Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

rhino is not a medic he should be kicking butt, not playing medic.... jus sayin 

and rhino is still a tank, if you think otherwise you can't see past not having a godmode/win button and are just doing it wrong, rhino has a butt load of defense built in, throw a steel fiber on him and let him fight, let trinity save your butts as she is meant to do, granted she will be used more for boss tanking but it's not like she deals a buttload of damage anyways, she needs others to do damage while she keeps boss attention.

trinity can deal a decent amount of damage though, because the link redirects all damage dealt to her, to a different target. And rhino doesn't deal damage with his skills really, it's more of a CC thing. As for the medic stuff, I disagree and agree, trinity should be the first line of help, but if someone gets surrounded and goes down, rhino was wonderful for being able to res them.

edit:

The handful of casters in this game can deal with disruptors well enough on their own.  Even with the kind of utlity that Iron skin provided rhino, he still was far from overpowered.

very true, but if something happens, like they get stunlocked by something and a disruptor hits them, it's more or less over for them (or atleast they're in a bind).

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I for one am glad with this update.

Melee-build warframes jump into the fray and charge-smack everything in oblivion. Rhino, decked out defensively on it's warframe can withstand a tremendous amount of punishment before having to activate it's "Herp, screw you, I'm going home" skill. Yes the invincibility is nice, but it it solo's everything quite easily. Entire levels, I might add. 

- BUT THE TRINITY DOES JUST AS MUCH!

True, and I envision that the Trinity will get a nerf in Link, which I believe is fair on it's own.

Face it people, we as Tenno are OP compared to many of the NPC's we get to slaughter. Entire armada's are required to stop just a single, Tenno. A group, can rampage through them in a few minutes and return to the main-ship for a cold drink and massage shortly after.
What suprises me, is how people don't use common sense, button smash or use their warframes 'for the wrong' goals. Even if they use them for the RIGHT goal, they kit their warframes in such odd way's that they die to quickly, run out of energy to fast, or go melee while you know that's a death-wish.

I'm a Trinity user. I use a snipetron, I am a noob because of this? I sit back, I pick of highly annoying targets, or those that could pin my team down. I toss heals around, or energy vampire for the needy. And when things get hectic, give them all a blessing. But I do stay back, and avoid melee damage. Because the Trinity's armor-base value, speed, and HP pool were not designed to be a front-line runner. Even "With" Link, I shouldn't be in the front. So again, think. Rhino has good shielding/HP/base armor. How about backing out of the fight just a little, to let ranged members put shots down-range? (How often do I see melee-users run in, killing my intended targets and as such, seeing my bullets being aborbed by their armor?). 

This game is not about having an "insta-win warframe". It's about playing solo, or as a team, and decking out the warframe for your desired gameplay. With limits, such as polarity slots, or base stats. I've seen Volt's act like Rhino's just fine, and they had no invincibility skill.
They had uber shields, recharge, and went for it.

Personally, I'm curious about the play of the new warframe, which I'll farm for. Shure, might take me forever. But deal with it, I'm a  "froob" and will play for free. Pay to win, nope. But if you ain't got the patience/time, you can CHOOSE to invest in this game for your own PLEASURE. 

Kay.. I contributed nothing. Resume bickering.

Iron-skin outclassed? Why because it does no damage? Invincibility is one hell of a perk.

The fact of the matter is that when you are playing Rhino and nothing is a threat to you ruins gameplay. Literally nothing. The biggest threat is either  running out of energy or forgetting to use iron skin.

Lasers? Iron Skin.

Disrupters? Iron Skin.

Boss Fights? Iron Skin. 

Shockwave Moas? Iron Skin.

Rollers? Iron Skin.

50 enemy surrounding you? Iron Skin.

Damage? lol nope, Iron Skin!

you could go the same for Nyx's Chaos or Trinity's Link or Loki's invisibility - anything that avoids damage.

There are other ways to nerf a skill besides removing it's key stat. Have it use more energy or reduce its invincibility time. Hell just don't remove the very thing that everyone loves on Rhino. Keep in mind that you still have to do all the damage yourself. The enemies are not going to die by staring at your abs of steel or whatever.

If a certain skill is fun to use, why steal that away from players? I don't go crying all about spamming Slash Dashes or Sound Quakes or any AOE mass-destructive skill. You don't want to use Rhino's other 3 skills? Fine, play him however you desire. There is no wrong or right way how to play a warframe.

You might also think about when Iron Skin is ALSO used: picking up a downed ally, saving yourself from certain bullet rain death while retreating, acting as a shield for your ally and many other situations - you're possiblities are only limited by your own creativity.

If you want to spam Iron Skin before even going into battle or while still having your full shield up, then do it if you so desire but see if your energy keeps up. and IF you're really able to spam it constantly then raise its energy cost or shorten it's duration.

So Vauban Skills

1st - Volts Shock In a grenade form

2nd - Excalibur Super Jump

3rd - Rhino Ult

The "Singularity" is the only new thing about this warframe.

So, what does Rhino get to compensate for Iron Skin?

Vaubans got his Ult as his third is what looks like a much larger radius

Link + Energy Vamp for Trininty is a much better tank vs Bosses + reflected damage

Rhino Charge is a Poor mans Slash dash

The only thing that Rhino has is his second which isn't all that great.

You got all that right except for one thing. Rhino is no longer a proper warframe. It's just the fat kid trying to catch up while all the popular kids Good Warframes do everything for him.

trinity can deal a decent amount of damage though, because the link redirects all damage dealt to her, to a different target. And rhino doesn't deal damage with his skills really, it's more of a CC thing. As for the medic stuff, I disagree and agree, trinity should be the first line of help, but if someone gets surrounded and goes down, rhino was wonderful for being able to res them.

edit:

very true, but if something happens, like they get stunlocked by something and a disruptor hits them, it's more or less over for them (or atleast they're in a bind).

rhino should not have that skillset, he should be a rhino... rawr! head first into the mobs, trinity should sit back and shoot, pop off link and save the fallen.. 

this is a wise change, to much muddle on warframe focus before. plus rhino isn't the noobproof easy mode anymore. 

I don't disagree. I've felt like he is a one-trick pony with his invincibility being his major perk. He needs a change to his kit (whether that be a buff to his damaging abilities or a change in mechanics), so that he isn't just the Frame you play to take no damage in any scenario. 

As far as your example of Frames being able to solo down bosses without taking damage. You're right every frame can solo a boss. I don't know if you watched the livestream where a squad got to wave 80 in Defense and the enemy levels exceeded 400. Where one single attack could one-shot any frame that wasn't invulnerable to damage. It was a sight to behold to watch as Rhino and Trinity could go head to head with these high leveled opponents with no fear as long as they had an energy pool.

Now of course, that is the extreme of the tanking spectrum but sometimes you gotta go that far to prove a point. It's a strong ability.

It's only actually useful in that case because other frame's abilities don't scale properly for defense.  Wave 80 defense is pointless (you don't get better drops or rewards) and is a terrible example to use to defend this nerf.

rhino should not have that skillset, he should be a rhino... rawr! head first into the mobs, trinity should sit back and shoot, pop off link and save the fallen.. 

this is a wise change, to much muddle on warframe focus before. plus rhino isn't the noobproof easy mode anymore. 

I agree, but right now his other skills don't have enough use in them for me to justify taking them, the time they buy just doesn't feel long enough, and a by product of being invinc is being able to be the "combat medic"

Ember isn't un-disruptable during Overheat. Just FYI since I saw that myth in here again.

Also, I'm going to add my voice to the chorus re: pricing. I think moving a great number of weapons away from credit-buyable is only going to make things less attractive to new players. If you join the game, take a look at the weapon list and see... maybe 3-4 out of a dozen or more in each category that you can buy with fakemoney, and the rest appear to be (on the Arsenal screens) buyable only with realmoney? That's going to be a massive turn-off. And probably moreso when they realize how much time and grinding is going to go into just getting a simple Bo.

I think this was a poor move, DE. Please rethink this... aggressive... pricing method.

(Rhino is fine now, QQ more everyone who thinks getting to wave 200 on Xini isn't a waste of time~)

Played Ember in Xini a few days ago. No Disruption. I still had my more than 450 energy after. So yeah she tanks better than rhino now, next to trinity.

It's only actually useful in that case because other frame's abilities don't scale properly for defense.  Wave 80 defense is pointless (you don't get better drops or rewards) and is a terrible example to use to defend this nerf.

The point being there is no threat. Sigh.

Random note: am I the only one who thought Vauban was a new Corpus unit or boss when he suddenly turned up on the launcher...?

If I didn't see the concept art I wouldv'e thought the same thing. He looks nothing like a tenno.

Also

DE, you have lightning in a bottle here; stop shaking it or you'll ruin.

Edited by TheClingClang

I agree, but right now his other skills don't have enough use in them for me to justify taking them, the time they buy just doesn't feel long enough, and a by product of being invinc is being able to be the "combat medic"

i agree his offensive needs a slight buff, but not to much he does after all have one of the highest defense in the game, stack steel fiber on that and he's reallly tanky. IMO Iron skin should have it's immunity to disruption, knock back and poison cause he is the one that is to go to the front line, but 100% reduction is just OP for a fighting class warframe.

The point being there is no threat. Sigh.

The point is high level defense isn't something the game should be balanced around.  In reasonable gameplay examples, other frames' abilities have always been more powerful and efficient than iron skin.

Edited by Aggh

Wait im kinda stuck with the whole banshee sound quake thing, Has she been nerfed or has the sound quake been balanced to do more damage? or what, Sorry if i seem to be confused but thats just what i am :C I dont get it :S has banshees sound quake been nerfed or improved to do more intended damage?:C Nice update btw :p