The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Valkyr Skin

S3EK3R

I agree with you. But HOW much bulk should she have though?

Well, I will admit that I myself was expecting something like heavy-duty armor from her, like armored up like a Rhino. Still, I don't see housecat in his, in fact I'm seeing less "cat" when I take into consideration the tail (if that's what it turns out to be) and more "demon".

Well, I will admit that I myself was expecting something like heavy-duty armor from her, like armored up like a Rhino. Still, I don't see housecat in his, in fact I'm seeing less "cat" when I take into consideration the tail (if that's what it turns out to be) and more "demon".

I always thought there was something off about that pointed tail...

It looks cool, but Valkyr has to be the most cancerous frame in this game. I physically cringe when I see her in a mission or PvP. Easymode in PvP and tryhard in PvE with rarely any team support because everyone builds her to be loltank. I wish DE would make more immortal skins instead of promoting this because now I'm going to see even more Valkyrs everywhere.

*sigh*

Explain why not?

If that's how she looked before the Corpus got their hands on her, her powers should be different.  Visually, atleast.  So, does this skin alter how her powers look?  And, unless DE decides Bastet was her default helm,  the half helm she has now wouldn't fit under the helm in the teaser.

If that's how she looked before the Corpus got their hands on her, her powers should be different.  Visually, atleast.  So, does this skin alter how her powers look?  And, unless DE decides Bastet was her default helm,  the half helm she has now wouldn't fit under the helm in the teaser.

Yeah, I'm noticing the helm as well now, that's weird. Maybe Alad got his hands on more Valkyr "default" helms than alt ones? Or maybe it's just an issue with the concept piece's style... eh, we'll see.

Either way:

1) WE DON'T KNOW THAT. While I do agree some visual (and audio) difference MIGHT be in order, and certainly will for the Prime, the state of her abilities and her appearance was never known. It could very well be the non-Prime Valkyr always did use claws, tearing apart her enemies with her bare hands. We don't know WHAT Valkyr was like before her dissection and thus isn't impossible to really be able to tell what she would or would not be (I have my theories, but they're just that).

2) It may be, and probably is, that we're not getting a Valkyr that WASN'T ever cut up by Alad, but rather we're taking back the armor/flesh/whatever that was skinned off of her to put back on her, attempting to undo the damage done. But the Valkyr STILL underwent that and was STILL changed by the experience, and no taping armor back onto her cut up body will change that. As such, it fits logically well (if this turns out to be the case) that her powers wouldn't be altered JUST because we're fitting the armor back on. Basically, it's like if someone skinned you alive and then glued your flesh back on. You ain't EVER gonna forget that and sure as HELL are going to be altered by that event.

We'll need to wait and see what happens with it in-game to truly and finale-ly understand the nature of the skin.

Edited by Morec0

Yeah, I'm noticing the helm as well now, that's weird. Maybe Alad got his hands on more Valkyr "default" helms than alt ones? Or maybe it's just an issue with the concept piece's style... eh, we'll see.

Either way:

1) WE DON'T KNOW THAT. While I do agree some visual (and audio) difference MIGHT be in order, and certainly will for the Prime, the state of her abilities and her appearance was never known. It could very well be the non-Prime Valkyr always did use claws, tearing apart her enemies with her bare hands. We don't know WHAT Valkyr was like before her dissection and thus isn't impossible to really be able to tell what she would or would not be (I have my theories, but they're just that).

2) It may be, and probably is, that we're not getting a Valkyr that WASN'T ever cut up by Alad, but rather we're taking back the armor/flesh/whatever that was skinned off of her to put back on her, attempting to undo the damage done. But the Valkyr STILL underwent that and was STILL changed by the experience, and no taping armor back onto her cut up body will change that. As such, it fits logically well (if this turns out to be the case) that her powers wouldn't be altered JUST because we're fitting the armor back on. Basically, it's like if someone skinned you alive and then glued your flesh back on. You ain't EVER gonna forget that and sure as HELL are going to be altered by that event.

We'll need to wait and see what happens with it in-game to truly and finale-ly understand the nature of the skin.

Please note; IF and VISUALLY in my post. 

I agree that we don't have all the information and will have to wait to see what DE does when the skin is released.  As to her abilities, her lore says that what she has now is a result of the experimentation, so they would have to be visually different IF this is what she was before the Corpus got their hands on her.

Hmm. When I modelled my bust I actually started with her complete base helmet. What I discovered was that the "ears" or "wings" as well as the two hard ridges that merge to a point in the back of the head, is built over the default helmet.

The sizes are not THAT much different, though the image suggest it.

Remember this is a drawing and a concept. So the model might not look exactly like this.

And I see no cat. I see Valkyrie warrior.

theoriginalvalkyr_by_gaber111-d8wyxvj.jp

Please note; IF and VISUALLY in my post. 

I agree that we don't have all the information and will have to wait to see what DE does when the skin is released.  As to her abilities, her lore says that what she has now is a result of the experimentation, so they would have to be visually different IF this is what she was before the Corpus got their hands on her.

As I've said before, it's seems likely that the "what she is now" refers to the pain and rage that courses through her. while before such she was fueled by a different emotion - such as battle-lust (like the typical blood knight trope). We'll have to wait and see for certain, though.

I would like to quote these posts as a pretty good explanation of why I hate this Valkyr outfit so very much:

I have to say that although Valkyr is my favorite frame by a long way I don't like the cat design, not in that she should not be feline but that she should be a TIGER not a house cat. Unfortunately this design seems to be slimming Valkyr down further when I'd like to see a bit more power in her build.

Well, I will admit that I myself was expecting something like heavy-duty armor from her, like armored up like a Rhino.

I don't like the kittykat look. I don't like that her design is generic (compare her with how much thought went in the visual appearance of 'frames like Banshee or Ember). I don't like that it looks like somekind of demon while I expected original Valkyr to be very different, not a crazy berserker. I don't like that she's gonna have the same skills, despite her lore saying she wasn't an insane screaming berserk before (a proof of that is how we can hear her voice - we can because she's no longer herself, no longer a normal silent Tenno).

Valkyr deserves better. Valkyr deserves a badass and creative armor that you look at it, and you immediately know what she is. Valkyr deserves her original appearance not to be just a lame "restored" reskin, but a 'frame with different powers, as befits her lore.

I hate this, I'm sorry. Valkyr deserves much more.

Edited by (PS4)Lun-Sei

I don't like the kittykat look. I don't like that her design is generic (compare her with how much thought went in the visual appearance of 'frames like Banshee or Ember). I don't like that it looks like somekind of demon 

That is pure preference and taste right there..So no one is right or wrong for how "generic" or "unique" they feel her look is.

I expected original Valkyr to be very different, not a crazy berserker. I don't like that she's gonna have the same skills, despite her lore saying she wasn't an insane screaming berserk before (a proof of that is how we can hear her voice - we can because she's no longer herself, no longer a normal silent Tenno).

Many of us figured that before Valkyr's experience with the corpus she was a regal, warrior leader of tenno who was renowned among the sol system. Her battlecries inspired her allies to fight harder and frightened the enemies who have heard of her great battle prowess. When the battle becomes most dire, she would be filled with fury and then lead the charge into the thick of battle in an unstoppable melee mode. Like the fabled amazons, or the mighty barbarian queens of history. Their fury on the battlefeild is born from hard training and the need to protect their people. When I think of pre-corpus Valkyr I get images of Freja or Brynhildr..famous warrior woman of myth who were downright terrifying to fight against.

Sound like a reasonable difference for her. Here is the thing. Her kit could function exactly the same as it is now but have some changes to the audio and visual aspects and it would all make sense. Since we haven't even witnessed the audio and visual aspects of her powers it is too early to say whether they will do her pre-corpus form justice or not.

Folks often confuse theme and function together...when in truth it is amazing how too very different themes can be made to function the same way...or how too extremely different kits can be of the same theme.

Truthfully we have every reason to think that before her torture she had a different personality and motivation behind her actions. But there is no reason to assume that pre-corpus had a different core combat model. 

I hate this, I'm sorry. Valkyr deserves much more.

It's not even done yet....lol

Edited by Ronyn

That is pure preference and taste right there..So no one is right or wrong for how "generic" or "unique" they feel her look is.

Are you quite sure?

I look at Ember, and I see the shape of a flame. I see the shape of liquid magma. I see the shape of a phoenix.

I look at Banshee, and I see sound waves. I see a stereo system. I see a music composer from the '800.

I look at current Valkyr, and I see wires and computer mechanism, fitting for a Corpus creation and a skinned Warframe. I see bondage and s/m and shackles and collars. I see the wires forming the shape of muscles, fitting for a strong berserker. I see the horns of a devil and the broken face of a broken soul.

I look at this new Valkyr skin and I see...... some blue cat devil maybe? It's a pretty empty skin. It doesn't have much in its design. It's even more boring than Nyx, whose design I dislike because absolutely nothing in it says "mind control".

Are you quite sure?

Am I sure that different people will feel differently about how something looks? Absolutely.

For example: Some folks will look at excalibur's design and feel he is "boring and uninteresting" while others will look at him and feel he looks "streamlined and sleek" Some folks will see Zephyr as "busy and over complicated" while others will feel she has "texture and character".

If here one thing I am absolutely sure of is that people will differently about stuff.

I'm not going to say that you're taste is any more right or wrong than mine.

That's kind of the point. It's taste.

I look at current Valkyr, and I see wires and computer mechanism, fitting for a Corpus creation and a skinned Warframe. I see bondage and s/m and shackles and collars. I see the wires forming the shape of muscles, fitting for a strong berserker. I see the horns of a devil and the broken face of a broken soul.

When I look at the current Valkyr I see a warframe that has had a layer peeled and they are in the process of peeling off another.

I see a shackles around her wrists and ankles. I see a collar. And a face that has been torn apart. Broken face of a broken soul....yes.

But I don't see a devil. And I see someone who was tortured and messed with by corpus..not an actual creation of the corpus.

I look at this new Valkyr skin and I see...... some blue cat devil maybe? It's a pretty empty skin. It doesn't have much in its design.

I see the cat, I don't see a devil though I see how the tail with that extra little shape on the end could give that off.

And I find the concept art to showcase a sleek, elegant look.

It's even more boring than Nyx, whose design I dislike because absolutely nothing in it says "mind control".

It's not surprising that you don't see "mind control" in her visuals. 

The story of Nyx's visual design is that inityiallys he was the female body for excalibur.

When DE decided to scrap that idea they gave her a different helmet and a whole different power set.

Are you quite sure?

I look at Ember, and I see the shape of a flame. I see the shape of liquid magma. I see the shape of a phoenix.

I look at Banshee, and I see sound waves. I see a stereo system. I see a music composer from the '800.

I look at this new Valkyr skin and I see...... some blue cat devil maybe? It's a pretty empty skin. It doesn't have much in its design. It's even more boring than Nyx, whose design I dislike because absolutely nothing in it says "mind control".

But what did/do you expect it to look like if you are unhappy with this one?

Are you quite sure?

Like the other poster said, that is very much your opinion. I cant understand why you would ask "Are you sure?" In regards to what can only be your opinion; how you feel. Because there is no way everyone would be upset with this version of Valkyr any more than everyone would be happy with her. Your reasons are your reasons, but I have my own reasons for liking it just as much as you dont. Not to mention, it isn't a finished design. It's concept art which means there is more being done to it before it's finished. 

I really hope the tail is a syandana attachment, because I really dislike how it looks on her. And it would be an excellent compromise for those who like it and those who don't. But the rest looks amazing! Especially the helmet.

This! My thoughts exactly.