Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

Wow guys seriously? DE I love you but this update saddens me. My fav class Rhino, which IMO needs a BUFF to some of his abilities, get's a nerf to his MOST USEFUL ABILITY that by all means did not break the game in any way (I mean really, was anyone complaining about IS being OP?). On top of that I heard the new Engie frames Ult is like Rhinos but better.

Not only that but apparently IS doesn't even reduce damage right now and some people seem to still get knocked down.

Please, PLEASE change IS back to the way it was. 80% seems too low at max. The ONLY way I can think of to make IS a damage reduction work is if you made Rhino immune to knockdown/knockback (Or have a high chance of recovery).

Yep.... it's a shame. Just check out the Melee Weapons: You can't buy any melee weapons with credits anymore (instead the Bo Staff i guess). Are they serious?

"we are going to balance the pricing of our gear."  Cmon... for me balancing the pricing is making it more expensive, more credits to pay for... NOT erase all Credit options and make them Plat and Blueprints only. Now i even have to wait for those lower weapons to get finished...

Not really user friendly.

I really like this game and it's not like you can't do anything without paying money, but it's really rude when the whole game give you the feeling "PAY FOR IT! or you will to wait a long time for something you wanted so long ^__^ "

There Grinding and farming efficient. I have seen players get 100k in rapid missions by doing high end alerts and looting lockers & crates. To be honest, I think they were a bit low since they boosted the credit amount.

iron skin was part of a co op thing with rhino...he could save you if nobody else could, it wasnt just easy mode with rhino. I found myself carrying many partys which isnt easy especially when they think they can just derp mode it cause your there. I have several frame besides rhino, he is just my fav, i also play frost, excal, and saryn. Dont assume people only use one frame because you have a preconceived notion on a frame you've never played

And because of the nerf rhino still can't do any of that? I main a frost and I've been able to go in and revive team members in high level areas just as effectivly as any rhino could. Yeah you could probably argue that but in my opinion 80% is still a lot of reduced damage and again, in my opinion, won't affect rhino's ability to do that still.

Honestly like said above(Or rather now, before since the thread is moving fast) there needs to be a line because honestly while not everyone using Rhino does this, the fact remains that they cant forever abuse it and play Ezmode Warframe.  In my opinion the game isn't meant to be played that way. I mean that's like turning godmode on in any Elderscrolls game or Fallout. It get boring and provides no challenge at higher levels.

While I understand some of you are upset for other various reasons there's no reson why I can't dobt some people complaining are just upset because they cannot simply 'godmode' anymore(<---- but that's an opinion too.)

Edited by LukaWolfDog

That would be the best option! Still, should there still be 90% damage reduction? (10% increase).

DE, i recommend this

Return iron skin to its original form BUT add a 10-15sec cooldown in between activations so that it can reduce spamming, please us rhinos, please the haters, and get business back to normal

20-30 sec cooldown in between would even be ok too

ps gram sounds weird o .o

Edited by Ecotox

i understand rhino's iron skin

because rhino has max level mod iron skin, Continuity and streamline. if 4 party player have four energy siphon , rhino can use always iron skin.

but it's so serious that iron skin doesn't have immune.

because rhino can't tank boss and ancient.

how can tank to boss and ancient without immune?

if i tank to ancient, i be drained my energy so i can't use iron skin any more and i damage to toxic so i don't have health

please rhino can be melee tanker i don't want to shot enemy in hard cover. it's not rhino that i think

As I mentioned before, I am firmly in the 'Restore Iron Skin' camp. For me, I don't have the luxury of a 4 man energy siphon squad. I'm generally on a 2 man team and I have energy siphon for me, and my friend uses physique for him. When fighting infested I 'Iron Up' and hit disruptors and toxics before they become an issue for any other party members - this is the kind of thing Rhino was built for.

With my current energy pool of 150 I can use 2 Iron Skins and keep one back for medic duties or OMG I'm getting hit a lot harder than I expected. A damage reduction and a loss of nearly every other immunity now makes me feel a damn sight more squishy than before.

DE, i recommend this

Return iron skin to its original form BUT add a 10-15sec cooldown in between activations so that it can reduce spamming, please us rhinos, please the haters, and get business back to normal

20-30 sec cooldown in between would even be ok too

Yeah, sorry about that. I accidently deleted that. Haha

And because of the nerf rhino still can't do any of that? I main a frost and I've been able to go in and revive team members in high level areas just as effectivly as any rhino could. Yeah you could probably argue that but in my opinion 80% is still a lot of reduced damage and again, in my opinion, won't affect rhino's ability to do that still.

-snip-

it's rather hard for someone to be rezzed in the middle of a toxic/disruptor bundle, esp when you get 10-15 ~40 toxics and disruptors rushing you.

it's rather hard for someone to be rezzed in the middle of a toxic/disruptor bundle, esp when you get 10-15 ~40 toxics and disruptors rushing you.

thanks for sayin it for me :P situtations like that...absolutely not

simpley said no, you cant play rhino the same all, especially against high level mobs where that 80% is like coating yourself in tissue paper and hoping it protects you

Edited by Ecotox

I started as Mag, got Trinity then got Rhino and was absolutely loving it.  Rhino skin made the frame shine, you could play hyper aggressively against packs or ancients, pull people outta trouble and it was the ultimate *Oh S#!+* button, now I'm back to being a regular warframe without any cool toys like the other frames, just some extra mitigation.

They should have just raised the power cost of it or added a cooldown to it.

Heck even bump IS to Rhino's ultimate and knock the other 2 abilities down would have been better!

So, You said before that you don't love grind. And than you've added even more grind with all of this blueprints. I would agree with turning latron and snipetron into cheap blueprints, since they were extremely pricey. But why Bronko & Burston? They are only useful at the very beginning - it was logical to let newbies to buy them for credits. And you need alloy plates for all of them! Lots of alloy plates! Do you realize haw hard to get alloy plates?! Even on Ceres! Why would I need bronko or burston if I can farm alloy on Ceres?!

I see no logic at all. "We don't like grind. So here is even more grind!"

And I am not saying about turning THE ONLY rhinos' useful ability into crap without buffing other his abilities.

I can see where its going. Actually this outcome was pretty obvious. This is an inevitable fate of all FtP games.

At least I'm glad I am able to play this game before it will turn in "pay to win".

Edited by Repligon

DE is gonna kill this game in the direction they are going, the drop rates and amounts are horrible and it is already way to much of a grindfest at its current state, at the rate DE is going I'm going quit playing this game and delete it, as it is going to much of "F" the player and what ever fun they might have and just give us money so you can play the game.

Honestly like said above(Or rather now, before since the thread is moving fast) there needs to be a line because honestly while not everyone using Rhino does this, the fact remains that they cant forever abuse it and play Ezmode Warframe.  In my opinion the game isn't meant to be played that way. I mean that's like turning godmode on in any Elderscrolls game or Fallout. It get boring and provides no challenge at higher levels.

While I understand some of you are upset for other various reasons there's no reson why I can't dobt some people complaining are just upset because they cannot simply 'godmode' anymore(<---- but that's an opinion too.)

Actually yes. It's 80% at MAX and was the only really useful skill. Compare it to his other skills and that of other frames it becomes apparent just how much of an iconic power IS is for the Rhino. To go and change this from something we were all used to (And no one complained about) is just absurd.

Sure Rhino is still a tank class but with the IS reduction it doesn't make sense to pick Rhino over Frost. And considering how useful Frosts other skills are it just doesn't make any sense to nerf the one TRUE tank class.

Also it in no way makes it easy mode. It's a quick S#&amp;&#036; let me revive you or F*** I gotta get out of here move. Sure earlier missions may be easy mode to some but if the Fusion Moa event told me anything it's that you can never have enough IS.

Assuming high-level defense missions are where you're getting those numbers from.

I will agree that he shouldn't be able to be knocked back as to conpensate for rezzing teammates in the above situation.

As for health issues with that many toxics or whatever I would suggest using a health pack from the market since getting Cr is easy.

In my opinion the game isn't meant to be played that way. I mean that's like turning godmode on in any Elderscrolls game or Fallout. It get boring and provides no challenge at higher levels.

Not going to dismiss what you have said but for me, the challenge came in when managing energy levels means I may not have enough to turn invincible all the time

"Balance the weapon pricing"? That sounds like a funny way of saying "Almost everything is a blueprint now!" I understand money is important to making the game grow, but please don't disguise something like that as "pricing balance". It's dishonest.

Everything else about the update is fine, I'm just annoyed by how so many weapons - not even really remarkable weapons at that - are now becoming blueprints. It makes getting into the game that much more difficult, since almost all the intriguing weapons now take you about twelve hours to make. Who wants to stop playing for twelve hours? Not the newcomer, that's for sure.

Would have been nice to have known this ahead of time, give a little perk to the players that have been beta testing for you. I had 250,000 credits almost spent them last night, but thought "na I will wait for the cool stuff coming tomorrow" now I can only get about half of what I could have gotten, and the cool stuff I was waiting for isn't even released yet.

Assuming high-level defense missions are where you're getting those numbers from.

I will agree that he shouldn't be able to be knocked back as to conpensate for rezzing teammates in the above situation.

As for health issues with that many toxics or whatever I would suggest using a health pack from the market since getting Cr is easy.

Eris can spawn high level ancients towards the end of the area, and about wave 10 they start spawning at that level easily.

As for the number, when clearing larger rooms, more enemies spawn obv.

Not going to dismiss what you have said but for me, the challenge came in when managing energy levels means I may not have enough to turn invincible all the time

that and the fact that in def for instance you cant block bullets/mobs from anything but you, you have to do you best not only to keep yourself but your team live aswell and use your CC abilities to keep mobs away from your team and the pod.

Actually yes. It's 80% at MAX and was the only really useful skill. Compare it to his other skills and that of other frames it becomes apparent just how much of an iconic power IS is for the Rhino. To go and change this from something we were all used to (And no one complained about) is just absurd.

Sure Rhino is still a tank class but with the IS reduction it doesn't make sense to pick Rhino over Frost. And considering how useful Frosts other skills are it just doesn't make any sense to nerf the one TRUE tank class.

Also it in no way makes it easy mode. It's a quick S#&$ let me revive you or F*** I gotta get out of here move. Sure earlier missions may be easy mode to some but if the Fusion Moa event told me anything it's that you can never have enough IS.

You make very valid points and I can't aruge that. Again I think that he should be given Knockback/down immunity and even poision immunity.(I mean thinking about it: Being incased in stone how does poison even get to you?)

Frost and Rhino were always the two tanks. I don't see why you need to call Rhino the TRUE tank.

Both have 150 base armor and skills to back up their tanky-ness. Snow globe with continuty will last longer and it ignores all damage and hell it slows enemies that enter it so they're easy-pickings. Frost with Freeze could simply freeze ancient infested in place allowing someone to revive.

(The EN cost for using freeze would be debateable, but we could throw in the Flow mod and -30% power mod.)

Ice wave less useful unless the enemies are in a straight line or mobbed around you, I've actually used it to stop things that mobbed around me from killing me. As for avalanch: Not so much grineer but it'll oneshot just about anything else except ancinets and bosses(ofc)((And anything at much much higher levels but I don't do defense missions to over 65)) and even does Double Damage to shields.

In their own respects each is a TRUE tank.

At least in my opinion.

@Opinions: I can understand that.

@Kvothe The Arcane: I can see your point and I can see why Rhino would be useful for that. Again: I'm on the pool for leaving it as it is now, 80% however at the same time I'm in the pool of: No knockback/down and Poison immunity. If those two things are added IS is still a very very viable solution.

Edited by LukaWolfDog