Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave 1.0

CPT_Whinge

Bring the old conclave back! Keep conclave 2.0 but it would be a lot better if there were both types because at least you can choose your own playstyle. Ignore this post if you will as you do with most posts DE but that is simply MY opinion

Erm...do you mean the mission type of Conclave 1.0? As in the team deathmatch? Because they are bringing that in (or maybe they have, haven't played in a while).

They did add TDM along with FFA.

I believe it also uses some of the old conclave maps. Can't say for sure.

I just can't understand what people think the previous conclave had to offer. They claim it took skill but all it was was one-shotting people and OP abilities, making only certain guns and frames viable, not to mention that everyone was lightning fast, even further making certain guns unusable.. If someone came up with a  valid argument of what the previous conclave achieved that Conclave 2.0 did not I might be more inclined to support this.

I think he is talking about the different playstyle in general with old Conclave (extremely fast movement and twitch reflexes). I personally do miss the old Conclave (more diverse builds, more skill, and more "ninja-ish"), but I do not see it ever coming back.

Edit:

I just can't understand what people think the previous conclave had to offer. They claim it took skill but all it was was one-shotting people and OP abilities, making only certain guns and frames viable, not to mention that everyone was lightning fast, even further making certain guns unusable.. If someone came up with a  valid argument of what the previous conclave achieved that Conclave 2.0 did not I might be more inclined to support this.

Yes, every weapon had an extremely low TTK. Almost everything semi-auto or burst was one shot (or one burst), and auto weapons shredded in fractions of a second.However, the matches in Europa Conclave actually had LESS death than the current Conclave. I would last much, much longer in the "old" Conclave because it was entirely focused around movement. Shields, Health, and Armor did nothing to protect you, that is why the frame diversity was in some ways better (but everyone went for the fast running speed frames), a Loki could tank just as well as an Ash because the main source of damage mitigation was your movement. It was amazing and extremely intense. If you stopped moving for a second you were in great risk of death, the wall jumping, sliding, rolling, vaulting, coptering (yes, coptering was perfectly fine in old Conclave, and people very (very) often were killed mid-copter), and then for a brief time areal melee made Conclave an experience no other game could reproduce (which is not something I can say for Conclave 2.0).

And in regards to "OP Abilities", no. If you were in a Dark Sector Conflict, I am sorry, the people that played those were not the best of the Conclave community. If you observed the Europa Conclave you would notice that at least 95% of the players only used the mobility abilities and NEVER used anything for directly damaging (Rip Line and Tail Wind for the most part). Coming in contact with someone who "pressed 4" or the likes was a very rare occurrence and they were generally shunned by everyone else.

Oh yeah, the old Conclave code. Yes, there was a set of unwritten rules for Old Conclave that almost everyone followed. You know how Conclave is now so cut throat? In old Conclave if someone saw you standing still they would NOT shoot you. There was a sense of respect, players would understand "oh, he is probably typing" and leave them be. The Conclave community was ten times kinder than the PvE community (bar the Dark Sector Conficters). When I first started in Old Conclave, the people playing with me gave me advise. I actually spent about an hour in a Conclave round with a vet where he showed me the roles on the parkour and such. If someone asked "Can I see how good my modding of my weapon is", everyone would join up in the middle of the map, allow for the player to test his weapon, the then dead player would be allowed to revive, and then everyone would quick run away and the match would begin. And this is public groups, not clan or friends. All you had to do was go to Europa Conclave and meet some of the best community members in the game.

There was one major weakness to Old Conclave though, the learning curve. You had to be dedicated to the game mod to be able to get past the two second lives at first. It was like being back at square one as far as skill in Warframe, the highest MR and most skillful PvE players would be destroyed if they took a step in Conclave. This is why the old Conclave communit was so low, not many could get past that initial hurtle. What Conclave 2.0 did was dumb down PvP so that it would be easier for people to get into Warframe PvP. So... PvP 2.0 is basically the easy version of old Conclave. However, once you leaned the ropes of Old Conclave, it was an amazing experience.

TL:DR: Old Conclave was more "Warframe-y" than Conclave 2.0. You actually felt like a ninja and needed skill to kill players, there were no skill-less weapons and while some weapons may have been too weak, the options of viable stuff were actually greater than what is available now. And if DE stuck with the old Conclave layout, they could have easily just tweaked the weapons in the same way they are being tweaked now but have the TTK much lower. Rather than depending on hp to save your butt, your movement skills were what gave you your damage mitigation, a much more "ninja"ish way to avoid damage. Attacks were organized and thoughtful, you could not run in guns blazing and hope to get a kill.

Edited by DrBorris

this.

Conclave 1.0 was just a cluster ruk of op frames and weapons that didn't truly take any skill.

this.

Conclave 1.0 was just a cluster ruk of op frames and weapons that didn't truly take any skill.

Ha... no. Conclave 1.0 took probably the most skill of anything in Warframe. Do not base you judgement on the extremely broken Dark Sector Conflicts, the true PvP was on Europa where skill was everything (and nobody ever used abilities).

In Conclave 1.0 you could use builds that let you kill everyone without requiring any skill.

People tend to remember only the good parts and forget the bad parts. Most nodes were usually deserted in 1.0. Most of the times you would face someone who used a no-brainer build, such as a deathcube with stinger that would auto-aim and oneshot, or Ignis with 24 meter range and full punch through killing you in less than 0.1 seconds. Or rage+quick thinking exploiters before that was removed.

It was always one thing or the other.

There were a few instances of good games, especially on the low (and usually deserted) conclave rating nodes. I remember having the most fun on Venus with a sword and no mods, a real sword fighting duel.

Conclave 2.0 has problems and the skill cap is a little lower, but it's orders of magnitude better than conclave 1.0. That's why it's so much easier to find pvp instances now. It's not a little niche corner anymore, it's a fully fleshed out game mode with lore and NPCs and even a dedicated team.

Don't bring Conclave 1.0 back. Learn from the good parts of the old system and make the current better. Stop living in the past.

Ha... no. Conclave 1.0 took probably the most skill of anything in Warframe. Do not base you judgement on the extremely broken Dark Sector Conflicts, the true PvP was on Europa where skill was everything (and nobody ever used abilities).

Exactly why should someone base Conclave 1.0 of the Europa conclave and Not off Dark Sectors PvP when they both use the same PvP system?

Both were equally bad. The difference is that one had silent rules set up by others while the other did not. That however does not make any different. Because on Paper they both used the same, horrible PvP system.

How you choose to play them does not take away from what it actually is.

-snip-

All people using Marelok / Zephyr / Typedo / Vectis / One Shotting things, Old conclave was based on coptering, a little parkour, but most on coptering.

That rules you claim, exist just for people who want to do it, not for everyone, because one dude follow that "honor code" you cant claim all people for do it.

I remember here, on pvp feedback, people asking for balance, for rewards, and I can say most of the "veterans" were asking for it.

Now you have balance, rewards, more people to play, compared to old conclave, where a ghost town exist, this is really different.

The only thing what make warframe pvp different, its the diversity on choices, what in old conclave you dont, Valkyrs was the most op think i never see in my life in a pvp game, the overpopulation from that warframe, was amazing.

In old conclave, where you can use everything to play like you want, You were insulted by using X thing, or that... or this, O jisus, dont use your sword to kill because you are going to be blocked, kicked reported banned and (...)

Old conclave was a game mode, just for a little portion of people...

In Conclave 1.0 you could use builds that let you kill everyone without requiring any skill.

People tend to remember only the good parts and forget the bad parts. Most nodes were usually deserted in 1.0. Most of the times you would face someone who used a no-brainer build, such as a deathcube with stinger that would auto-aim and oneshot, or Ignis with 24 meter range and full punch through killing you in less than 0.1 seconds. Or rage+quick thinking exploiters before that was removed.

It was always one thing or the other.

There were a few instances of good games, especially on the low (and usually deserted) conclave rating nodes. I remember having the most fun on Venus with a sword and no mods, a real sword fighting duel.

Conclave 2.0 has problems and the skill cap is a little lower, but it's orders of magnitude better than conclave 1.0. That's why it's so much easier to find pvp instances now. It's not a little niche corner anymore, it's a fully fleshed out game mode with lore and NPCs and even a dedicated team.

Don't bring Conclave 1.0 back. Learn from the good parts of the old system and make the current better. Stop living in the past.

All people using Marelok / Zephyr / Typedo / Vectis / One Shotting things, Old conclave was based on coptering, a little parkour, but most on coptering.

That rules you claim, exist just for people who want to do it, not for everyone, because one dude follow that "honor code" you cant claim all people for do it.

I remember here, on pvp feedback, people asking for balance, for rewards, and I can say most of the "veterans" were asking for it.

Now you have balance, rewards, more people to play, compared to old conclave, where a ghost town exist, this is really different.

The only thing what make warframe pvp different, its the diversity on choices, what in old conclave you dont, Valkyrs was the most op think i never see in my life in a pvp game, the overpopulation from that warframe, was amazing.

In old conclave, where you can use everything to play like you want, You were insulted by using X thing, or that... or this, O jisus, dont use your sword to kill because you are going to be blocked, kicked reported banned and (...)

Old conclave was a game mode, just for a little portion of people...

Okay, let us take a different view on this whole Conclave 1.0 versus Conclave 2.0. The "honor code" could in a sense be considered its own conclave version, such a large group of people followed it (ask any Conclave vet about the percentage of the time there were spammers on Europa (it was by far the best map for movement, of course everyone was there) and you will get the same answer, rarely. Conclave 1.0 was pretty much a no rules free for all, that is why it was so successful in some places but such a failure in others. The only reward for playing in the Conclaves was fun, no experience or sigils or mods, just fun.Thus, on the Conclave nodes, the player base was very forgiving and tried to have "fun". The "no rules" set-up of Conclave 1.0 allowed for an actual diversity in builds. My standard loadout for Conclave back in the day was Ash (health and speed), Supra (because it was fun), AkMagnus (when I had to try hard), and Glaive Prime (because Glaive is my bae). Hmm, none of the major meta stuff (well, Ash I guess was, but I never used any abilities). Sybaris, AkLato, Bows, LatronP., Burston P., Boar P., Braton P., Boltor P., Flux Rifle, Vulkar, Soma, Snipetron, Lanka, Acrid, Lex P., Cestras, Sicarus P., and Vasto P. are all "fair" weapons that people often used in Conclave 1.0. Hmmm, that is a rather large list. You talk about how it was all coptering, and yes, ther was a lot of coptering, but there was also a lot of parkour. Have you ever seen the videos of people jumping around Europa? They can get to the top of the map without any melee attacks. And coptering was never the end all be all. Because of the low TTK I was probably killed while coptering more than anything else (you are moving in a predictable straight line and locked in an animation, that is just asking for trouble). The major issues with Conclave 2.0 came out when there were rewards. People just went with the easy and efficient route rather than fun and spammed their abilities and OP weapons so that they could win. The issues came out with Conclave 1.0 when rewards were added in. 

When I remember Conclave 1.0, I remember it with the Honor Code because that was pretty much all of the time I spent there (Stopped playing Dark Sectors pretty quickly after they came out). The rules of Conclave 1.0 were not what defined it, it was how it was played. When an entire section of a community plays in a certain way, it must be taken into account when viewing the system. So, now I ask, what if we brought back Conclave 1.0 but with the "Honor code" as actual rules. If you want to get down to it, the difference between Conclave 1.0 and 2.0 is TTK. Yes, there is a lot of other balancing between 1.0 and 2.0, but in general the difference in "feel" comes down to TTK. I miss the twitch reflexes, I miss relying on my movement rather than on my tankyness. What if Conclave 1.5 was made. Just allow us to use our PvE builds (but not allow the effects of certain mods), not allow any ability use, and remove all rewards. Of course there will still be some unbalanced parts, but DE should focus their time on only one PvP, and I do not see them giving up on 2.0. That will probably never happen either, but I do not like the "Conclave 1.0 was terrible" stuff. There were many ways that Conclave 1.0 was superior to 2.0, but some of those advantages made it just too hard for anyone to get in to. Thus, I am fine with Conclave 2.0, let DE keep balancing it, but some inspiration can be taken from the old Conclave. 

-snipx2-

That honor code you say, was followed for maybe all of the current players, because they were always the same people.

I know what you say about parkour, I did it with my clan friends, I know, but in more specific terms: 90% coptering/aerial melee, 10% parkour.

If fun its all who 1.0 was looking for, we have it now.

Here, now is where the diversity on choices need skill to learn, how to avoid, how to adapt, how to play, the map rotation let you enjoy something missed in old conclave, the map diversity.

No just focus on the same weapons and hoping for all people who join in the match, doing the same, for the god sake of balance.

Thank you DrBorris for so eloquently summing up Conclave 1.0

Unfortunatley i've have come to accept we will never see those days again. Seems some players are still hanging on; I feel you guys, I really do.

To the haters of 1.0, lets be serious; you all never climbed that near vertical learning curve to be competitive in 1.0 - I understand, natrually you will hate something you were never good at. But please stop commenting on the small amount of time spent in 1.0 as if you completely understood it.

Unfortunatley i've have come to accept we will never see those days again. Seems some players are still hanging on; I feel you guys, I really do.

To the haters of 1.0, lets be serious; you all never climbed that near vertical learning curve to be competitive in 1.0 - I understand, natrually you will hate something you were never good at. But please stop commenting on the small amount of time spent in 1.0 as if you completely understood it.

Now if only conclave 1.0 veterans would drop the toxic superiority attitude that plagues our community...

*flame repellent on*

Now if only conclave 1.0 veterans would drop the toxic superiority attitude that plagues our community...

*flame repellent on*

From what I've seen, conclave 1.0 veterans are the most respectful in game. :v

No, I'm saying that from what I've seen the majority of 1.0 players are way more respect full than the new players screaming "noob stop using a bow!!!11!!!!11!!"

I dont think so, i have seen comments from 1.0 players in old and new pvp screaming "the melee 2.0 blow your mind" "this is for noobs"

"only noobs use that kind of weapons"  "hey you, stop using your melee to kill and make it a mobility tool like me"... just saying...

*flame repellent on*

*sigh*

What I said is not intended to be taken as a generalization to all conclave 1.0 veterans.

It is a direct response to JonBenj claiming that all pvp 1.0 haters simply hate it because they were never good at it- that if you have a negative opinion of pvp 1.0 it is because you were bad at it.

This is a toxic superiority attitude and a reminder to all that a player 'skill' (and who's judging?) does not invalidate one's opinion.

There are of course toxic people and respectful people on both sides of the aisle. This should go without saying.