going to make people change their mind. If anything, it's going to make us fight even harder, so we can rack up the score on that glorified fusion core cosplayer, and embarrass anyone silly enough to support him for "morals" or the lame Dera.

If the rewards weren't shown, there'd be a ton of threads demanding to know what the rewards are. As it is, the Tenno are being treated like mercenaries, which is what we're MEANT to feel like for these events. Some people can choose to fight for what they feel is right, sure, but some can also choose to fight for money and treasure. Nothing is wrong with EITHER of those. All I'm seeing on the forums ever since the event started is a few very vocal people that wanted the Dera, complaining because their side is going to lose.

I'm sorry that your side offered a terrible reward compared to ours, and I'm sorry that you've taken offense to the majority making a choice based on what they want, but no amount of whining is going to make people change their mind. If anything, it's going to make us fight even harder, so we can rack up the score on that glorified fusion core cosplayer, and embarrass anyone silly enough to support him for "morals" or the lame Dera.

1) We aren't mercenaries. Mercenaries are soldiers for hire that take the bigger of two rewards. Tenno, as advertised way-back-when and has not changed since AFAIK, are warriors who are designed to preserve balance. So your claim on that is a fallacy unless you can source to official statements that contradict my argument. 

2) My side is with Salad. I can't stand Nef Anyo and feel he's a greedy [enter efficient expletive here]. That's why I chose to side with Alad V.

3) This isn't whining. When given a choice like this, you should have an equal chance of either side winning. Fifty-fifty. But here we are with an obvious winner already on day two...unless something happens and my side is overwhelmed.

4) We don't want to change the minds of those who partake in the event. I assure you that isn't the point of this thread. It is, instead, a request to DE to make valid changes to a sad state of affairs and to change how rewards are presented for future events. When a winner is clear as day before the beginning is really under way, that's not great. Or cool. It's demotivating. "We already know who'll win, so why the f*** should I bother?"

EDIT: Point #1 proven partially incorrect, so disregard.

Edited by OutrightMakoto

Personally I chose Alad because I dont like religious dudes. No offence.

Also, Ist it interesting to see what will he do after we help him "cleanse" himself .  Will he repeat his mistakes and attempt to go against Tenno again? Or will he join us and give everyone a rideable moa lol?  Or maybe he fails and kills himself during "cleanse" process but we get Antimutalist formula?

But current system is kinda weird imo. Why giving Karak to those who supported Anyo (They clearly wanted Dera and worked for it)?  Why not give them Dera bp instead?

1) We aren't mercenaries. Mercenaries are soldiers for hire that take the bigger of two rewards. Tenno, as advertised way-back-when and has not changed since AFAIK, are warriors who are designed to preserve balance. So your claim on that is a fallacy unless you can source to official statements that contradict my argument. 

Each Tenno is, what the Tenno acts like. The old war tenno had honor, but that doesn't have to say the know-tenno have it, too. "The Tenno are emerging into a world unfamiliar to them. One sees a noble warrior, building his strength against an oppressive regime. Another sees an opportunistic mercenary, exploiting the Warframe's superiority for wealth." Took from the official website (game / factions / tenno).

I can understand why showing the rewards sucks, but. If they didn't people could feel the reward would be the same either way. OR once released they'd be upset that they missed out on the reward they wanted because they didn't know and picked the wrong side.

I'd rather have a "Pick from either" option. Then people can pick the side they want and get the reward they want.

i just wondered why DE doesn't make this event weapon into "weapon of choice" event, allow you to pick a side, win or lose you will get the weapon of the side you support. Holding dera of the loser and holding karak of the victor. Though i will pick the dera, corpus weapon need some love man...or DE want to put Dera Vandal into the vault for future buff before release full fixed state?

Totally agree, and just accidentally posted about this here: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/457317-kinda-wish-they-didnt-release-the-event-rewards-untill-the-end/

My Post to keep everyone here.

i wish they would keep each side a secret for which weapon is rewarded until the end, that way the outcome is based on actual lore/choice. i feel like most people pick based on rewards not who they are helping. also doesn't get one sides hopes up. then only release the weapon at the end.

im talking about specifics, they could say weapon reward for 4 points, i just don't want to know what weapons. maybe "Event Corpus weapon" or "Event Grineer weapon"

just a discussion. this is my opinion. i wanted to start a topic to see how you guys feel and maybe point it out. while this is a game, i don't get the point of showing 2 weapons and going "pick one" i would feel different if it was offered directly from the two sides as the mission rewards are.

i choose to side with Nef Anyo because he just wants profit while Alad V was experimenting on Frames and even got himself infested. i know DE hopes in the future the outcome of events will change the system. well if the changes were happening it wouldn't be based on lore or choice of character but rather based on reward of an event.

This specific event has sub rewards from the missions but i see those are based on the characters, because Alad V isnt as rich as Nef and you can see that in the mission rewards.

25 Rare cores vs. 20 Uncommon cores in the last battle. It's a bit one-sided, don'tcha think?

But Nef is Rich compared to Alad so it only makes sense, same reason for 75k vs 50k

Edited by paul62626

Well, Since Nef is gonna slaughter Alad today (as was the exact opposite yesterday), I (as a Karak wanter) certainly hope the Core Rewards swap to Alad offering the 25 Gold Cores, and Nef getting the 20 Silver Cores...