Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Vs Daikyu (Valk)

dmcAxle

How do I beat a Valkyr using Daikyu when I'm using the Tigris? Assuming we both meet eyes at the same time and are of equal skill. My range where I do good damage, is also the range where hitting an arrow with the Daikyu could be done by a baby. Between arrow shots he can just run out of my range.

This isn't a complaint thread, I just don't know how to win the match-up where for me to do damage to him, he's able to one shot me with his eyes closed and I have to hit twice.

Edited by dmcAxle

They can't choose when to let their shot out except for a small and specific window of time. They must charge the bow and can't snapshot like other bows. They must release the charged shot within a few seconds or it cancels the shot. In a duel, then the idea would be to have them start a charge and either make them abort that shot or fire it while you are behind cover. A tiny moment of patience on your part, like strafing to stay behind a barrel or around a corner, would mean a free kill as they either tried to charge again, or tried to swap weapons while you plaster them.

Not that this is easy or a great option all the time, but if I assume your hypothetical that's how I'd go about it.

Edited by VKhaun

juking them into canceling a Charge sounds like a sound plan.

alternatively - since the Bow shoots Projectiles, at VERY close Range, hitting anything with it is actually very unreliable and basically random.

so you could get right up in front of them. you'll want to judge your Melee vs theirs though, to not walk into a worse situation.

since Tigris is RayTrace, you can have some advantage there with Hard Cover as you can shoot around corners and through walls with much less effort than they can.

and chances are you can Reload your Tigris before they even finish Charging, so you could fire 2 Shells in a bit of a spray and pray as you close the distance, and then a second 2 Shells to finish them off.

It goes through cover

there is some Punch-Through, yes.

most of the Hard Cover is very thick, however.

not to mention Projectile Weapons skew off trajectory when they pierce solid objects. presumably the user will know that and compensate aim, but it's not a given.

Use Maglev and slide in random directions. Been working for me.

tbh though if I see someone with a Daikyu, one of two things happens. Either I take a fat dump on them with a galatine slam attack, or I get one shot instantly. After the latter happens five times, I just hide from that person, haha.

How do I beat a Valkyr using Daikyu when I'm using the Tigris? Assuming we both meet eyes at the same time and are of equal skill. My range where I do good damage, is also the range where hitting an arrow with the Daikyu could be done by a baby. Between arrow shots he can just run out of my range.

This isn't a complaint thread, I just don't know how to win the match-up where for me to do damage to him, he's able to one shot me with his eyes closed and I have to hit twice.

If you're of equal skill and you see each other at the same time, you'd probably kill each other.

The Daikyu user will already have the bow charged, and you should know how to use the Tigris to duplex shot and be modded for 4 shells in the mag.  Both of you should also have energy and be either using Warcry to amp your armor or something to that effect.

Based on this, the Tigris would more likely win because the first shot of the Daikyu will not kill a Warcry'ing Valkyr with that much more armor, but a Tigris has that much damage and reload speed.

---edit---

If anything, both would die because by the time the Internet relays communication for the damage, the damage is registered for both users for happening at the same time.  That sort of thing has happened to me more often than I care for, like a Mexican standoff, heh.

Edited by Nighttide77

If you're of equal skill and you see each other at the same time, you'd probably kill each other.

The Daikyu user will already have the bow charged, and you should know how to use the Tigris to duplex shot and be modded for 4 shells in the mag.  Both of you should also have energy and be either using Warcry to amp your armor or something to that effect.

Based on this, the Tigris would more likely win because the first shot of the Daikyu will not kill a Warcry'ing Valkyr with that much more armor, but a Tigris has that much damage and reload speed.

---edit---

If anything, both would die because by the time the Internet relays communication for the damage, the damage is registered for both users for happening at the same time.  That sort of thing has happened to me more often than I care for, like a Mexican standoff, heh.

you can't sure kill valkyr in 4 shot with arcane.

& warcry ?.? with power?  and 75 energy power?

you can't compare weapon with powers, or I can say "if" I rap line you 3 times and you die, don't even need the weapon.

Just a mindless suggestion, if you get into a situation where both of you die at the same time, which has happened to me, hit your waypoint key immediately. It disappears when you respawn, but it gives your team a few seconds to see where two oro are unclaimed.

o 3o

you can't sure kill valkyr in 4 shot with arcane.

& warcry ?.? with power?  and 75 energy power?

you can't compare weapon with powers, or I can say "if" I rap line you 3 times and you die, don't even need the weapon.

No mention of Arcane usage was in the OP.

No mention of not using powers was mentioned in the OP.

If both players are skilled, both players will know to be gathering energy and utilizing Valkyr's abilities at their peak.  If both players encountered each other while equipping their primaries, then they definitely aren't using Hysteria.  Hence, Warcry.

And to mention, yes Ripline could be a deal-breaker in the OP's scenario, however, it does have a cast time, in which case, the caster of Ripline is probably dead in either scenario.

No mention of Arcane usage was in the OP.

No mention of not using powers was mentioned in the OP.

If both players are skilled, both players will know to be gathering energy and utilizing Valkyr's abilities at their peak.  If both players encountered each other while equipping their primaries, then they definitely aren't using Hysteria.  Hence, Warcry.

And to mention, yes Ripline could be a deal-breaker in the OP's scenario, however, it does have a cast time, in which case, the caster of Ripline is probably dead in either scenario.

rip line have no cast time :P only after cast animation CD, sure you don't even notice their different.

still if daikyu can't 1 shot valkyr with warcry, tiger also will let the bow user copt away after 4 shots, and i won't even run if I have #2 on, second charge is much faster than tiger reload animation. no player skill intervene when you compare weapons

""no player skill should intervene the analysis when you compare weapons""

PS: "No mention of Arcane usage was in the OP.

No mention of not using powers was mentioned in the OP."

so where is your standard, no arcane because OP not said he may have it,

but yes, can use power also because OP not said he didn't use it.

so peremptory.

Edited by Cary2010haha

Short answer: you don't.

Long answer: Use a proper secondary for situations like that, I can recommend Lex Prime and Aklex. I hear an alternative strategy is to switch to melee and block the shots, then finish them during the downtime. You probably want to try the Boltace because it presumably deals a lot of Puncture damage, too.

Some things to keep in mind with the Daikyu:

1. It has the lowest punch-through of all bows.

2. It can't hold charged shots for more than 5 seconds or so.

3. A shot has to be charged before it can be fired.

Consequently, the Daikyu also has the highest flight speed of all bows. If you can get them to hold the shot too long (so it resets) or to cancel the charge, you've got a shot.

Yeah I know how the bow works. Considering I was the first person to post about Daikyu for PVP and researched it pretty heavily.  Thanks still though.

And probably if they don't have a shot charged and I'm not already close enough to hit them, they're going to copter away.  In that scenario I will definitely have to switch to my Lex Prime. I think a more realistic scenario is them missing their shot. I might be wrong.

I'll try melee blocking. I've been using low stamina frames recently, I'll have to switch. 

And yeah I was just asking for specifically staying on Tigris, since I'd rather hone my skills with that then have to switch to my Lex Prime (Though obv I still use it when people are out of range, as it's a gun to cover the weaknesses of the Tigris. If I have to use for this situation, then oh well.)

I mentioned Valkyr specifically because the Tigris wouldn't be able to 1 shot her with a close up headshot like some other frames.

Edited by dmcAxle

From a front flip in one direction: You copter/air melee once (close to) perpendicular to their line of sight while closing distance. Shoot them with all 4 shells of your properly modded tigris. Having your vector going above the horizontal helps. 

This is the most difficult shot to a bow user. Their easiest shot when you're moving parallel to their line of sight.

If you miss, front flip away in one direction, then directional melee in another while still in the air. Manually reload after the directional melee to save time. Slide upon hitting the ground to keep the reload animation alive. 

Repeat.

Cover/visibility issues modify this situation. As does ability usage.

Always front flip into directional melee in different directions to keep your vector unpredictable.

Edited by Pythadragon

Short answer: you don't.

Long answer: Use a proper secondary for situations like that, I can recommend Lex Prime and Aklex. I hear an alternative strategy is to switch to melee and block the shots, then finish them during the downtime. You probably want to try the Boltace because it presumably deals a lot of Puncture damage, too.

So at last, a honest player come to speak :P no more repeat of the weapon state and defense something by overrate other side.

That's a pretty good idea, swapping weapons.  Forgot about those holster rate mods and stuff.

rip line have no cast time :P only after cast animation CD, sure you don't even notice their different.

*shrug*

still if daikyu can't 1 shot valkyr with warcry, tiger also will let the bow user copt away after 4 shots, and i won't even run if I have #2 on, second charge is much faster than tiger reload animation. no player skill intervene when you compare weapons

Daikyu can only deal 262 damage within 1.5 seconds, so given its charge time, it wouldn't be able to pull off a second shot within 1.5 seconds.

Tigris has 4 pellets, each of which deal 38 damage, totaling to 152 damage per shell.  Duplex shot is near instantaneous, meaning 304 damage within a fraction of a second.  With a 2.0 fire rate, the Tigris can follow up with the next duplex shot in half a second, dishing out a grand total of 608 damage easily within 1.5 seconds.

If we are assuming high skill level, neither Valkyr should be able to copter out of the way before a second duplex shot is executed.

""no player skill should intervene the analysis when you compare weapons""

Where's that in the OP?  Did I miss something?

So at last, a honest player come to speak :P no more repeat of the weapon state and defense something by overrate other side.

*shrug*

I run Tigris with tactical pump and the holster rate mod, and my advice in the situation is take 2 shots as soon as you see the person and then get out of sight and re-encounter later. Go for a wittle down strategy, when playing against a valkyr.

Keeping dorminance over health pickups and ammo, is a good stategy when playing against a valkyr.

I know this isn't much about how to use the Tigris effectivly, but i feel that the warframe play a big part in this.

Edited by Zardbooster

Yeah I think my build is pretty standard:
Tactical Pump, Ammo Stock, Rank 2 Burdened Magazine, Soft Hands (Holster)

And I'm not there yet but I will get the 2 Shield/Health mods because there's really nothing else to put on. 

Any idea how Lock and Load works with a low ammo gun like this? Does it recharge 1 ammo per second minimum?

This PVP is unbalanced, you simply can't.

When a skilled opponent points a oneshot weapon on you, your life is in his hands. Nothing more, nothing less, you can't do anything, you have no chance to fight back, just sit and wait for an error.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

When a skilled opponent points a oneshot weapon on you, your life is in his hands. Nothing more, nothing less, you can't do anything, you have no chance to fight back, just sit and wait for an error.

Not sure if you've seen other threads on this...have you considered melee blocking?

Not with Daikyu - it is a bow (=projectile weapon) and this allows active dodging. How well you perform against Daikyu is decided by how good you move. If you find yourself always killed by a Daikyu user, than you should try to move better ...

Not sure if you've seen other threads on this...have you considered melee blocking?

Yes, I saw other threads and that's the reason why I don't post here not so frequently anymore. Everyone's talking about PVP for his own Ego.

By the moment you get melee and start parry you did 2 things: you put yourself in a situation of total vulnerability given your stamina won't last forever and you lose your oneshot/damage potential.

So, my answer is YES.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

What's your frame, secondary, and melee?

Edited by TenguBlade