The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Thread: 'catbrow' Naming Brainstorm.

[DE]Rebecca

Call it was it is: STUPID

This is suppose to be  a futuristic sci-fi cyber-ninja mass-murdering game, not My Littlest Petshop! Stop with these $&*&*#(%& cutesy things! Sentinels were great and made much more sense, but you had to add these horrible time/money-sinks. We should have badazz robotic companions, not wimpy balls of fluff. It makes no sense.

Edited by Syrtis

Call it was it is: STUPID

This is suppose to be  a futuristic sci-fi cyber-ninja mass-murdering game, not My Littlest Petshop! Stop with these $&*&*#(%& cutesy things! Sentinels were great and made much more sense, but you had to add these horrible time/money-sinks. We should have badazz robotic companions, not wimpy balls of fluff. It makes no sense.

I can tell you're gonna be well-liked in this community. [/sarcasm]

III 'Nekohebi' - this one's simple, 'neko' is the Japanese word for 'cat' and 'hebi' is the word for 'snake.' Simple, right?

But catsnakes are ferrets, martens and their relatives ...

II 'Xibalba'

And why would you name it after the Mayan underworld? That sounds more like a name for the place the Sentients came from to me.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Another forumer somewhere around here coined the term "Kitska" and "Kitskas". I couldn't find the post to quote it, or if it's already mentioned in this thread, but if it hasn't i like "Kitska" and have been using the name in region until DE comes up with an official one+^_^+ It just synergizes so well with, yet is completely different from "Kubrow", and it's easy to pronounce+^_^+

EDIT:, found the post i saw it; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/466704-thanks-for-watching-devstream-53/#entry5194621

EDIT 2: After some Googling i found that the closest Kitska comes to a word in any language is Kistka ("S" & "T" are switched). A kistka is a Ukrainian small brass tool used for decorating extremely ornate Easter eggs. So, Kitska shouldn't offend anyone around the world and it sounds catchy+^_^+

Edited by ChikTikka

-Pumo

-Lepicara (since it was mentioned they are part reptile- this is as blend of Lepidosauria which is a classification of reptiles with overlapping scales and a type of large African cat family called Caracal)

- Felis (another line of large cats)

- Pangoliss (pangoline mixed with felis)