Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Bleed Mechanic Is Such Humdrum.

Lancars

Excuse me? I lost my S#&$ after I read this... let's go back to the core.

I think he means what determines whether a bullet bleeds or not is completely up to RNGesus. I've had been bled by the first bullet that hit me when I came out of Iron Skin or Invisibility, which I think is rather silly.

I think he means what determines whether a bullet bleeds or not is completely up to RNGesus. I've had been bled by the first bullet that hit me when I came out of Iron Skin or Invisibility, which I think is rather silly.

Oh good. Isn't it just the weapon hitting you that causes the slash to appear? Most of the time on higher levels.

To me, I just think there should be math involved into it. 

Slash proc of Level of the enemy +1. Cap of 6.

10 = 1.

By the time you are fighting level 60 or 80+ slash has enough to get 6 seconds out of you. 1 thing this solves is at least proper scaling(lazy way) and it doesn't get abused by most grineers. Specially @ lower levels.

I have a feeling that everyone saying "Just don't get hit" either play Loki or Zeph most of the time, or they have no Idea how hitscan mechanics function.

Sometimes it's just unavoidable, stray bullets, life support cans, long cast animations on warframe abilities, etc. You can't always avoid being hit!

And with the way bleed works, healing can't and wont always save you from death. Even our health pizzas can't keep up with the damage per tic on bleed. And chances are that any caster frame will die from that bleed!

Anyways, I think that there are two solutions that would work nicely...

We could just make it so any active debuffs are removed by Health-Orbs / pizzas.

Or, we could just make it so you can't bleed to death (Eg: Stop @ 1hp) while your shields are active.

On that note: Forced mod / Frame usage to counter a basic mechanic is considered poor game design. (I won't back the claim about not having health Pizzas though, however, In their current state, they can't always save you from bleed procs)

rolling to remove Status

you know that.... parkour actions don't dispel Status, right?

they count down in seconds the same regardless. if you do a certain action which you can time perfectly to reduce the damage from a DoT - but you don't have time for that in the middle of Combat.

also, it would be swell if people would finish reading.

- it's possible to not have a Melee Weapon Equipped. there need to be enough methods to accommodate any combination or it needs to be completely Equipment independant.

- Ground Finishers aren't particularly Skill based. they're quite easy to pull off. Health gains from such an Attack would probably be... not so great to be balanced.

My opinion is that if bleeds are based on RNG (which obviously they currently are), that means we have literally no control over whether the bleed effect is applied on a hit that we take. Therefore, that extra damage should not be lethal. It can leave us at 1 hp even, but it shouldn't be lethal.

"Don't get hit" isn't a reasonable solution. Warframe is not based around "not getting hit" and so it isn't a reasonable expectation for all players. A large part of mod customization on our weapons and frames is based upon dealing with damage that we assume we will take.

I said this before and I said this again.

In the past, shields are good. Except toxins.

Except they were TOO good.

They had no downside. 

To get good health tank, most frames require a 26 point investment just to negate 40% to 50%+ of incoming damage.

And for some, armor is non-existent anyway. And health healing options are limited.

Hence in damage 1.0, it was shields all day.

The introduction of bleed procs affected the viability of the shields and most of that procs come not from the heavy units, but the swarms of crewmen or lancer pinging you till they get a lucky bleed proc. If you are a vet, no issue. If you are new, here comes the pain.

What I propose is that shields should act as a defense against procs.

A fully regenerated shield gives you 100% proc avoidance.

Note I said proc avoidance (not immunity), so knockdowns, flying through EMP door traps and lasers will still work against you.

For example if you got shot by a lancer.

Your shield went from 1000 hp to 900 hp.

Thus reducing your immunity to 90%.

He scores a proc.

You have a 90% chance of evading that proc.

If you get ping till 50% shield remaining aka 500 shield hp.

You only have 50% chance of avoiding the proc.

With 0 shields, all procs can take full effect.

Bleed is not the problem, it's a symptom.

The problem is DE's(a harmful generalization) ineptitude when it comes to matters of gameplay mechanics.

Pretty much NOTHING about Warframe makes much sense from a functional standpoint, and the entire mess if only functional on the basis of players being able to reduce the enemy health and a handful of "exploits" that aid thereof.

Bleed is not the problem, it's a symptom.

The problem is DE's(a harmful generalization) ineptitude when it comes to matters of gameplay mechanics.

They (also generalizing a fair bit) also rely too much on RNG in their mechanics so the game balance and skill ceiling is hogwash.

I know I'm being obvious but,

Don't get hit

How? Unless you go stealth from start to finish, some sort of damage is always unavoidable. Play any node or any Tower and show me how to not take damage to some sort of degree.

I dunno, if you're playing Limbo I don't see the problem. Smack an enemy with Life Strike once or twice and then riftwalk—now you're immune to further damage and you're regenning energy. Yeah, if you're running around using energy channel constantly, it gets expensive, but if you have to hit an enemy more than a few times to refill your hp you might need to rethink your melee mods. I use Dual Zoren mostly, not the hardest-hitting weapon around, and I can heal up most of my frames in very few strikes.

And if all else fails, run around a corner and drop a pad. The tools for dealing with bleeds are near at hand, you just have to use them.

I remember seeing this somewhere but why not juat remove ALL IPS status effects. IPS damage will still exist, but they wouldn't proc anymore. This makes status weapons better, removes the BS slash damage along with the useless puncture and impact procs for everyone. toxic damage going through health is ok though since all of those are actually avoidable, unlike slash.

Everone whining about Bleed Mechanics but when you manage to Proc Bleed in a level 100 Tech/Napalm...

We shouldn't need to rely on the bleed procs to kill high level enemies, and neither should the enemies rely on them to kill us.