Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, You Killed My Best Friend, Twice.

PrivateRiem

DE, save my dog. Please.

That's one of the saddest little gaming related stories I've ever heard.  #firstworldproblems and all that, but you have my sympathies, I'd be sorta heartbroken in such a situation too.  It's only a virtual toy, but the emotions can be quite real, because you've built up a joint biography over many missions, and the virtual toy feels real to some primitive part of the brain.

I remember when City of Heroes was cancelled, I felt very sad about my roster of superheroes I'd lovingly created and spent time with and had lots of fun with.  It was emotional, and of course one knows the difference between a game and reality (and real friends, real pets), but it still counts for something because of the time and effort you've put into it.

Those who laugh at this sort of thing are forgetting that DE spend oodles of resources trying to make the game feel real.  Some people get into that side of it more than others, but this player is doing exactly what DE would like them to do, get immersed in the virtual world they've created.

I remember similar kinds of to-and-fro in EVE Online.  In that game, you lose ships and stuff you've built up fairly regularly, everyone does, and it bites.  It's supposed to bite, and the trick is just to man up and get over it - but even then, it still bites a bit, it still feels a bit real, otherwise there would be no joy in "killing" other players, and no excitement in avoiding "death" yourself.

Edited by Omnimorph

I am soup deeply sarry for your loss, my friend. I hope you can still pull through though. If you ever need help through your rough times, the community will always be here for you.

May Messi Rest In Pepperonis.

Fixed it for you :c

Edited by Peemy

I would seriously like to know why the OP never simply used a second computer to log into Warframe and put the Kubrow into Stasis.

Even getting a mate computer to send a simple email to DE support telling them that his PC was out of commision, so he was going to lose the Kubrow would have been enough to set a timeline to get DE to possibly "revive" the dog.

Even if my entire house exploded, I'd send an email from my phone to DE and inform them of a possible "Kubrow death" from inaction and see what they said. If the response was "we don't care", I still find it hard to believe that I would be unable to find ONE computer I could install Warframe on for 5 minutes just to stasis the damn thing.

DE should've realized that there wasn't much overlap between the people who want to play a pet simulator and the people who would have animals fight cyborgs and robots.

Moreover, there's simply no reason for a permadeath state in a monetized game. I'm assuming the OP didn't pay for everything, but it would be possible for someone to spend several hundred plat only for the game to say "too long since your last login, so your Kubrow was deleted". It's simply not defensible. What if Warframes and weapons got deleted if they were left unattended or not put in some special condition state? People would be angry--and rightly so--when they lost items to situations just like the OP's, so I don't understand why it becomes okay with Kubrows.

I find this to be a fair free-to-play for the most part, but the Kubrow mess, if it were a standalone game, would be something I'd consider a blatant cash-grab and little else.

I would seriously like to know why the OP never simply used a second computer to log into Warframe and put the Kubrow into Stasis.

Even getting a mate computer to send a simple email to DE support telling them that his PC was out of commision, so he was going to lose the Kubrow would have been enough to set a timeline to get DE to possibly "revive" the dog.

Even if my entire house exploded, I'd send an email from my phone to DE and inform them of a possible "Kubrow death" from inaction and see what they said. If the response was "we don't care", I still find it hard to believe that I would be unable to find ONE computer I could install Warframe on for 5 minutes just to stasis the damn thing.

I don't really have any IRL friends that play Warframe. I also don't have any IRL friends that live close by. I also had no idea my kubrow was out of stasis. (Now that I think about it, I probably took it out of stasis just to take my "startrek" screenshot, which is even worse)

I'm not the most social of persons. (And I don't have internet on my phone)

Edited by PrivateRiem

Degen  has always sucked , and DE need to prioritize their  focus on fun ,  not on player grind wheeling  - and punishing players for using  a piece of gear . a piece of gear that we have come to emotionally invest can be lost forever , too much for most people 

Good thing it's getting changed in U17.

Oh look, DE's prioritizing on fun, how shocking.

Good thing it's getting changed in U17.

Oh look, DE's prioritizing on fun, how shocking.

they didn't say that the degen is getting removed ; just that u pay/ quest for a way to stop your dogs from perm-death  via auto cryo ,  which  is such a bad answer to the degen issue   

and vargras u been here long enough to know that dev stream promises are more idea , and spur of the moment thoughts ,  than actual plans 

Well, altlest you loved your pet, I did not, I just bread them and KILLED them one by one until I got the one I wanted, the Protector one.

Yes, I spent an hole week, breading them, from a wee-little puppy, then I left them to die on missions and DNA and I took logs, recordings and data-information of how long they took to die.

Im still baffled they actually thought that killing our dogs was a  good idea. like you are either there to send them into stasis or feed them stabilizers. or you are unlucky and cant do those things. such a system will most of the time cause stories as this one. great idea DE...

Im still baffled they actually thought that killing our dogs was a  good idea. like you are either there to send them into stasis or feed them stabilizers. or you are unlucky and cant do those things. such a system will most of the time cause stories as this one. great idea DE...

Somehow there's no function on the Liset where you can instruct Ordis to apply DNA Stabilizers that are available or send it to stasis if it's under critical health.