Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Excalibur Helmet

Thalahssalyst

another thing that kinda puzzles me is the limbo quest. it implies that the frames are just suits the tenno can dawn and go into battle. but if they are suits, then why couldn't we repair valky?

While that is implied it's also lore in the Excalibur lore page that states that the tenno are actually people with the frames built around them to act as a conduit for their power.

e4jt.png

So it stands to reason that you are probably right the tenno wear them like suits of armor.

Edited by Archangelzz

Have you guys ever read the manga XXXholic? In one of the later chapters the main character is trying to teach someone how to cook but somehow he can't recall ever tasting his own food. This is strange as he must have in the past in order to improve his cooking. Anyway, the over-arching theme for the arc was that even if the mind forgets, the body remembers.

And considering warframes are a fusion of metal and flesh, perhaps the flesh part of it remembers its ancestors?

However, unless the suit have a hive mind type thing, theres several problem i can see with my theory which is how we can have a different idle stance on different frame (e.g. mirage noble on rhino). There's also the problem with there being perhaps only 1 limbo/mirage theory.

Edited by 321agemo

Warframes are... like onions! Look into my helmet and tell me you don't see the resemblance.

Lech Kril even wonders if "that second skin comes off as easily as the first", proving Warframes have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers.

391.jpg but, not everyone likes onions...how about cake?? :D

While that is implied it's also lore in the Excalibur lore page that states that the tenno are actually people with the frames built around them to act as a conduit for their power.

So it stands to reason that you are probably right the tenno wear them like suits of armor.

Implied as it may be, it's pretty solid idea given the way we're told about and it what we're able to do. And with than in mind, it's something to consider that even IF the Warframes were "built around the Tenno" those Tenno need no necessarily have the body shapes those Warframes possess. Why have them be human at all, then? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropocentrism

As for "why we can't rebuild Valkyr" - she's been twisted and deformed by Corpus expiraments in mind as well as body (and yes, I'm talking about the Mind of the Warframe). Even though we are now putting her plating back on her (as it seems to have been taken by Zanuka, and I fully believe this theory based on the provided visual similarity) those mental scars aren't going to just go away, and we're likely never going to have the same undamaged Valkyr ever again (unless one counts the Prime).

Have you guys ever read the manga XXXholic? In one of the later chapters the main character is trying to teach someone how to cook but somehow he can't recall ever tasting his own food. This is strange as he must have in the past in order to improve his cooking. Anyway, the over-arching theme for the arc was that even if the mind forgets, the body remembers.

And considering warframes are a fusion of metal and flesh, perhaps the flesh part of it remembers its ancestors?

However, unless the suit have a hive mind type thing, theres several problem i can see with my theory which is how we can have a different idle stance on different frame (e.g. mirage noble on rhino). There's also the problem with there being perhaps only 1 limbo/mirage theory.

I'm very much of the mind that the Warframe flesh remembers and has slight bits of personality even - those animation stances that are (unless bought) unique to each individual Warframe.

Whoa, doesn't exactly follow his theme but it looks really cool.

what do you mean it doesnt follow his theme? it looks like a knight's helm with his visor down

Edit: just realised i said the same exact thing as an earlier post, whoa

Edited by SoIaris

I believe a warframe is made up of several layers, as damaged Valkyr is proof of.

First a jumpsuit with neural ports for interface purposes.

Second a kind of powerarmor that helps movement; the segmented plating on Valkyr, like a steeringwheel is powered.

Third the technocyte-flesh. This is the main form of all warframes and I think this part is grown and grafted onto the second layer. This very well mighy be a infeated entity, but under our control.

Fourth come armour and equipment, power, sheilds and weaponry.

This to me is the perfect symbiot and would explain the open parts of Valkyr.

When a Tenno exits a warframe, I expect it opens itself like a flower, then closing up leaving no seams or doors.