Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Superiority....

LegendarySaxGuy

"

This sigil represents the pinnacle of mastery within the Tenno.  

–In-Game Description

The Mastery Sigil is a limited-edition Sigil granted to players from November 14, 2014 to November 26, 2014. This Sigil dynamically changes design based off the player's Mastery Rank."

i really dont know HOW it was gained, as I have it but some of my clanmates dont.

I think we just logged in for it.

I would like if you elaborate on weapons locked behind MR and how its a bad idea (your opinion). Do you think all weapons that currently have MR locks should get removed? Everything should be obtainable at MR 0? I think mastery rank locked weapons is the way to go but I think the MR system need to get a rework first.

Some of the Issues that I have ran into was I am too strong for new players and want to try a speed up the grind as fast as possible. This results into me killing everything and new players lose in fun in the game due to my overwhelming amount of power. If they where matched up with players their own strength then they would have more fun.

My issue is that I like a challenge(people my rank who can keep up with me) I tend to have alot more fun with people my own rank or close to it because its not just me getting all the kills. After thousands of hours playing this game I just dont feel like carrying people anymore and just want to play with people that can hold their own weight when I do a mission.

Sorry, left off a word.  I intended to say that weapons should not be locked behind high MR requirements.

MR 2 takes 10k, MR 6 takes 90k while MR 15 takes 562k.  According to steam achievement statistics, only 1.9% of players have reached MR 15.  1.4% have reached MR 30 with an achievement unlocker, so around half of one percent are MR 15 or higher.  Admittedly it's not the best place to get a statistic, but it shows the MR 15+ population is small.  It would be bad business to make a really cool gun and only allow half a percent of players the chance to use it.

It could be for each mastery rank you get a weapon or skin as reward.Then lower ranks would love to higher their mastery ranks.I think in every game its this way and its fine.

This whole superiority thing is crap.We dont must feel better or whatever.

I would like to have a reward for achieving a mastery goal as motivation boost.Thats all.

Maybe all 5 ranks something special.

Edited by K0bra

why? Its because 90% or more of the weapons are collectible items, when compared to end game weapons, those weapons are completely useless. Leveling those useless weapons is what collectors do, for the rest of us its just a waste of time and ignore it altogether. That means climbing to a higher MR rank is not possible, unless you want to waste ur time.

If you want to raise you MR then doing what is required to achieve that is not a waste of your time.

I've climbed the MR ladder for two reasons: first so I could have something to do, and second because leaving all the content achievable at the bottom 1/3 of a ranking system is kinda dumb. It'd be like beating the elite four in pokemon with a team that's level 20 (without hacks).

Along the way I've found some 'sucky' guns were really fun while some 'great' guns were such obnoxious wastes of pixels I don't know how anyone would consider putting a potato in them.

Don't you want another excalibur prime too? The mastery sigil is enough, you are MR19 like me, the sigil isn't enough for you? And the more syndicate points? And what about more loadouts slots? 

Real im MR17 and wish i was here for excal prime and the sigil

One of the massive appeals of this game is the genuinely F2P nature of the game. You can get anything (excluding founders) should you play long enough. You may be new, but you will not be gated. That's a facet that draws players in. Any player that reaches MR(currently)19 deserves every bit as much as you do for reaching MR19. Your age is shown by sigils and emblems, and your skill is shown in-game.

In short, you have everything already that will set you apart as an older player. New players graduate and become old players. That's how progression works.

how did no one else plus this man comment these are Golden Words

You know what?  The intention of the topic was good, even though it wasn't worded in the best way.

Yes, there does need to be a gap between veteran and new players.  Do you go around picketing for that stuff and saying that MR15 +  should have special thingies for themselves only?  No, why would you do that.

There is not a lot of a sense of progression in warframe, I feel.  It's true that once you reach rank 8, there is little to no purpose to rank up any more than that because you don't unlock any weapons.  The only things you gain are a couple of extra loadout slots.  Why is this a bad thing?  Well, it's not exactly a bad thing.  It just makes the other 11 ranks after rank 8 completely pointless.  No sense of progression, no want of progression (unless you're an achievement whorker like me) and thus your interest in the game slowly spirals out of conrol.  

How do you keep players intersted in the game?  How do you keep new players in a position where they don't feel like they can't progress?  Honestly, I really do think that adding weapons into higher mastery ranks would help the game a lot.  The funny thing is, dragon nikana isn't the most powerful melee weapon in the game anymore.  Rather, scindo prime is, and I believe scindo prime can be unlocked at mastery rank 4.  Spread out the weapons, but don't put too many good weapons in mastery ranks that can be hard to achieve.  Take for instance, jat kittag.  This is a weapon that deserves its mastery rank.  It does very good damage, its aoe slam can be incredibly helpful to new players to manage crowd control, and the best part is that it's at mastery rank 5 when you unlock it!  This is a perfect sense of progression, and it is the kind of progression I can get behind.  Because it made the game so much more fun for me when I was working for something really cool.

Sorry, left off a word.  I intended to say that weapons should not be locked behind high MR requirements.

MR 2 takes 10k, MR 6 takes 90k while MR 15 takes 562k.  According to steam achievement statistics, only 1.9% of players have reached MR 15.  1.4% have reached MR 30 with an achievement unlocker, so around half of one percent are MR 15 or higher.  Admittedly it's not the best place to get a statistic, but it shows the MR 15+ population is small.  It would be bad business to make a really cool gun and only allow half a percent of players the chance to use it.

im not sure how accurate that is since not every player who plays warframe uses steam to play warframe, and secondly not sure if that rank 30 one is true , thought the highest rank achievable with all current weapons including event weapons was mr 19

Mastery Rank Rewards sounds like a good idea - Reward because you spent money an subsequently got a higher Mastery Rank…. well that would be an expected outcome wouldn't it? It would be nice If we got more than just a number, load out slot, sigil change and in lower level weapons unlocked. Maybe some kind of end game weapon or passive ability that you could put on one select Warframe.

Who deserves what and how they got it in game doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Who cares if you pressed 4 in Dreco and got to MR 18 by doing nothing. If you end up in my squad only because you are MR 18 and are not skilled, the only fault for that is on me for picking you.

The Bigger problem/question in my mind is;

I don't know how DE is gonna pull off more content to rank up mastery ranks as high as the ones indicated in the Tenno Relay. Unless they are going to continue to drop filler collectable weapons like those in the event. It will take forever for the game to reach even MR 25 at the current rate leveling.

What do you think? Can I get number crunch real quick? Ahhhh ya ge-me a sec… Im coming up with 32.33 Ahh repeating.. of course percentage of Warframe survival.

LEEEEEROY JENKINS!

Edited by 5nak3Doctor

im not sure how accurate that is since not every player who plays warframe uses steam to play warframe, and secondly not sure if that rank 30 one is true , thought the highest rank achievable with all current weapons including event weapons was mr 19

I'm aware of the other client to play it, I don't think there are as many players that use that compared to steam.  You are misunderstanding on the second part.

M9GdKNU.png

The 1.4% of people are cheaters that used a hack to unlock all achievements.  So 1.9% (+ 0.1%) - 1.4% (+ 0.1%) = 0.5% (+ 0.2%)

They should give stronger weapons with High MR lock like 10-13-15 ,for ex. tonkor,most recent + prty good weapon should have been high MR locked,or even Syn Gammacor Should have been high MR locked and it would never get nerfed! 

cuz ppl achieving stuff easily-never valor it,you should deserve that boltor and soma!

but since DE cares to much about $_$ ,they will never do such things,cuz ppl with money won't waste their time! I assume this is DE's way of thinking!

Edited by doping91

No. Mastery is a pointless, mind-numbing grind to many players. Forcing me to play with weapons I have no interest just to make a number go up is a poor way to retain players. The current system is okay, because you can pick and chose the weapons you like, think are cool, think are good, want to try out, etc. and reach the MR needed to do anything of consequence (MR 10 or 11 for the third extractorc). Anything more than that is, and should be, nothing more than a $&*^waving number. I don't want to have to buy dozens of S#&$ty weapons, max 'em and toss 'em just to use a gun that's actually fun. Using old, crap guns amounts to one of a couple of things; you sat around in an XP farm all day, the weapon sat on your back unused while it leached XP while you played normally, or you actually played with the weapon for a few days. The first is meaningless grind; there's no challenge, you haven't proven anything other than your ability to grind. The second makes the weapon pointless; using all hundred-odd weapons doesn't mean anything if you still only use a dozen of them, and the rest just sat around. The last is a chore if you don't like self-imposed challenges. Some people find using 'bad' weapons and making them semi-viable fun. The rest of us don't.

Also; if you make it so that everyone has to be MR 19 (or whatever the newest max is), then you won't be able to show off your 'superior' numbers. It'll be just like being level-capped in any other MMO; is anyone impresses by you being level 90 (or whatever the current cap is) in WoW?

This is what happens when people let Mastery go to their head too much.

It's not a tool to use to demand respect.
It's not something that makes you better skilled than other people.
There are already too many that try and use their MR as an excuse to insult people,  we don't need to add to it.

Sounds pathetic, but it happens more often than not. 

So, no. (and I'm up there)

I generally disagree with the tone of this post, but I do think there should be more incentives to go above MR8.  Loadout slots and the ability to launch more extractors are nice, but more mastery-exclusive stuff would be a good bonus, too.

More mastery-ranked missions would be a good idea, and more equipment should be mastery-locked, especially prime stuff.  Soma is MR6 locked but Soma Prime has no barrier at all.  I understand that the prime equipment is not locked out with Mastery Rank for those who purchased Prime Access, but there's gotta be a way to "grandfather" those folks in and let everyone else earn these powerful weapons themselves.

That said, the mastery ranks (at least based on the Sanctuary) go up to 30, so I figure De will put something good in eventually, aside from just a sigil. 

I agree with OP in some way, let me explain

In every day life you see people who are managers and some who are officers and some who are country heads, everyone have their own set of perks and privileges, higher tier ppl have more compared to low tier ppl, this is how the system works and this encourages ppl to run the extra mile , to progress towards that point and achieve it.

Op wants to feel special and there is no harm and stating that , in fact op has got some balls when he is coming out in front of everyone and telling that he wants to be treated special cuz of his amount of hours and hard work he has put into the game.

Everyone wants to feel special in their life, those who say otherwise are the biggest hypocrites

> ure better half wants to feel special

> ure kids wants to feel special

>ure parents want to feel special

> ure employee wants to feel special

ALL because they have worked hard and want to be appreciated. SO STOP THROWING HATE at him/her  

I think a good way to feel special about mastery would be to Make the mastery number Bigger and Specialer on everyone's profile icon (but dont cover up profile pic).

Edited by Wawazat

and i feel so funny when i look at low Mr ppl complaining that HEY MR means nothing .... all i can say to them is grow up guys, saying that is as arrogant as stating hey your Masters Degree means nothing  

MR in warframe is like a certificate as LOTUS before every test tells you Y SHE IS TESTING YOU

MR doesn't means anything

source: MR 19 player with every frame/weapon/sentinel/sentinel weapon/kubrow/archwing/archgun/archmelee maxed

MR doesn't really mean anything, I agree.  I wouldn't mind seeing that changed, though.  More perks/incentives for me to continue using the older weapons that I would otherwise not even try.

edit: source - MR15 player who hasn't tried everything, but wouldn't mind seeing some more perks for higher-ranked players.

Edited by (PS4)IkariWarrior83

IMO, good Incentive are:

1) More warframe/weapon/sentinel slot  (couple of free slot so you can level up more weapons)

2) Reduce Foundry Time (-5% or so)

Of course DE can just divide those reward each MR

Ex:

R1 weap slot

R2 wf slot

R3 Sentinel slot

R4 -1% foundry

R5 weap slot

R6 weap slot

R7 wf slot

R8 -2% foundry

and so on

DE can also reward a forma or potatoes or cores (maybe legendary :P)

Edited by Hueminator

Im a master founder as well and i gave all that up to start over fresh with all these new updates after about a year of not playing. Not a big deal. I have a rank 5 or so Excalibur prime that i dont even use. Just sitting there.

(With excal 2.0 I would love actually to get my founder items switched to my new account... but oh Well, my new account is far superior)

You do get more things as a high MR player, reputation that can be earned and simulacrum enemy lvl are examples.

Locking stuff behind a MR19 wall is just not the way to go.

Edited by KIREEKPSO