The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Thread: 'catbrow' Naming Brainstorm.

[DE]Rebecca

Name: Visheanmas            Name: Kitaro                    Name: Pawleen               Name: Nimbrow
Read: Vi-Shean-Mas          Read: Ki-Ta-ro                 Read: Paw-leen               Read: Nim-Brow

Name: Garvex                    Name: Ferreon                Name: Huccho
Read: Gar-Vex                   Read: Fer-re-on               Read:  Haak-Cho

Name: Feelux                    Name: Sunday  >>>My real living cat name XD
Read: Fee-Lux                  Read: Sun-day 

Dusis or Dosis or Dalsees. 

You will ask why?

It's plain simple.

I will explain my idea.

Kubrow - has first letter in the word "Cat". Second - is just any letter that will make the word sound.

And then - we get word "bro" just with addition of "w" that still kinda sounds like "koobro". 

Thus we get the first word of the word "Dog". Taking any letter that will make the word sound.

And then - we add word "sis" with addition of some letter or maybe another literacy that will still sound like "sis"

Not only it will make it sound, but it will make some sence and mind into it.

BAM!

???????

PROFIT!

Edited by GekkoBlitzscream

Bidaari, a play on Bidaala, which is cat in Sanskrit. And if people are gonna give me flak about using Sanskrit in Warframe, take a look at the names of polarities. All Sanskrit words :)

The kubrow types are also Sanskrit, I like your idea

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, I'll reply to this post with results of a search if it has.

My proposition is for Kuriow as the final name of catbrows.

Kurio is the name of the Orokin cat statues (seen here in a Mogamu video: https://youtu.be/jXVm5_wF__Q) that have recently been revealed to contribute to the lore of the Twin Queens.

The -ow ending is just to bring it in line with the Kubrow, and make it seem like it fits the same language, while giving it a name distinct from the kurio statue.

As for the origin of this word essentially being a pun, rather than derived from a real-world root, I feel there exists a case for and against this etymology. You decide!

There's not much I can find leading to the origin of the word "Kubrow". The only lead is the Old Norse root "kurr", meaning growling or grumbling, which leads to the English word "cur" for dog, especially a feral one. I suppose it's possible DE named them after "bro" as in "man's best friend" too. It would be funny to find out they did.

As for Kuriow, it's obviously a pun on curio, which the Kurio totems were named after probably because:
- they really are curios, i.e. trinkets or mysterious objects
- the association of cats with curiosity already exists

If being your bro characterizes a kubrow, why not curiosity for cats?

I like Kavat. It's a lot better then i thought we'd get!

Though i still think Kitska rolls off the tongue better+^_^+

EDIT, did a quick search of the Catbrow brainstorm thread and not one mention of "Kavat" by anyone til after it was announced in devstream. what was the purpose of this thread again?

Edited by ChikTikka