Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

You make very valid points and I can't aruge that. Again I think that he should be given Knockback/down immunity and even poision immunity.(I mean thinking about it: Being incased in stone how does poison even get to you?)

Frost and Rhino were always the two tanks. I don't see why you need to call Rhino the TRUE tank.

Both have 150 base armor and skills to back up their tanky-ness. Snow globe with continuty will last longer and it ignores all damage and hell it slows enemies that enter it so they're easy-pickings. Frost with Freeze could simply freeze ancient infested in place allowing someone to revive.

(The EN cost for using freeze would be debateable, but we could throw in the Flow mod and -30% power mod.)

Ice wave less useful unless the enemies are in a straight line or mobbed around you, I've actually used it to stop things that mobbed around me from killing me. As for avalanch: Not so much grineer but it'll oneshot just about anything else except ancinets and bosses(ofc) and even does Double Damage to shields.

In their own respects each is a TRUE tank.

At least in my opinion.

Frost is the Caster-Tank whilst Rhino was the Tanky Tank.

Now Rhino's @(*()$ useless and the game might as well be called "PLAY FROST AND GIVE US MONEY"

raising weapons prices, nerfing, making everything blue print.... this game was a free to play, at first. Now it slowly rollin' toward the pay to win mode. congrats DE, you only killing your game and losing players by selfsihly NOT CONSULTING communauty before making some useless update. You'd better improve your graphic engine to allow it to run with overclocked graphic card instead making those useless nerfing.

iron skin was part of a co op thing with rhino...he could save you if nobody else could, it wasnt just easy mode with rhino. I found myself carrying many partys which isnt easy especially when they think they can just derp mode it cause your there. I have several frame besides rhino, he is just my fav, i also play frost, excal, and saryn. Dont assume people only use one frame because you have a preconceived notion on a frame you've never played

I'm not assuming anything.

If you actually read all of the posts (starting from page 1 yes) many people DO play only Rhino even if they have other frames.

And about being carried by Rhino, its about people relying too much on the Rhino player to ressurect them when they die $&*&*#(%&ly. Admit it, especially  during boss encounters - many players just stand there, shoot stuff, move a little and die. Not even bothering to use abilities or kite enemies around and try to even survive a little. Instead what do they do? Everyone is waiting for the Rhino players to become invulnerable and revive them.

If Rhino couldn't become invulnerable then, those players would actually run for their lives AND/OR actually use other abilities offered by their respective warframes to save their lives. FFS, even some of the Ash and Loki players dont bother using their stealth on demand abilities to save their own lives when under heavy enemy fire. And like I've mentioned, Volt's Shock saves lives, Banshee's Sonic Boom saves lives, Mag's Bullet Attractor CAN and WILL SAVE lives if people would only use and not neglect them.

You make very valid points and I can't aruge that. Again I think that he should be given Knockback/down immunity and even poision immunity.(I mean thinking about it: Being incased in stone how does poison even get to you?)

Frost and Rhino were always the two tanks. I don't see why you need to call Rhino the TRUE tank.

Both have 150 base armor and skills to back up their tanky-ness. Snow globe with continuty will last longer and it ignores all damage and hell it slows enemies that enter it so they're easy-pickings. Frost with Freeze could simply freeze ancient infested in place allowing someone to revive.

(The EN cost for using freeze would be debateable, but we could throw in the Flow mod and -30% power mod.)

Ice wave less useful unless the enemies are in a straight line or mobbed around you, I've actually used it to stop things that mobbed around me from killing me. As for avalanch: Not so much grineer but it'll oneshot just about anything else except ancinets and bosses(ofc)((And anything at much much higher levels but I don't do defense missions to over 65)) and even does Double Damage to shields.

In their own respects each is a TRUE tank.

At least in my opinion.

@Opinions: I can understand that.

@Kvothe The Arcane: I can see your point and I can see why Rhino would be useful for that. Again: I'm on the pool for leaving it as it is now, 80% however at the same time I'm in the pool of: No knockback/down and Poison immunity. If those two things are added IS is still a very very viable solution.

Well as far as class labeling goes Rhino was always the Tank. Remember Frost came later? As such I like to think  of Rhino as the pure and true Tank class. Aside from his skills being completely based around the fact that you're going to be up in their face for most of the time. And you make very good points about Frost but as a Rhino player I just see a bunch of skills I wish I had.

Really I just hated the fact that my fav frames only useful skill (All the others being a situational skill, and not a very effective one at that) was being nerfed in ANY way.

Also poison reduction is coming in the form of mods.

If you look at the Vauban video theres a couple new mods.

Antitoxin, Cold Blooded, and Diamond Skin.

The ONLY saving grace I can see from this depends on the Diamond Skin mod. My hope is that the IS nerf was so that it works better with the Diamond Skin mod. Which still irritated me because now I have to replace a mod I have on him with it.

ADDITONS:

New Warframe: VAUBAN - The combat engineer!

Are you a crafty Ninja? Then this is the warframe for you. The highly tactical VAUBAN uses his powers to create deadly traps that can zap, imprison and dimensionally crush enemies!

Get him today in the Market with Platinum, OR purchase the Blueprint and await the drop of his components from "?" Alerts!

Yo9lmoh.jpg

• Added new avatar icons for profile customization, retired the old avatar packs.
  • Added "Invite Only" matchmaking mode. Session can only be joined if host has directly sent an invite to client.
  • Users can now specify a ping range to filter out undesirable sessions.
  • Added "Operation" kills to profile.
  • Our Optional Reset tool is ready, please check www.warframe.com/user for instructions!
CHANGES:
  • Our Marketplace Weapon Pricing has received an overhaul. The Weapon Prices have been the same since Closed Beta, and now that we have grown, we are going to balance the pricing of our gear. An End-Goal of this is also to eventually include Platinum to Credit Bundles.
Name Credit Price Plat Price Notes Braton Was 10,000, Now 25,000 No longer Plat   Sicaris 20,000 No longer Plat   AK Lato Was 12000, Now 25000 No longer Plat   Bronco Was 35,000, now Blueprint. 190 Blueprints in store Burston Was 12,000, now Blueprint 120 Blueprints in store Boar 75,000 No longer Plat   Snipetron Was 50,000, now Blueprint. 225 Blueprints in store Gorgon   225 Blueprints in store Dual Skana Was 45,000, now Blueprint. 125 Blueprints in store Furis Was 15,000, now Blueprint 120 Blueprints in store Furax Was 30,000, now Blueprint 125 Blueprints in store Strun   225 Blueprints in store Lex Was 35,000, Now 50,000 No longer Plat   Skana   150 Blueprints in store Lato 10,000 50 Starting Gear Latron Was 50,000, now Blueprint 225 Blueprints in store Bo Staff   65 Blueprints in store Mk1-Braton 15000 No longer Plat Starting Gear
  • Rhino Skin no longer grants full invincibility, but can now reach up to 80% Damage Reduction at highest Mod level.
  • UI Improvements have been added to the "Contact" Area of the Menus.
  • Banshee's Sound Quake has been balanced to do more intended damage amounts on use.
  • Glaive is no longer affected by Client vs Host lag. This allows clients to immediately throw the glaive and have normal-looking motion even with a laggy host.
  • Disabled challenges (optional objectives) in Master Rank tests
  • Weapon damage amount no longer stacks on to of Weapon projectile explosion chance.
  • News feed now updates real-time with alerts when syncing world state instead of waiting for relogin by user.
  • Max health = 100 for Leech/Mine drones.
  • Reworked Paris firing sound. No more musical notes. Added dedicated 2D and 3D sounds.
  • Reworked bow draw and added dedicated 2D and 3D sounds.
  • Reworked all bolt impacts and added water and flesh.
  • Fusion Moa drones spawn with a level similar to the Moa instead of level 1.
  • Changed scale of Leech Drone.
  • Super MOA added to main enemy list, but is still rare.
  • Players using hacking terminals will not be affected by Mag's Pull power or Loki's Switch power.
  • Crouch-aim walk is now slower than stand-aim walk
  • Seekers now have limit to number of active Latchers they can deploy.
FIXES:

Hot-fix 7.11.1

• Fixed Infested Crawlers being able to jump. You are a crawler....you crawl.
  • Fixed Mag's Bullet Attractor hanging when cast on certain enemies.
  • Fixed Ember's World on Fire ability having inconsistent duration times.
  • Fixed clients are stuck in "ground fire" posture/modifier from everyone else's point of view after reviving.
  • Fixed vertical damage deformer resulting in black artifacts appearing on enemies.
  • Fixed Shield Osprey from hiding if last enemy in defense mission.
  • Fixed Paris not appearing in player profile stats page
  • Fixed bonus XP being displayed when you forfeit a mission.
  • Fixed objective complete status not being removed when players abort or finish a mission
  • Fixed enemy count being reset on extermination missions when host migrates
  • Fixed an issue where the "Hit Point" of radial damage was always the centre of the explosion (powers like radial blast would have the damage indicators show up at your feet)
  • Fixed electricity FX on Ether weapons
  • Fixed hit proxies for MOAs
  • Fixed Mag's Bullet Attractor and Trinity Link abilities having limited use against Fusion Moas, power effect now more in-line with other enemies.
  • Fixed clipping issues on moving ships and ramps in Cave Hanger
  • Fixed bolts impaling pickups
  • Fixed Trinity's Link ability affecting the rescue target, even when other enemies are nearby. Link ability now ignores all friendlies.
  • Fixed "Skip Tutorial" option that was replacing "Abort Mission" while in tutorial state.
  • Fixed falling through stairs on respawn/revive.
  • Fixed stats not collecting for projectile weapons.
  • Fixed glaive not doing critical hits when thrown.
  • Fixed some blocking volumes in Corpus Outpost that allowed players to go under the map.
  • Fixed collision volumes on some rocks in Outpost
  • Fixed Outpost weather VFX that extended into interior environments
  • Fixed Outpost door prefab that was causing some agents to get stuck
  • Fixed clients not having charge melee interrupted by enemy melee
  • Fixed quiver holster position to avoid the flip of the quiver when firing the bow offhand.
  • Fixed Paris not auto-switching to pistol when out of ammo.
  • Fixed unusable context actions when client disconnects while using context action. The server will perform cleanup so that usage can be released.
  • Fixed ability to parry when glaive is in flight. Parrying only works when glaive is in melee mode.
  • Fixed reload animation playing twice when interrupting auto-reload with glaive.
  • Fixed clipless weapons of clients never firing on host = never consuming ammo = bow never deducts ammo on host = can never pick up ammo.
  • Fixed multiple reported crashes
  • Fixed various issues with ragdolls
  • fixed crash at boot experienced by some users
  • removed opaque background from Market and Foundry

I have a question. When ever i try to invite my friends to a clan it say they are laready in a guild, but when i ask thme they say no. Is there something wrong, or are they not accepting the request properely.

I like most of the stuff on here, but the Iron Skin nerf is horrible.  I agree that it was overpowered and needed to be balanced but an increase in focus or decrease in duration would have solved that.  Now the rhino is stuck with super slow movement, three other ablities that are mostly worthless, and an absolutely worthless helm upgrade.

Ssso Banshee.  Sound Quake deals the same ammount of damage it used to deal, for me. 
Damage is still reduced against high armor targets, making it bad against grineer and Ancients.
Range seems to have been halved, from 20 to 10 ingame meters.  Much worse now in defense missions. 
As others have pointed out, yes, she can get attacked (and most importantly, Disrupted) during it. 

Sound Quake now feels like an incredibly subpar ult.  While Warframes with high damaging ults always have some extra feature in them (Frost's freezing effect, Saryn's stun, etc) Sound Quake now is only dealing low damage in a very limited AoE.  It still staggers, but only grineer and corpus, which already are long ranged enemies so it still isn't that useful considering how low her ult's range is now.

I'm feeling now that Banshee's only good selling point is Sonar.  Also am pretty certain that many Rhino and Banshee players are disappointed with these changes.  There would be so many other, much creative and innovative ways of fixing both frames' "overpowerdness" instead of the approach DE has taken.  Hope they listen to the community, revert these changes and think of new ways to balance characters without ruining the players' gaming experience.

Oh, and on a sidenote, the myriad of blueprints introduced will just make the game less attractive to newer players, who will have to spend several hours just -waiting- for their weapons to be made.  As if waiting for frame recipes wasn't tedious enough.

ALSO they made Engie have Rhinos ultimate but better. I can't believe they would go and make Rhinos other useful ability obsolete as well.

Does DE hate Rhino that much?

Edited by Mogar

Bronco - Was 35,000, now Blueprint.

Burston - Was 12,000, now Blueprint

Dual Skana - Was 45,000, now Blueprint.

These weapons were awful and not worth buying before. Having them cost so much more in time to build, time it takes to farm the required materials, it's not worth spending even a fraction of the time it takes to acquire any of them.

I like most of the stuff on here, but the Iron Skin nerf is horrible.  I agree that it was overpowered and needed to be balanced but an increase in focus or decrease in duration would have solved that.  Now the rhino is stuck with super slow movement, three other ablities that are mostly worthless, and an absolutely worthless helm upgrade.

Exactly.  The one good skill the Rhino had was Iron Skin.  Now he's got nothing redeeming at all.

Well as far as class labeling goes Rhino was always the Tank. Remember Frost came later? As such I like to think  of Rhino as the pure and true Tank class. Aside from his skills being completely based around the fact that you're going to be up in their face for most of the time. And you make very good points about Frost but as a Rhino player I just see a bunch of skills I wish I had.

Really I just hated the fact that my fav frames only useful skill (All the others being a situational skill, and not a very effective one at that) was being nerfed in ANY way.

Also poison reduction is coming in the form of mods.

If you look at the Vauban video theres a couple new mods.

Antitoxin, Cold Blooded, and Diamond Skin.

The ONLY saving grace I can see from this depends on the Diamond Skin mod. My hope is that the IS nerf was so that it works better with the Diamond Skin mod. Which still irritated me because now I have to replace a mod I have on him with it.

I watched the video but I didn't really pay attention to what he had equipped, only what they suggested.

Yeah frost did come later so i can see your point on that.

For now lets wait and see what Diamond skin does. Hopefully overall damage reduction.

ALSO they made Engie have Rhinos ultimate but better. I can't believe they would go and make Rhinos other useful ability obsolete as well.

Does DE hate Rhino that much?

No. DE hit hit with the EA Brain-Parasites, and thus had to make a P2W 'Frame with abilities that outclass any other Warframe's, while also making the Tank have abilities that are a step below useless.

NO I'M NOT GOING TO STOP RAGGING ON THIS.

So Update 8 is still to come.. :p

I know I won't be around for all the nerfs that will come to Rhino.....I'm quitting Warframe, they are really just kissing Frost's &#!.

Bye yall it's only been a short time but it was fun.

I watched the video but I didn't really pay attention to what he had equipped, only what they suggested.

Yeah frost did come later so i can see your point on that.

For now lets wait and see what Diamond skin does. Hopefully overall damage reduction.

I'm actually hoping for more of a Knockdown resist. Though it most likely IS damage reduction.

Anti-Toxin.

Reduced poison damage or poison resistence?

Theres AntiToxin Cold Blooded and Diamond Skin.

Anti-Toxin is obvious and I guess that's what were going to be using then for Poisons

Cold Blooded probably to negate the Terrible Shield Reduction we get on the Freeze Hazards

Diamond Skin I have no clue.

No. DE hit hit with the EA Brain-Parasites, and thus had to make a P2W 'Frame with abilities that outclass any other Warframe's, while also making the Tank have abilities that are a step below useless.

NO I'M NOT GOING TO STOP RAGGING ON THIS.

Oh ok that makes sense.

*shakes fist* DAMN YOU EA!!!!!!