Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

So was Banshee's range nerfed or not?  I find it troubling that there might be nerfs that DE pushed through without bothering to tell us about it.

I would test it, but there are too many spawn rushers in defense missions right now for me to tell.

If that's how it's gonna be from now on then they're really no different from most game companies.

If that's how it's gonna be from now on then they're really no different from most game companies.

I know, right? I was thinking about buying plat last night actually because there's a decent number of frames and weapons I wanted. But after this update and seeing this BS I figure I can do without. Two frames is fine if all they're going to do is absolutely destroy everything and then make everything cost obscene amounts of time and credits to get.

This patch is frankly depressing. You have moved pretty much everything to blueprints or made them extremely expensive in the store, you took away the skill that many will say made Rhino actually Rhino while leaving Trinity the best tank in the game, and you nerfed Banshee's Sound Quake which was really the only thing she had going for her, outside of Sonar on bosses AND you removed its invunerability apparently which I'm pretty sure every other frame has while activating their ultimate. I had intended on buying platinum today, and showing a friend this game, and now I won't do either of those. As to Vauban...I don't even care. Even if its a good frame, its likely just going to get nerfed like these did. I have to be honest here DE...this is the first time I've been disappointed with you.

So...lets sum up the damage that was done:

Rhino now outclassed further by Trinity, and now Ember as well.

New players will have a hard time getting any new equipment while these changes won't affect current players at all.

Banshee's only real damaging ability nerfed, not only in range and damage, but unlike other ultimates, no invunerability while activating it.

Until these things are fixed, I'm done spending money. For a PvE game, these kind of nerfs are just uncalled for. Rhino and Banshee were far from being OP. Rhino was barely functional as it is, and Banshee was only really wanted for her ability to help clear out light armored targets on defense missions. And the market changes...do you just not want new players? Or are you hoping people will start dropping more money on your plat to credit bundles you mentioned? As sad as it is, I am hoping its the first one, because the second one just makes you look like every other greedy F2P game, something that you had thus far managed to avoid. I'm really disappointed here DE, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

So was Banshee's range nerfed or not?  I find it troubling that there might be nerfs that DE pushed through without bothering to tell us about it.

I would test it, but there are too many spawn rushers in defense missions right now for me to tell.

They definately put in nerfs they didnt mention.......i ran an infested defense on valefor, and in 20 waves i didnt see a SINGLE crit using the paris, and thats with maxed point strike on (which pre patch would end up with ~50% crit rate)

Note: while i myself dont have the thunderbolt mod, from what i hear that took a HUGE nerf too, both in terms of aoe range and damage.

Edited by Fallast

The updates is good, but the changes to Rhino are not, firt Rhino is the only one able to stop Toxic Ancients, now he has to flee as any other frame from it.

If you want to balance Rhino, why not give it a constant shield Regen and Rejuvenation Artifact while active Iron Skin, then he not be inmortal, but still retain some bonus, is a idea.

The updates is good, but the changes to Rhino are not, firt Rhino is the only one able to stop Toxic Ancients, now he has to flee as any other frame from it.

If you want to balance Rhino, why not give it a constant shield Regen and Rejuvenation Artifact while active Iron Skin, then he not be inmortal, but still retain some bonus, is a idea.

I'm gonna play the other side here, but saryn does ok vs them, maisma does ~900 damage to them and stuns them from 3 seconds roughly.

i started playing this amazing game 1 month ago spending 225 hours in front of my computer cus i really loved this game and i was addicted( not since today ), i made hundred runs farming , i bought with real cash( few euros ) Accesories for my Sentinel, Orokin ..etc .A simple question( i know you will never read this ): why did you nerfed my favorite frames?Tooks me 225 hours to make my banshee and my rhino lvl 30 ( both supercharged ) . i`m sure here are tons of players who have spent more money/time then me,it was just my point as a beginer .Maybe i`ll start playing again when DE will realise how much we ran for our frames .And i dont care speaking english very well cus its not my native language.thanks for your time .

funny-animal-pictures-quotes-rhino-i-loo

Edited by HuskyBanks

Want rhino OP again? Simple, just spend 100$ to master founder pack, and join design council for future vote, lol.

There was no mention of this in the Design Council.  The Design Council is nothing but a big gimmick.  They don't do anything important there.

I didn't say that you didn't give other frames a chance. More like, you should look in to the other frames and/or figure out solutions on how to deal with Rhino's current state.

I may not have a Rhino right now (but its cooking for about 2 more days) but I definitely would play and give it that much enthusiasm to the point where I would forget that I have an Ash and a Volt - Just like how I forgot that I had an Ash when I got my newly assembled Volt.

Would I feel the same if my warframe of choice was bashed to the ground like how Rhino was? Yes. Definitely I would BUT like I said in my previous posts, people need to learn on how to embrace changes and make/find the better if not the most out of it. It's kind of like WoW transitioning from one expansion to the other or how DotA & LoL remakes/redesigns their heroes/champions.

Some things may turn out bad but in the end, they may turn out to be good in the long run because they open up windows, loopholes and options for the developers to see which could make or break the game.

Theres change, and there's destroying a char., like i said i can deal with the nerf to his IS, but if they dont balance the char with something else theyve essentially made him useless vs a more effective option such as frost, trinity or ember. Rhino should be the tank and right now thats the problem people are having, its not change, its that he is not just no longer tank, hes nothing. heres and example thats been posted b4

Charge = Slash Dash but weaker and shorter distance

Radial Blast = Mediocre dmg small range stun

Stomp = Decent range stun but short and little to no dmg

then there is the aforementioned iron skin

for tanking abilities to compare we have

IS vs Overheat - Overheat + Focus = 90% reduction + dmg IS = Flat 80% no other benefit but lack of fall

IS vs Snow Globe - Globe protects larger area, blocks ALL dmg, slows enemies to a crawl within and vastly longer duration (now 4 times as long with cont) IS benefit is it can move

IS vs Link = Link redirects all dmg, and easily spamable with combo of vampire making trinity the now defacto tank and IS can no longer compete

This leave rhino with effectively nothing as he excels at nothing and has no unique or desirable ability. People are open to change, not open to throwing a frame in the blender and hitting puree

the easiest and best option to nerf rhinos IS would be a 20-30sec coooldown after, maintaining the abilities appeal while not eliminating its use

Edited by Ecotox

not liking the rhino change... well,il just have to adapt ^^

...but Super MOA da hell is that???

the easiest and best option to nerf rhinos IS would be a 20-30sec coooldown after, maintaining the abilities appeal while not eliminating its use

Agree

Edited by MrWux

IMO, killing one's frame signature skills would really mean killing the frame. Rhino is (or was, after this patch) famous for it's CC immunity that his skill, Iron Skin gives and none of the three other skills is actually good. You probably would not recommend people to use rhino because of his Rhino Stomp, isn't it? First thing that you would emphasize is about his Iron Skin. Nerfing the things would make it hard for people to recommend other to use Rhino.

Starting as Mag, I felt that her skills, on the paper, are all good. It's just that on field some of it is absolutely not practical to use. using "Shield Polarize" is hard, since it's so difficult to target the person/enemy properly, and it's gives only a bit. "Bullet Attractor" is better, but it's not practical to waste 75 point just to cast it on mostly normal enemies and it does not do anything other than increasing hitbox. IMO, the signature move of Mag isn't her "Crush" (since its not unique and many other frame skill essentially does the same), but her "Pull" which is unique and none other frame could do the same. When ally is downed, Rhino with Iron Skin rushes in and tank the damage, while Mag pulls the downed toward her. That's a nice teamwork, for example.

That's why I said in my previous post, rather than NERFING everything,  BUFF the skills that we though useless and not practical so we could look people use the skills more. the concept of "nerfing" in a PvE game is IMO, strange and not needed. Like the other said, leave the Player and make the Environment harsher to give us challenge, not nerfing.

I agree with your point about killing a frame's signature move. That's why what we can do for now is to wait for a response from the Devs and see what kind of fix or solution they can come up with. Not like other people out there who would just quit and give up hope just because of the frustration of what the new patch has came up with.

Maybe a good idea for Rhino's Iron Skin ability is to make it his ultimate skill in exchange for the Stomp. Kind of like...

1st ability - Rhino Charge - 25 energy - 2/3/4/5 cost

2nd ability - Radial Blast - 50 energy - 4/5/6/7 cost

3rd ability - Rhino Stomp - 75 energy  6/7/8/9 cost

4th ability - Iron Skin - 100 energy - 10/11/12/13 cost - BUT they had to restore it to the old/original Iron Skin pre patch 8.

Let's admit it, everything is spammable as long as you have the energy to burn. It could well may be the reason why Iron Skin got the mad nerf to begin with. Come to think about it, 15+ secs of invulnerability for 50 energy per use seems pretty abusable.

Another alternative would be the implementation of cooldowns but that's another story.

- - - - -

I love Mag and I regret the fact that I deleted in order to make space for my Volt. I have a friend who is a great Mag user and I can say that teamwork is really essential in this game. I also agree with making the environment more harsh and leaving the non-broken aspects of the game untouched.

not liking the rhino change... well,il just have to adapt ^^

...but Super MOA da hell is that???

Don't accept an unwarranted change like the Rhino nerf. Its when a community starts to accept these changes that they become common place.

Theres change, and there's destroying a char., like i said i can deal with the nerf to his IS, but if they dont balance the char with something else theyve essentially made him useless vs a more effective option such as frost, trinity or ember. Rhino should be the tank and right now thats the problem people are having, its not change, its that he is not just no longer tank, hes nothing. heres and example thats been posted b4

Charge = Slash Dash but weaker and shorter distance

Radial Blast = Mediocre dmg small range stun

Stomp = Decent range stun but short and little to no dmg

then there is the aforementioned iron skin

for tanking abilities to compare we have

IS vs Overheat - Overheat + Focus = 90% reduction + dmg IS = Flat 80% no other benefit but lack of fall

IS vs Snow Globe - Globe protects larger area, blocks ALL dmg, slows enemies to a crawl within and vastly longer duration (now 4 times as long with cont) IS benefit is it can move

IS vs Link = Link redirects all dmg, and easily spamable with combo of vampire making trinity the now defacto tank and IS can no longer compete

This leave rhino with effectively nothing as he excels at nothing and has no unique or desirable ability. People are open to change, not open to throwing a frame in the blender and hitting puree

Sorry, I didn't see this post while I was making another post myself.

Anyways, yeah. The best option that I also think is best is to implement cooldowns like I've mentioned in my previous post.

Show yours first bucko, cause unless you're rank 7+ I've got you outclassed

rank means nothing but that you leveld stuff, you can be rank 8 and suck donkey d^%k, ive seen at least 3 of these

also, you assume everyone who plays wants to rank, idgaf about it and stopped with 4 frames and around 15 weapons. doesnt mean someone higher rank is better, just the leveld more stuff

Edited by Ecotox

I agree with your point about killing a frame's signature move. That's why what we can do for now is to wait for a response from the Devs and see what kind of fix or solution they can come up with. Not like other people out there who would just quit and give up hope just because of the frustration of what the new patch has came up with.

Maybe a good idea for Rhino's Iron Skin ability is to make it his ultimate skill in exchange for the Stomp. Kind of like...

1st ability - Rhino Charge - 25 energy - 2/3/4/5 cost

2nd ability - Radial Blast - 50 energy - 4/5/6/7 cost

3rd ability - Rhino Stomp - 75 energy  6/7/8/9 cost

4th ability - Iron Skin - 100 energy - 10/11/12/13 cost - BUT they had to restore it to the old/original Iron Skin pre patch 8.

Let's admit it, everything is spammable as long as you have the energy to burn. It could well may be the reason why Iron Skin got the mad nerf to begin with. Come to think about it, 15+ secs of invulnerability for 50 energy per use seems pretty abusable.

Another alternative would be the implementation of cooldowns but that's another story.

- - - - -

I love Mag and I regret the fact that I deleted in order to make space for my Volt. I have a friend who is a great Mag user and I can say that teamwork is really essential in this game. I also agree with making the environment more harsh and leaving the non-broken aspects of the game untouched.

The problem with that assumption is this...Iron Skin costs 50 energy, lasts 15 seconds. Link costs 75 energy, last 15 seconds, redirects damage, and when used with energy vampire, can be done indefinately...so...they nerf Iron Skin? I don't even...

If anything should have been done, Iron Skin should have been left as is, and his other 3 skills should have been improved, especially the energy waste that is radial blast. And Trinity should have been redesigned into a more effective support frame rather then taking the place as the tank in this game. I'd love to see Trinity actually be the support frame she is described as being, but right now...all I see is Trinity the tank, and Rhino the waste of a team slot since Frost is just better. Most of the frames need buffs and redesigns, not harsh nerfs. As it is, even with a pre-nerf sound quake, I could out damage a Banshee using guns...because bullets are pretty effective. Frame abilities really just do not compare to weapons in this game at all.

I don't see how not playing Rhino means that you know how to play Rhino...

Alright, what do you want a picture of to prove that I actually know what I'm talking about here

I don't see anyone else even showing they have rhino, let alone played it enough to have an opinion of it

Alright, what do you want a picture of to prove that I actually know what I'm talking about here

I don't see anyone else even showing they have rhino, let alone played it enough to have an opinion of it

Personally I'm not asking for a picture of anything, I'm asking for Iron Skin to be un-broken (read: returned to its former glory with a cooldown or something).

Well, if need be i will post a pic but im at a bit over 200hrs played with about 100hrs into rhino, about 60 hrs into frost, about 30 into saryn ,and around 10 for excalibur. im rank 5 as i see no need to go higher and not really interested in many of the frames and weapons

PS all mods either maxed or just short on my frames and all potatoed

Edited by Ecotox