The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Thread: 'catbrow' Naming Brainstorm.

[DE]Rebecca

Kubrow sounds like it is a compination of the words companion and brother (brother in arms maybe?).

They are our beloved compaions and fight alongside us, engaging the enemy head on.

Now since these new fellows look a bit more fragile I think we need to go into a different direction with this.

Feliformia describes the family of anything cat-like, from panthers to house cats and even hyenas.

Horo, a cloak from feudal Japan that showed that a soldier fulfilled a special role and marked them as especially respectable and honorable. In most cases this was even acknoledged by their enemies.

Long story short, my suggestion is Felihora.

Fun fact: Hora also stands for a nymph from ancient myths, described as a lover of Zeus.

I really like this one and the reasons behind it!

I’ve been pondering the issue of naming the ‘catbrow’ ever since it was revealed in the dev stream #53, and I managed to put together a short list of suggestions:

I ‘Kundun’ – from what I gather it’s the Tibetan word for presence, since cats are quiet and more of a stalking sort of hunter, seen,not heard. If you’re paranoid enough you’ll feel the presence of the tiger before you’d ever see it. The word is also a title given the Dalai Lama.

II 'Xibalba' - this I thought would be a valid option since there is a lot of taboo around cats and their way of being, most which focuses on paranormal/superstitious or even supernatural traits such as having nine lives, living both in the world of the living and the spectral realm (lok ref.), the whole witch association thing; all that being said the name of the Mayan underworld of the dead seems appropriate. Or maybe a shortened version? 'Xibal'?

III 'Nekohebi' - this one's simple, 'neko' is the Japanese word for 'cat' and 'hebi' is the word for 'snake.' Simple, right?

IV These ones are what came out of me trying to play around with Sobek and Bast/Baset of the Egyptian pantheon, so: Baseki, Sobetka, Basteki, Sebasskes

I'll try to think of some other ones...

Cheers!