Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Daikyu Is Mediocre, It Needs To Be Buffed?! ( Additional Buffing Feedback )

(PSN)xX-GunHound-Xx

I concur with the skin idea. For the type of game warframe is the Daikyu is sadly just garbage... all the stats aside in a game where your swarmed 100% of the time you got a weapon that takes to damn long to draw. Hell S#&$ I can pull a real long bow faster then that... sadly holding the draw is another matter entirely :p For such an absurd draw time it needs a major damage buff or at least a faster draw and have the stats stay the same.

To damn freaking true. I like this game but the incompentance to balance is astouding... worst I've ever seen actually! So many weapons I've ranked and was amused by at best since they all extremely underperform.

I agree 110% I would like to note that most weapons with interesting mechanics have ALL been mastery trash. For the buzlok to the freeze ray I can't seem to remember. But that's how terrible these weapons are. They can have both amazing mechanics AND incredible viability, but it's almost always passed up. Why alludes me though...

Although the weapon balances are somewhat questionable, I have to say let's refrain from adding anything having to do with DE'S competence of any sort. I want this thread to thrive on *hopefully* potential buff and changes to the Daikyu and nothing more. And talking bad about DE won't get anything done, but this thread locked. Thank you.

Edited by (PS4)xX-GunHound-Xx

You people always fretting over stats and whether or not this weapon or that can 1 shot a heavy gunner late in a T4 defense and if it cant its trash blah blah blah.

The Daikyu is different, and is that a bad thing? what did you expect? a re-skinned Paris Prime? DE is simply taking a different approach to bows that the Crit God build path, I, Personally, think that this weapon is just fine

Sorry, but I don't think you really get how bad this bow is. Forget Dread or Paris Prime, this bow loses out in most (all?) situations against the MK-1 Paris bow you can get in the tutorial. While DPS on paper between those two is somewhat similar the MK-1 Paris will outdamage the Daikyu by a HUGE margin when it comes to enemies both bows can easily one-shot since it fires sooo much faster and also has the ability to fire without charging.

So this clan reasearch bow gets beaten by the tutorial bow and you think there is nothing wrong with that?

I put 6 formas on this thing it it sucks. Yea it can kill, but to put 6 formas on a bow that has a faster projectile speed at the cost of damage, and charge time is not worth it. I cannot believe I actually modded this. Put Speed trigger, Shred, Vile acceleration on this and the charge time is still slow. it's a terrible weapon. If I payed money for this I would be standing in the refund line. 

You people always fretting over stats and whether or not this weapon or that can 1 shot a heavy gunner late in a T4 defense and if it cant its trash blah blah blah.

The Daikyu is different, and is that a bad thing? what did you expect? a re-skinned Paris Prime? DE is simply taking a different approach to bows that the Crit God build path, I, Personally, think that this weapon is just fine, and sure it may fill a new role, but as a bow it's incredibly fun to play, and it looks amazing.

And at the end of the day, it's having fun playing the game that counts. And better yet, with a few forma, this can be quite the high-tier weapon.

So if DE deems in necessary to buff it a little, fine, that's alright by me, if not, fine. That's alright by me, I'll still be using this to pin baddies to walls.

Somebody didn't read my post thoroughly. Somebody mentioned the same thing earlier on this post, so I'll say it again for clarification. I said nothing about it blasting through t4's. But that's more so based around crazy balance issues due to infinite scaling, that's a WHOLE other topic that I really don't want to get into, but would like to save it for another post altogether. I want this to be specifically about the Daikyu. The weapon is indeed an incredibly attractive bow. And the path DE took to differentiate it from other crit based bows, awesome, loved the concept. But the bow as a whole, begs for improvement, NOT for trivializing the end game even further, but so it can actually have a fighting chance compared to it's cousin counter parts. We all know that once the hype for this bow has died down, people will gravitate back toward the p. Primes and Dreads because of better viability. Same reason why people haven't been trying the Redeemer or S&D lately. The amount of effort it took to craft them reflects their capabilities horribly, and the issue is adopted by the Daikyu. An amazing weapon that will not see a spot on any serious team. If it's for Fun or not, the bow is lacking.

I also hate the term "you people" it's degrading and generalizes an entire group based solely around prejudicial and stereotypical assumptions. If you can say you people in that manner of wording, I can say "you people" are the reasons things that needs to get buffed won't, and is perfectly fine with what is *is*. Believe it or not, this community has more power than you think. To simply say they'll choose to buff it, is entirely on DE's decision, but ultimately the community helps shape those decisions through feedback and personal experiences. What DE does on their dime is without a doubt THEIR decision, but to run a successful game, player feedback is crucial in a game's development and longevity. Look at the new Excalibur rework, if the community wasn't as vigilant as they were, we would still have a Super Jump that turned us invisible for 2 seconds if not less...

It shouldn't be buffed.  We just need super procs :3

Bows supposed to be stealth 1hit - 1kill weapons, while status at the other hand needs to proc at least once to benefit from it on a second hit which conflicts with the whole purpose of the bow.  

We're not asking for it to be the best bow in the game, to be max teir.  Not even high teir.  But just that it does something.  It make itself worthwhile to use and level and potato and forma over and over.  It doesn't have to be the best of the best to do that but it has to serve a function.  Right now it's a slow single target status weapon with three physical damage types on it and low crit.  That's awful.

It's not a damage weapon, every other bow and most other weapons in general far out strip it

It's not a status weapon, even the worst status weapons in the game can beat it.  It can't apply it's status to enough targets fast enough or reliably enough to be worth while.

It's not the specalist sniper that it was implied to be.  It's not a damage powerhouse that it looks and feels like it might be.

It's... pretty?

But that's about it

I really have to say that this hits the nail on the head. The thing is, if the Daikyu had the same critical rate as Dread and Paris Prime with no other changes, it would STILL be a unique style of weapon simply because of its charge mechanics. With a matching crit rate to go with the high status chance, it would have the niche of being the single-shot powerhouse whose incredible power is offset by its much slower fire rate.

The way it is now, it is ABSOLUTELY the worst of both worlds. Far too slow to be a status weapon, far, FAR too weak to be a damage weapon. 

I feel they could make the Daikyu better if they bring out a mod that makes weapons proc the elemental damages only. Cause there are weapons with "high status chance," but when u put your build on these weapons. It will proc the three base damage (Slash, Impact, Puncture) and not the elemental damage. So I was thinking why not bring out a mod that will guarantee the elemental damage and not to base damage when the weapon procs.

I feel they could make the Daikyu better if they bring out a mod that makes weapons proc the elemental damages only. Cause there are weapons with "high status chance," but when u put your build on these weapons. It will proc the three base damage (Slash, Impact, Puncture) and not the elemental damage. So I was thinking why not bring out a mod that will guarantee the elemental damage and not to base damage when the weapon procs.

But that shouldn't be a mod, that should be the mechanic for ALL weapon procs anyway if you have an element attached to your weapon. Cause if they do that, we'll be having the same issue we've had with augment mods. The fact that most of them are only band aiding the ability with an added one that should already be in the game. I don't want a rainbow proc of IPS, I want to have the elements that I have equipped to proc indefinitely with IPS proccing some of the time if not any.

I can deal with groups just fine, line em up and knock em down, rows of enemies dead, and if I can't handle that just bring out your secondary

But then you just end up relying on your secondary altogether. For instance, the Marelok has a faster fire rate and can possibly do more damage than it. AND it's a secondary...you'll just end up using it in later content.

Mediocore? not really. It is a good bow if you but time and effort into it. It is my favorite bow so far.

Isn't everything? The problem is it's inconsistent and can't even fit it's niche. It in now way competes with the Dread and Paris Prime, or even the Opticor which this weapon is just too damn identical too. 

Yes, a lot of things in this game are fine but that does not make the things that are fine okay

Pointless to harp on about "it's bad on T4 and level 60's and above" when you are not meant to go there in missions. And people, please spare me the usual "but what about Raids" since I've had teams come out with less then 20 kills each because of how they play those.

And yet we have rewards only obtainable in T4 Survivals and Defenses at around the 40 minute mark.  Try again. 

A lot of the "high tier" weapons are actually "ridiculous/game-breaking tier" and need to be toned down, if anything.  

Tbh many more than just high tier, i consider anything above 8k dps to be game breaking.

But then daikyu being worst bow in game is just ridiculous.

There's a serious problem with part of your argument: You are comparing a Non-Prime to a Prime and a Prime Equivalent. The Daikyu was never meant to compete on that same playing field as the Paris Prime or Dread. It's meant to compete with the non-prime bows.

Daikyu doesnt need a buff, its a status weapon like Marelok or Tysis

it just bothers me how many poeple think that status is a S#&$ stat

Status is only useful on certain types of weapons. Slow weapons that basically kill everything the devs determine to be within the properly balanced level range of the game in 1 to 2 shots have no business having high status.

Edited by Ceryk

Since the Daikyu is based on Japanese's traiditional Kyuudou, which emphasizes accuracy and you need to take your time aiming, I think the best way to improve it is to add some passive to it. For example, additional damage if you score a headshot with it and make the damage of the bow increase over time in that 5 seconds of holding maximum charge. That way I think the weapon can somewhat compete with other bows and still maintain the theme DE wants. 

And yet we have rewards only obtainable in T4 Survivals and Defenses at around the 40 minute mark.  Try again. 

Just chiming in here, rotations repeat after 20 minutes.

On topic, It needs opticor levels of damage.

Edited by rapt0rman

Since the Daikyu is based on Japanese's traiditional Kyuudou, which emphasizes accuracy and you need to take your time aiming, I think the best way to improve it is to add some passive to it. For example, additional damage if you score a headshot with it and make the damage of the bow increase over time in that 5 seconds of holding maximum charge. That way I think the weapon can somewhat compete with other bows and still maintain the theme DE wants.

Read the rework section of my post, it covers pretty much the exact thing you just said :)

There's a serious problem with part of your argument: You are comparing a Non-Prime to a Prime and a Prime Equivalent. The Daikyu was never meant to compete on that same playing field as the Paris Prime or Dread. It's meant to compete with the non-prime bows.

The problem is... the Daikyu is worse than EVERY bow, not just those two. It has the absolute lowest overall damage potential; lower than the Cernos and the (regular) Paris.

In fact, it's almost lower than the MK-1 PARIS. But it barely squeezes in at about the same damage level.

So no, it's not just Paris Prime and Dread that make this look like trash. It's every other bow and/or similar option in the game that does that.