Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On A Prime Access Shop?

Z3ROWOLFHD

Atm, I am niether for nor against this idea. I do however have a question.

Should DE also include a conversion process for P to $? Or would it be "cash" only?

If this system is implemented at $5, $10 or $50= 1000p. Its pretty easy to make 1000p in a couple of trades....... 

We should also bring back, the excal proto skin, and the Nyx Nemesis skin, and every other weapon, such as the Snipertron Vandal, AND WE SHOULD BRING BACK EXCALIBER PRIME, AND WE SHOULD BRING BACK Bunny ears, and We should bring back every other thing that was exclusive to those who have not been able to purchase because at the time they didn't have the disposable income to do so. ALSO ALL THE MODS, AND EVERYTHING!!!!!?!?!?!?

Look, if people would budget better you can do what you want in life. :3 I'm sorry but 90 days for prime access, you had a huge chance, you can watch the news feed, you can watch the facebook pages, twitter, etc. There are so many sources to remind you that your $50.00 for accessories is budget-able. So you might not be able to go out to eat as many times a month as you like, but for one month you could have that chance to get something that you really enjoy.

That being said, I would not be against having more of these accessories in a primed access shop, but access is access if DE wants to change it, that is their doing. It's a double edge sword, you can please those who have already had access, can't please those who can't obtain access. That's why it's exclusives. Everyone has a shared opportunity chance, some people use it more than others. I'm just getting tired of people making posts of haves and have nots.

tumblr_inline_nd9niuLlcL1ro6yaz.gif

Edited by ChloeSakuna

Ehh...nah. 

Prime Access is a way to support the game in a large payment rather than micro transactions. Those of us who get the prime packs? We kinda deserve the exclusiveness of the prime cosmetics.

$140 is quite a drop in cash for a free to play game. Even if you buy just the cosmetics it's a $50 investment for shiny armor/scarf/etc. And then you have to add on the fact that if someone misses a prime pack? The next round that something shiny comes up they're more likely to grab it and not miss out again. Otherwise they'd repackage the previous prime accessories.

Exclusiveness sells.

Coming from someone who has been playing less than a year's time, I feel like I've missed out on a lot of things. Founder's Access, all of the Vandals, Wraiths, and other event-exclusive weapons and items (cough cough Quantum Badge), and, of course, all of the sweet Prime accessories from Prime Accesses past. I started playing Warframe right as Nyx Prime access was making its way onto the servers. Still, I wasn't fully aware of stuff like time-limited Prime accessories or anything like that, but I got tired of using Excalibur and so I bought the full Nyx Prime access; a risky move for a newbie player. 

Eventually, I learned more about Prime Access, including about all of the ones I had missed out on. Even to this day I am still salty about not having the Prime Sentinel accessories; it's why I refuse to use my Wyrm Prime because he just looks so terrible without them. And yes, the Misa Syandana is something to be coveted by all.

But to get back to the point of this thread, I don't think that bringing back Prime accessories is a good idea. I am in no way being elitist, because I have no grounds to stand on. I feel that Prime accessories, sort of like Founder's Access, are a visible symbol of how long people have been playing this game, as well as how much they love it and are willing to put actual money into it. These accessories are something that the players can put on their Warframes to literally show off. That's what cosmetics are for; they're to make you look good. But unlike the market cosmetics, the Prime accessories are there to not only be different from the platinum-bought ones, but they're there to show other players "Hey, I was playing this game since Ember Prime was released; I have the Syandana to prove it," or "I have been playing this game since it started, and I am so happy to have this Excalibur Prime and these sweet sigils."

This isn't a matter of luxury; this, to me, is a matter of giving people a taste of Founder's Access in a way, allowing them to buy timeline-exclusive items to remind themselves and to show everyone else that they have been in this game for X amount of time and that they love the game enough to put money into it.

So no, in short, I don't support the return of Prime accessory items. It would completely take away a special status and feeling from those that have been playing this game for a lot longer than I and many others have. It wouldn't be right to have those accessories available to just anyone.

But like I said, this is all an opinion from someone who hasn't even played for a full year yet. Take it as you will.

I've bought every Prime accessories pack since Rhino Prime and I honestly wouldn't have a problem with the idea so long as the person paid the equivalent amount I did.

They're cosmetics, for Christ's sake. They have no effect on the game, and cost nothing to run, so I fail to see the problem with them being sold again in a shop or otherwise, other than people wanting to show their E-peen and feel like a special snowflake over everyone else.

Edited by Hochstepanzerjager

This is hilarious.

Continue.

OP I suggest you reword some of your replies. I get what you are trying to say but others may not.

I do not think you should be able to buy PA accessories individually. It's like this:

Say you own this shop that offers special shiny potatoes but to get them you have to but 2 bottles of tabasco sauce along with 1 kilogram of taters. Now how would your customers who bought it feel if you offered the potatoes again but this time other people could buy one at a time and skip the tabasco sauce?

You essentially ripped them off.

Prime access packs could definitely come back but let them stay as packs. Exactly worth what originally they were sold as at exactly same package.

As for people saying PA exclusives cannot come back, please. Show me where it says that. Gib me the SAUCE NAOW!

Ah and OP please keep cool and do't flame people who oppose your ideas no matter how frustrated you are.

Peace!

I think people should be fine with that!

Where would we be getting ripped off? He's not suggesting they get 90 day Credit and Affinity boosters with it, like we did when we bought it.

Just the item itself.

Edited by Hochstepanzerjager

I've bought every Prime accessories pack since Rhino Prime and I honestly wouldn't have a problem with the idea so long as the person paid the equivalent amount I did.

They're cosmetics, for Christ's sake. They have no effect on the game, and cost nothing to run, so I fail to see the problem with them being sold again in a shop or otherwise, other than people wanting to show their E-peen and feel like a special snowflake over everyone else.

Yep, I want that really bad &#! armor now that i have money 2 buy it!

So back awhile ago I seriously contemplated getting the Targis Armor Set, and now I seriously wish I had gotten it.

[size=7]Then you should have gotten it.[/size]

[size=7]The end.[/size]

Edited by LazerSkink

Hint hint: read the "China hasn't even been able to get the game, more money for DE, more happiness for players who didn't have the ability to take the chance" Also don't be a rude @(*()$ elitist.

Elitists like you who think that cosmetics should be "exclusive" is a joke. Let someone else enjoy it just as much as you did.

Its one thing to think that stuff like Excalibur Prime should stay exclusive (it should) but another to think a shiny armor set should be exclusive to people who A) Knew about the game or B) Had money for the game

Kinda the exact same thing, just saying.

Are you serious about saying that these "rough estimates" are fine ? Really ?

I've read it properly and i am criticising it based on rough estimated OP has given us. At these estimates..... in best case scenario it's five times cheaper.( if you think that $50 PA accessory sells for $10). That's just not acceptable by any stretch. Why the hell do we buy PAs for $50 when others can get the same goodies for far cheaper ?

I would support OPs idea if the prices were the same as the PAs prices.

Are you stupid or are you just going along with this joke of an idea ?

I am going along with the idea of bringing PA back, not for the prices he suggested. That is for DE to decide, our suggestions doesn't matter in this.

Sure Misa Syandana 5$ when people have paid it 140$..OP don't waste time posting ridiculous request on the forum, forget the Mysa and Targis and grab the Edo Prime Armor Set now when you still can.

Edited by -SkT-GarethJax

I've missed the Ember Prime, Rhino Prime and the Loki Prime Accessories, it never came to my mind to ask for that accessories back.

You are asking to have them back, discounted too?

As i said there is a great good looking armor right now for sale, or you want to complain, 1 day after the end of this PA, for the release of the Edo Prime Armor for 20$?

Ignoring all the reasonable posts must be hard work.

Rotate the same packs costing $50. No discounts. No sold separate BS ripping off PA customers. No in-game currency price. Just $50 and it's equivalent in other currencies.

There's no way in hell DE would support an outrageous suggestion like the one in the OP.

How about we just.. reintroduce them in the same bundles they came with (i.e the cosmetics + boosters etc.) BUUUTT

(wait for it...)

People can buy them anytime they like? Its like a shop available 24/7.

No ripping people off..no one complaining, it'll be perfect!

"Will the Exclusive items be available in-game after a new pack is available?

No. The Exclusive items in Prime Access are Exclusive to the Prime Access Program. You may see them rotated within the Program but they will not be made available in-game"

Though I do remember an image of a pm going around from someone that asked Drew about access exclusives coming back, and Drew said they weren't. 

Found it:

7gVlG7f.jpg

So looks to be right now, they aren't coming back but they have the possibility to come back if DE chooses but only in another Prime Access. 

I wouldn't make it a regular shop where people can just buy anything at any time. Part of it is the business model and what motivates people to buy. When things are available for a limited time, it creates urgency to buy it compared to when the thing is available any time. Many businesses do this like Disney with their movie vault and fast food chains with their limited-time only sandwiches. Theses companies have a mix of products available in different way; some are always available and some are available for a limited time and some never come back (usually because they didn't sell well enough). The rotation also creates anticipation for the next time it is released. Maybe DE can do a rotation.

Atm, I am niether for nor against this idea. I do however have a question.

Should DE also include a conversion process for P to $? Or would it be "cash" only?

If this system is implemented at $5, $10 or $50= 1000p. Its pretty easy to make 1000p in a couple of trades....... 

I would make it cash only. DE has to manage the economy in the game to ensure that players are happy and so that DE makes enough money so that Warframe survives and is profitable. I see Baro the void trader as a way to mitigate people trading for plat and never buying any by giving players a way to convert sellable items into some sellable and non-sellable items.

I don't normally snag PA packs but this idea is not good purely because Prime Access features limited time items that will never be available again, making them available again is like saying a piece of candy was priced at $50 but was never available again and is now a collectors item but the company went and brought it out again in a large quantity for a measly price of $3-$6.

How would the candy collectors feel if they spent something so rare and valuable only to be made available again for a lower price for people who missed it and are asking for it just because they want it.

Edited by Hisophonic