Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do I Have To Pay $20-25 For A Warframe?

doomtrigger

I find it kinda ridiculous that they are charging so much for a warframe and also $5-15 for weapons i am lvl 29 and so far i havent collected any of the warframe parts and i have run the same missions over and over. I also just love the fact that we can no longer buy weapons with credits since farming for the required pieces take forever or they just dont drop at all i spent 6 hours yesterday trying to get 1 oroken cell which it never dropped  but i have 435738975398 salvage though ... i will not spend any money in this game at all.  

Edit: Also one other thing The crafting system 12 hours is way to long then to build the warframe it takes 3 days  i really don't understand the point of it taking for ever to craft gear. I think its there so you &!$$ ppl off to the point where instead of them waiting  they just buy it or they get to the point where they just quit the game

Be more thankful for what you have.  Also, you have never posted on forums before....so it sounds like you are new, atleast to forums that is.   And I doubt that you have that much salvage, but being childish and exagerating things, is understandable.

I may not be forced to pay (and you should be able to tell that I already have paid a reasonable amount into the game), but I'd feel more inclined to pay for things more often if the prices were reduced. With the prices as they are, there's no impetus for me to spend money on impulse.

DE could price things at $100 per item, and you could still use the excuse that they need to pay the bills. But if no one buys a $100 item, those bills won't get paid.

The issue is not the idea of paying itself, but the actual prices.

Remember that virtual items dont expire so 1 user will buy only 1 thus high prices, which arent that high considering that this item wont expire and you can use for as long as you like.

Remember that virtual items dont expire so 1 user will buy only 1 thus high prices, which arent that high considering that this item wont expire and you can use for as long as you like.

Virtual items "expire", when the game server eventually gets shut down. Once games eventually stop being profitable to keep going, they eventually get shut down. The exceptions to this are very rare and tend to be very unique high profile cases.

Besides, non-virtual items other than food doesn't usually "expire" either. 

Also they expire once a person looses interest in the game.  Online games typically have the issue of that once the server goes away you can never play it again (so come with an inherant shelf life).  Unlike offline-games where you can go back and play the game 5, 10 or even 20 years later.

The Prices on the market are perfect. I dont know how long u guys been around but a While back they made the mission and alert payouts gone up alot Normaly a 2k credit award was the max and it didnt scale with the level.

Now it does and there have been 7.9k Alert payouts that scale to around 14K so yea its not overpriced.

u just need to do some alerts even the 2k ones on certain planets can get u near 6k

People who dont like this concept should think about it a little more its a way for them to make Money.

there is no rule that says u need to buy a frame or weapon and the material farming isnt that bad, same go's for the frames.

Most frames i get in around 10 runs with ofcourse the occesional frame that needs more.

and the materials might be a bit hard in the start of the game but what games that allows crafting doesnt require u to do some work and farm the things u need.

My suggestion is just play the game and enjoy it. Most of the time it gives me the supprise that i already have the materials needed to build what i wanna build.

Edited by Nimis

Virtual items "expire", when the game server eventually gets shut down. Once games eventually stop being profitable to keep going, they eventually get shut down. The exceptions to this are very rare and tend to be very unique high profile cases.

Besides, non-virtual items other than food doesn't usually "expire" either. 

Food is being consumed, tv radio and such can break or just be replaced by newer model. Such things doesnt exist in warframe.

I haven't had a hard time farming for stuff. Currently building 3 frames and one weapon.

Are you sure your farming in the right areas? Warframe wiki usually tells all.

Agree with this Im now at 7 frames have only spent my platinum on weapon and warframe slots and have no problems farming them

I find it kinda ridiculous that they are charging so much for a warframe and also $5-15 for weapons i am lvl 29 and so far i havent collected any of the warframe parts and i have run the same missions over and over. I also just love the fact that we can no longer buy weapons with credits since farming for the required pieces take forever or they just dont drop at all i spent 6 hours yesterday trying to get 1 oroken cell which it never dropped  but i have 435738975398 salvage though ... i will not spend any money in this game at all.  

Edit: Also one other thing The crafting system 12 hours is way to long then to build the warframe it takes 3 days  i really don't understand the point of it taking for ever to craft gear. I think its there so you &!$$ ppl off to the point where instead of them waiting  they just buy it or they get to the point where they just quit the game

You DO realise that certain planets do not have certain rare resources?

Not every planet has Orokin Cells, not every planet has Control Modules.

Also: You need to run BOSSES and pick up the affinity orb look alike to get a blueprint.

I hope this helps a bit.

If you are looking for orokin cells,then:-

1.Go to the planet which has orokin cell

2.Farm the boss of that planet.

3.Guaranteed orokin cell drop.Yes i said it i always get orokin cells from the boss.The exceptions are when i have got a blueprint instead.:p

Even i do not like to pay and won't pay.But that doesn't mean you can't get items in game without money.You can grind for them....and i think that's fair if someone wants it for free.

Unless we're talking about the vauban......it is designed to make players spend as you might have to wait for years to get the parts from alerts.

Great first post and topic!

Welcome to the warframe forum.

Try running a fully Free-To-Play game then without any payed content and tell me when your broke if it was worth it?

As I've noted multiple times in this topic, the issue is not the presence of paid content, but the prices of it.

You don't have to

just do it like this

*buy 75 platinum*

*buy 2 warframe slots* that will cost about 40

*buy weapon slots* which are cheaper than 20

*never buy plat again and have enough space to craft MANY things and keep them

there is a reason you can get blueprint version of the items, but if its weapons and warframes they don't come potato'ed (with reactor or catalyst) if you craft'em

Edited by Scudman_Alpha

I feel reducing the price of buying warframes would make the game shift more to "pay to win".  It would heavily discourage people from actually earning and crafting gear.  From a capitalist standpoint, sure they would make more money, but I feel it would severly hamper any form of accomplisment felt by finding and crafting gear.  I haven't bought a single weapon or warframe, but I am well geared and very happy.  Heck, the only things I have bought is 20 dollars worth of plat, solely because I like the game and feel they deserve some of my money for it.

I slightly regret buying some frames with plat as I could've probably just saved the plat and went for the reactors, like I do now. At first I ended up buying the female frame pack and stay frosty (couldn't resist).

But as people have mentioned, no one is forcing you to spend the money. If anything just buy the reactors. 

AND SLOTS!

A lot of people seem to miss the point that people want to pay for the game, therefore fund the development, but don't actually buy anything because of the high prizes, which are nowhere near "micro"transactions like in other F2P games...

Just a couple of fun facts in case nobody has noticed:

1. The OP hasn't posted a thing since the discussion started.

2. Most of the people arguing for the higher prices are people like me, who have already dropped $50+ USD or equivalent into the game.

That being said, I am planning to upgrade to the Master founders kit as I really do like the game and want to support the company. However, I can also see how people are arguing for lower frame costs.

Somewhere around $2.67 (40 plat) of any frame goes toward purchasing a reactor and slot. For lower cost frames that's awesome. Loki, Excalibur and Volt pretty much cost 35 plat which is about $2.33. Even with someone like Trinity it's not so bad. $15 overall, which means she costs $12.67 for the frame alone. The 375 plat frames COULD be reduced to make people happy as I'm sure these are the frames people are talking about when they say frames cost too much. Maybe they do for some people. Maybe some people are college/high school students that can't afford to drop $30 on platinum to get one frame they really want to play because they don't have the time to grind for the parts.

Either way, it doesn't matter much to me. Although I do find the 30p forum avatars as a bit of a jab, but if people want to pay for them, people will.

It would be nice if they did add a small chance (maybe 2-3%) of getting a few plat (3-5) through daily rewards after having an active account for x days or as rewards from alert missions just to help people who don't want to spend money to get slots. 

• 3 months later...

I'm new to the game I have played only five hours but I want to try new guns, So my options are to grind or buy So I bought the blueprints for the duel vipers and now I have to buy two vipers lol. So I thought about dropping some money to buy guns and it feels like I have to pay $10-20 and even higher for a new gun. Now that feels like a rip off plain and simple. That is why I have no problem paying 60 for a game and then some dlc If I really like it. I hear so many developers say F2P is the future, if that is true I am one sad gamer. I would drop some money on this game if it were not run by carpet bagging charlatans lol. I really want to like it but I will just go back to playing Dayz origins I say good day. 

Why Do I Have To Pay $20-25 For A Warframe?

..........you don't.

For anything other than Frost Prime, Banshee or Vauban, go kill the boss until you get Helmet, Systems, and Chassis and go make it.

For Vauban, wait for his alerts.

Banshee, do Raids and Captures for the Systems/Chassis and Xini for Helmet.

For Frost Prime, do Void missions.

There you go, Warframes for $0.

Blah didn't notice the necro...

Edited by Xylia

I also wonder why the prices vary for frames, why do I have to pay more for Rhino or Ash when I can pay less for Nova or Banshee and have more leftover?

You do gain an additional slot and your frame comes supercharged if you just buy them.

Crafting a frame will not come supercharged, so either buy a Reactor or wait for another livestream 24hr alert, but then you also have to hope it's for a Reactor, not a Catalyst. 

Though I herd someone in-game say there is always an alert for one of the two every Sunday, or was it everyother Sunday? Can't remember but either way, those are the only benefits you get from buying a frame, though it's cheaper to just craft the frame and buy a Reactor and extra Warframe slot.

I will be crafting the new Necro frame, already have a Reactor crafted which I'm saving for him, but I don't have anymore open frame slots, I already have to decide who to get rid of between Ash, Frost Prime, Nova and Excaliber to make room for an already crafted, ready to be claimed Ember.

Edited by __Kanade__

Actually, I think the warframes are absurdly priced. When you think about it, what they did in respect to farming warframes, is great. It's not that hard to farm up for a warframe at all. But that's the problem, by making it that easy, why should I spend $20+ on a warframe? If it was absurdly difficult to farm up for one, then yeah, the $20+ price point would make a lot of sense, but there is tons of inconsistencies with how a warframe is priced in relation to how difficult they are to farm.

The weapons are on the same boat, except there are actual guns that are exclusive to farming and simply can't be bought, these are fine and I feel like there should be warframes that are also "farm exclusive". But by making these, it makes it even more difficult to drop down even $10 for a weapon that may or may not actually be of any use.

I already gave DE my founders money because I love the game, but so far I only purchase potatoes because they are honestly the most fairly priced item for what they do and how long it takes to get one in an alert or a live stream. But they need to change their pricing structure or at least go over their pricing, cause some items just don't make any sense.

Resources are also the same way, resources aren't that difficult to farm.

So DE can do the following, they can make everything MORE DIFFICULT to farm, which would piss off EVERYONE. Or they could just revamp their market place. It really needs it.