The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Melee Kubrows?

GridBurn

Exemplifies the flaws in Melee 2.0. Combos are cool and all (yet unlikely to be used unless they're easy / deal more damage), but being able to aim my hit up or down as you can do with melee blocking would be nice. As would charge attacks being with it instead of 4 major updates later and channelling being useful.

Edited by Blackout751

If you find hard to kill them, you need some more melee practice or better gear.

Please don't spread incorrect information. It has nothing to do with anyone's personal skill, and everything to do with the fact that a number of melee attacks for various weapons simply can't hit something as small and low to the ground as a kubrow.

Just use whips (scoliac) or sticks (tipedo, orthos, tonbo) and with (a big plus) Primed Reach.

Didn't try with Serro.

I use Loki for his decoy. It's full of advantages, you can set where is your battlefield, to put where is not a slope.

Send a decoy right at the dogs then get him back to your location (at distance from the nest) then beat the dogs to death while you're inv, for better dmg.

Don't go in combo mode. It's useless, too slow to kill.

Edited by Kaminaught

Primed reach or reach will solve your problem, but you're also not doing much damage because the kubrows start having armor increase as you get closer to 300, their health becomes orange and become harder to kill in general.

The reason why Ash is so good for this mission or Saryn is because Corrosive damage is good against armor and Ash has armor ignore. So it's not exactly just your melee's problem, you're doing paper cut damage also because of the buff the enemy gets. Try running a regular mission and you'll notice they're super easy to kill again.

i can understand the OP and the hitboxes since my first run i used my orthos prime and was missing a lot due to the hit box (and that was me on top of them). so the next mission i switched to my dragon nikana and it was fine since i was doing a ton of sweeping strikes. but the should really fix melee in being able to strike in ALL directions not just forward.

Lol guys did you even read? He's talking about the fact that Kubrow hitbox is really small, and the great part of melee weapons don't allow to direct melee attack in any direction (except for forward). That's the same problem that happens when fighting on stairs. 

This.

Happens to me a lot.

So it's not exactly just your melee's problem, you're doing paper cut damage also because of the buff the enemy gets. Try running a regular mission and you'll notice they're super easy to kill again.

Not perfectly accurate. Feral Kubrows have a LOT of Ferrite armour, making them much tougher than any Grineer you find on Earth.

That said, killing them is not hard at all, it's hitting them that's hard.

Feral Kubrows have had trouble with their melee hitboxes since their introduction.

Certain weapons, especially daggers and knuckles, can barely hit them, and even bigger weapons are fairly inconsistent. Even Infested crawlers, which are way smaller than the Kubrows, are easier to hit. Bring my Sheev to fight Infested, kill everything no problem. But use it against Kubrows, and suddenly I can't hit anything.

The only way I could ever manage to kill any Kubrows with the Furax was to use slam attacks, and then run around doing ground finishers on them before they got back up. Otherwise I could barely hit them at all.