The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Thread: 'catbrow' Naming Brainstorm.

[DE]Rebecca

I say stick to roots. Mind you this is all easily researched and copied from Wikipedia. I like mythology, and things related to the mythos in general.

Reptilian/Amphebian catbrow: ``Heqet´´ To the Egyptians, the frog was a symbol of life and fertility, since millions of them were born after the annual inundation of the Nile, which brought fertility to the otherwise barren lands. Consequently, in Egyptian mythology, there began to be a frog-goddess, who represented fertility, referred to by Egyptologists as Heqet(also HeqatHekitHeket etc., more rarely HegitHeget etc.)

Bird Catbrow: ``Garuda´´ The Garuda is a large bird-like creature, or humanoid bird that appears in both Hinduism and Buddhism. Garuda is the mount(vahana) of the Lord Vishnu. Garuda is the Hindu name for the constellation Aquila. The brahminy kite and phoenix are considered to be the contemporary representations of garuda. Indonesia adopts a more stylistic approach to the Garuda's depiction as its national symbol, where it depicts a Javanese eagle (being much larger than a kite)

Fish Catbrow:  ``Abtu´´ Abtu is the name of a sacred fish, according to Egyptian mythology, and of the city of Abydos,[1] the place where Osiris and the early rulers of Egypt were buried. The mythological Abtu also was known to accompany the barque of Ra across the sky at sunrise.

Grineer Modified Catbrow: `` Bast´´ Bastet was a goddess in ancient Egyptian religion, worshiped as early as the Second Dynasty (2890 BC). As Bast, she was the goddess of warfare in Lower Egypt. specificly use the name Bast why because the grineer will and have bred the Catbrows for war.

Edited by Chamundi

"Lirkat"

I recall them being described as "reptile cats" the first reptile that came to mind was a lizard so I dropped the "z" "a" and "d" and added "kat" ("c" is just too mainstream when spelling "cat") the result is a name that sounds neet and I don't think would be too out of place.

Kubrow sounds like it is a compination of the words companion and brother (brother in arms maybe?).

They are our beloved compaions and fight alongside us, engaging the enemy head on.

Now since these new fellows look a bit more fragile I think we need to go into a different direction with this.

Feliformia describes the family of anything cat-like, from panthers to house cats and even hyenas.

Horo, a cloak from feudal Japan that showed that a soldier fulfilled a special role and marked them as especially respectable and honorable. In most cases this was even acknoledged by their enemies.

Long story short, my suggestion is Felihora.

Fun fact: Hora also stands for a nymph from ancient myths, described as a lover of Zeus.