Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe And The Possibility Of An Open World...maybe....probably....probably Not

As the topic suggest, I would love to see if and in anyway will it ever be possible to have more of an open world in the universe that is Warframe. I mean warframe is set in such a vast and rich universe full of amazing characters, determined factions, and incredible sceneries; wouldn't it be even more amazing if we could explore at least a fraction of that universe?

Now I apologize, if a similar post as such has been made in the past. I am a XBone player and I realize that especially when it relates to PC, certain topics and posts may have already been discussed. So if this is a repeat for you, then I apologize because that is not my intention.

The reason this came to mind for me is the other day I was playing an infestation defense on Ceres-Seimeni, and while standing on the cryopod thingy, I turned and stared into the vast openness in the background, and honestly it was quite breathtaking. I saw massive structures that stretch up to the blackened heavens, with it's foundations dug deep into the flesh of the barren wasteland, and I couldn't help but wonder what if I was able to jump off this pod and explore this territory?

Well in the current state of the game, I can indeed jump off the pod and onto the background provided, but I would be jumping to my death and a certain re-spawn lol. I feel like (and I know it's a far stretch and not likely to happen) if Warframe just took a few maps on the star chart from a few planets and made them explorable and more of an open world setting, it would be simply incredible.

It would provide the player with a refreshing new take on the game, it would bring some variety to any Tenno experiencing any degree of staleness, and it will greatly add to the Warframe lore and environment.

I hope (perhaps a fool's hope lol), one day when I'm defending a pod on Ceres - Seimeni, I am able to turn around, stare into the vastness and take a simple leap of faith, and when I land on my two feet I will not have met the blackness of death and returned to respawn, but I will be pleasantly surprised to find myself alive and I will dust my character off and march onwards into the wastelands (where I will most likely meet a most certain death at the hands of some creature that inhabit these lands, and then be forced to respawn lol).

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

I think it CAN be possible to have open-worldly elements. Mostly with new starchart, removing the starmap, implementing random missions instead of nodes.

How ? If we travel to a planet we are prompted : Relay or surface ?

On surface, we can access a randomly generated mission regarding our MR (0's can play 0-10 lvl, MR20 can get a 40-50 level mission), create groups simply by Teaming up with anyone we see ( also , level scaling will encourage helping newbies). We can mission craft here also. We also will have a little Tenno station here.

On relay , we access those nodes mentioned in DevSream, we can travel as well, we can access the alerts , use keys and so on.

On Liset, we can travel  and access alerts.

Edited by pavlo555

open world ideas are always cool cause it gives us enjoyment exploring and delving into more rich lore and history (hopefully) if it is there!

however i agree with Cherokee... its a total waste and would be to time consuming! also it would screw with the game alot 

the great thing about the game right now is that the map system is on a random rotation basis. meaning the game is never ever going to be the same! and or very unlikely to get the same map... and by that point when you do get the same exact map.. you wont remember yourself playing it cause it would have been that long ago that you would have forgotten it 

@ Letter13 - yeah, I agree. Would be hard. But still one can dream lol. And there is just so much content on warframe and potential content to further an already amazing experience.

One system that *might* work is an open "over world" that has some limited combat and random mmo/destiny-esque player interaction, and that randomly generated areas are accessed or entered via the over world.

@ N7-CommanderShepard -YESSS that would be awesome.

@ Qynchou - lol...yes I concur, grinding for MR can get quite stale after awhile. But there's still a lot to do (at least for me). But either way, adding this element will definitely be awesome and refreshing.

@ Letter13 - right, and I think we're saying something similar here lol. I could be wrong. But yeah, I feel like if let's say DE just made Seimeni an open world and explorable. When a player let's say lands on that node they can choose to play whatever defense, etc mission is on it or they can choose and 'explore' option. While the openness and vastness of the Seimeni map is ultimately limited, random characters and enemies can show up and fight you. Also you can do random side-quests on that world. And then it DE does this for just a few other nodes I think it might (maybe........fingers crossed) work lol. But yeah, I don't really know how these games are made, so I could just be blowing smoke here.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

One system that *might* work is an open "over world" that has some limited combat and random mmo/destiny-esque player interaction, and that randomly generated areas are accessed or entered via the over world.

I guess it could be possible if they had a set over world, then missions could be accessed kind of like dungeons in other mmos. 

Well who knows, I for one never thought of having my own personalized ship/ jetpack thing/ dog clone super dog thing during U8.

So maybe just maybe *crossing fingers* that one day it would be so.

But I for one would want an open world space battle rather than planet snooping, something like EvE.