Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Treasure Hunt: Rare Containers

(PSN)makrisbrik

Question

I've been doing a lot of solo missions farming and I have been lucky finding rare grineer containers back to back on earth exterminate. It contained detonite and 500 plus or more credits and other resources.

I'd like to find rare containers in the void or corpus and was wondering if there are specific places to farm? I haven't found void or corpus rare containers yet.

cHAYvdb.jpg

71NPxqt.jpg

Z5ZakI7.jpg

Edited by (PS4)makrisbrik

Yes they do. I run around with Nyx using Absorb to smash caches with AoE but not a Syndicate weapon cos I want to scan them intact. You will hear the cache if it's in the room or close so you just halt your AoE and check. If the Absorb does happen to smash one through a wall or a level up etc, they usually drop a rare Fusion core which will show up on the loot radar. Jump a fair bit as Loot Radar's weakness is when they're a level up or down from you it won't always show up.

Edited by Zilchy

Thanks guys for your findings. I'll definitely check them out. I haven't been keeping tabs of my hunt, but I'm still finding a few here and there. 

Strange I didn't get any notification of your new posts. 

Guess my luck hasn't shined on me as I've done quite a lot of invasions and alerts on Corpus tileset but I haven't found a single Corpus rare container yet. It's the only thing prevented me from getting Mantis without wasting 150p for it. Gotta keep trying though :)

Don't give up! Its when you're not purposely looking for them that they show up. 

I have only found a rare Grineer container myself. I haven't found any void or corpus ones, but to be fair, i play against the Grineer the most, so it makes some sense.

Do these containers show up on the map with Loot Radar/Animal Instinct?

Yes, but they appear as a regular container on the Loot Radar.

Yes they do. I run around with Nyx using Absorb to smash caches with AoE but not a Syndicate weapon cos I want to scan them intact. You will hear the cache if it's in the room or close so you just halt your AoE and check. If the Absorb does happen to smash one through a wall or a level up etc, they usually drop a rare Fusion core which will show up on the loot radar. Jump a fair bit as Loot Radar's weakness is when they're a level up or down from you it won't always show up.

I have only found a rare Grineer container myself. I haven't found any void or corpus ones, but to be fair, i play against the Grineer the most, so it makes some sense.

Yes, but they appear as a regular container on the Loot Radar.

Thank you, fellas.

I've been using animal instinct on my Carrier to find hidden rooms with containers and was worried that I might have missed something.

+Rep to both :)

I found a Rare Corpus storage container in the Hyena Pack (Psamathe, Neptune) mission

It was just inside one of those regular storage rooms that has a pair of lockers on the left and right with a few containers, the wall facing you as you walk in has the big window looking into space.

(Would post picture but not sure how lol)

I found a Rare Corpus storage container in the Hyena Pack (Psamathe, Neptune) mission

It was just inside one of those regular storage rooms that has a pair of lockers on the left and right with a few containers, the wall facing you as you walk in has the big window looking into space.

(Would post picture but not sure how lol)

Very nice! I'll check it out.     Its okay, I believe you. You can start an imgur account and upload photos? Copy the BBCode when you post. 

I've been lucky and found them in Derelict Exterminates. Got a Forma and 30 minute affinity boosters out of them

Wow, forma and affinity boosters. I want it!

Thank you for all your contribution!! The hunt goes on!!

Hello, as a new-er player, I have tried a few methods with Rare/Reinforced Cashes, and all that I have found is that when you look for them, they all don't spawn. I'm not breaking new ground as my RNG counts are very low, but I have seen a guide on steam that suggests not scanning the Rare/Reinforced Containers, as they show a bright Orange when looking through the scope. This and accompanied with the scanning of every common container will allow you to pick out the special containers from the average without having to pop your head into every crack.

This system is limited in a few respects, as your Codex scanner can't see into neighboring rooms, as far as I have seen.

So, good luck in your efforts, and wishing me good luck will probably spread my infectious-ly low RNG to you, so I would suggest not.

Thank you for your time.

I'm still to find Void rare/reinforced containers, so from what I read in here the best chance is on Orokin Derelic missions?

Definitely. I've ran much more Void than I have Derelict, but I've found five rares in ODE, and only one in all the Void Missions I've done.

Oh, and if you're after Mantis parts, popular consensus is that the drops are still bugged on consoles, but it's supposed to of been fixed on PC. Happy hunting.

Edited by (XB1)Yiazzy

I'm pretty sure I found a rare/reinforced corpus container, but I was never able to actually locate it. All I know is that I was running a spy mission and I went deaf from this extremely loud, low pitched humming. I found where the sound was coming from but there was no container in sight :(

I'm pretty sure I found a rare/reinforced corpus container, but I was never able to actually locate it. All I know is that I was running a spy mission and I went deaf from this extremely loud, low pitched humming. I found where the sound was coming from but there was no container in sight :(

They're usually in the same locations that Sabotage caches spawn which includes hidden areas, which is probably why you couldn't find it.

Aww, that's terrible. If that happens, I'm not going to be able to leave without the rare container even if it took me hours to find it. But good luck on your hunt.

They're usually in the same locations that Sabotage caches spawn which includes hidden areas, which is probably why you couldn't find it.

Thanks for the tip!

Definitely. I've ran much more Void than I have Derelict, but I've found five rares in ODE, and only one in all the Void Missions I've done.

Oh, and if you're after Mantis parts, popular consensus is that the drops are still bugged on consoles, but it's supposed to of been fixed on PC. Happy hunting.

I would love to get five rare, that's awesome! Happy hunting, Tenno.