Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, You Killed My Best Friend, Twice.

PrivateRiem

Well then, THAT'S the whole story; well put together Riem, glad i could hear/read it all in one sitting ^__^ .

90% of me says you should get Messi back

10% of me says i'll never hear the end of this one on my ship XD

And i have to agree that the DNA destabilization is probably the only reason i don't have a kubrow out at all times.

They need to remove the darned perma death part of kubrows if you haven't logged in or in OPs case cannot. This is only single aspect of this game that has this and it has no place in this game what so ever imo. Remove it, thanks.

Edited by fizbit

They need to remove the darned perma death part of kubrows if you haven't logged in or in OPs case cannot. This is only single aspect of this game that has this and it has no place in this game what so ever imo. Remove it, thanks.

#1: Incubator upgrade is coming.

#2: DE is not responsible for maintaining your in-game meta life, real life, your computer health or your personal health.

Stop requesting things based on events outside or beyond the Dev's ability to control.

Stop requesting things based on events outside or beyond the Dev's ability to control.

Tell me, what is the point of this mechanic then. Is it supposed to teach people responsibility? In a video game people play for fun? Really?

W/e man, I don't really care about kubrows but I can see how others do. This perma death/maintance mechanic feels completely out of place in this game compared to every thing else. Imagine the outrage if they applied same thing your weapons and frames as well.

Edited by fizbit

my first kubrow was a tall and fat raksa. i called him Meatshield. he forever pissed me off. scaring away my enemies, positioning his fat head in my crosshairs at critical moments and attacking the stalker when he pops absorb just so he can die. he has been in stasis for a long time now.

Ares, my tall athletic sahasa has grown on me. he looks exactly like ur tall athletic version of Messi. i prefer this build over the fat ones. i like him cause he digs up free stuff. he still sticks his fat head in my crosshairs sometimes but as long as he gives me energy orbs he can hang with me.

while im not emotionally invested in him, he does have 4 formas and a potato. i would be seriously pissed if he died. i check on him occasionally and stories like urs allow me to think forward and stasis him if im gonna be away. my condolences

Dude, it's just a game. They don't deserve love.

"Just a game".

A video game can be someone's only outlet and when the outlet is taken away after hours upon HOURS of hard work to be proud of something, then they feel loss.

What if you lost your outlet?

This is the core problem IMO

Kubrows are the only thing that PENALIZE you for not playing. Sure, you may also miss potatoes, events and timed stuff while not playing, but that's more like "you don't play, you don't progress".

"Just a game".

A video game can be someone's only outlet and when the outlet is taken away after hours upon HOURS of hard work to be proud of something, then they feel loss.

What if you lost your outlet?

Videogames are my outlet. If I lost it I would be distraught.

-but we're talking about a virtual doggie IN a game. I'm not saying he should be upset, I would be too, but this thread is entirely overly dramatic.

This isn't just forum advice for OP, this is life advice. I could only hope that the OP doesn't actually feel this strongly about the Kubrow when off the forum.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Videogames are my outlet. If I lost it I would be distraught.

-but we're talking about a virtual doggie IN a game. I'm not saying he should be upset, I would be too, but this thread is entirely overly dramatic.

This isn't just forum advice for OP, this is life advice. I could only hope that the OP doesn't actually feel this strongly about the Kubrow when off the forum.

Not really overly-dramatic.

What about "professional" video game players, who actually make their money off of it? What if they lost content that they worked hard to get that their subscribers expected them to get, then they lose followers and lose money? Nothing is too small to ignore.

OP needs some compensation.

*bursts into tears* thats so sad! DE...please help the kubrows! 

Just by giving a digital pet a name, can make it so much more personal.... You can grow attached to a online pet, because you cared for it, naming it, and just spending time with it. (Yes i know it sounds cheesy, but bear with me ok?)

Edited by FrozenStickerHD

Messi, at the time U16 launched, only had 1 imprint used. After he became visually bugged, I was afraid that making another imprint would keep the changed bodytype. This means I don't even have enough genetic material to clone it. I already used both of Messi's mother imprints to make Messi, so I have only one imprint of the bulk type left.

I'm waiting on an answer to my support ticket before seeing if I should make build a new dog altogether or use Messi's mother, even though she's nowhere near the size of her son and is a Raksa instead of a Huras.

Not very nice at all considering you are spending your hard earned cash on some plat and playing the game. If I was head of customer services I'd just give you a new doggy with the colour and size you wanted.

I am trying to breed myself but the templates really are still random. I've not once had a colour or pattern move over to the new breed. In my case it only takes from the first template and nothing else.  So if you're going to re do all the hassles of mixing templates again then you're probably better off spending 600p for the kubrow you want, if you can that is. 

Somehow there's no function on the Liset where you can instruct Ordis to apply DNA Stabilizers that are available or send it to stasis if it's under critical health.

DE can't allow for something like that which would make sense in the long run to take place. To have it set up where Ordis takes care of your Kubrow while you are offline and put it into stasis if you run out of stabilizers before you log back on would require more work on the coders and more money. Sure, it would cause more folks to actually USE kubrows instead of: just making them, leveling them to 30, then either stasis / consign them, but why give players more incentive to play with kubrows?

I read this and at first thought you were talking about a real dog/person/pet. If your kubrows look meant that much to you, should've made an imprint(or two). While the idea of having to maintain the Kubrow is a really really dumb idea, it's something you have to work with and you need to plan ahead for, my computer died once I lost my kubrow but I kept a spare imprint so I have the same thing again.

Edited by Dremen_Vex

And this is why DE should never have implemented those damned DNA stabilizers. 

I know we have S#&$ tons of credits and resources (<yes that was sarcasm, that is not>) but there was no freaking need to use kubrows as a constant credit/resource drain. 

Edited by Invalid_Infinity