Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows 10 Release Date And New Nintendo Console

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/windows-10-release-date-announced/1100-6427711/

So firstly, we'll start with with the release date of Windows 10. It'll be fully released on July 29 for all PCs and tablets worldwide.

Those who are on Windows 8.1 will be allowed a FREE upgrade into Windows 10.

It will only be free for about a year however, as said by Miss. Fluffybutt.

it's only free for a year though. after that you need to pay the usual amount if you want to upgrade.

And now, Nintendo's new console may run on android.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-nintendo-console-may-run-on-android/1100-6427710/

As it states on the article:

"Nintendo's next console, codenamed the Nintendo NX, may use Google's Android platform as its operating system, according to Japanese newspaper Nikkei.

In a recent article from the publication, Nintendo highlighted the fact that third-parties were not able to easily move between developing games for other gaming hardware and Nintendo's console.

Instead, the console's architecture required developers to create titles specifically for Wii U and, as a result, development costs were difficult to recoup."

Edited by Emperor-Pizza-The-Great

Brilliant!

Though, what will happen to windows 7 users?

Will we be forced to get windows 8/10 soon?

If you are on 7 you should be able to get the free upgrade to 10 same as 8/8.1 users.

Or you can keep on using 7, Microsoft won't be ending support for it any time soon.

If you are on 7 you should be able to get the free upgrade to 10 same as 8/8.1 users.

Or you can keep on using 7, Microsoft won't be ending support for it any time soon.

The only ones who will not get a free update to Windows 10 are the ones using illegitimate versions of Windows 8 

Ah yes I was expecting this since I accidentally (apparently) reserved my free copy because my broken mouse double clicked the suspicious icon in my taskbar and did research into it. Here's hoping windows 10 gets aero back (apparently some leaked photos suggested it) and that it doesn't break everything...

I don't see anything stating otherwise.

Can confirm what they said based only on what I've personally seen in news articles. Win 7, 8, and 8.1 only will get the free upgrade. I've been following Win10 anxiously for a while now. :p

I'm actually very excited for Windows 10 as supposedly it will be attempting to bridge the console/PC divide (makes sense since Xbone is just a modified Windows OS) and bring cross-platform gaming for PC and Xbone.

Can't wait to play Mechanical Keyboard and Smart Mouse against people with controllers and slower hardware XD

I'm also excited for the news about nintendo. Android seems like a 180 for a company so hell bent on region-locking and slapping cuffs on anybody who even thinks about modding their consoles/games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/windows-10-release-date-announced/1100-6427711/

So firstly, we'll start with with the release date of Windows 10. It'll be fully released on July 29 for all PCs and tablets worldwide.

Those who are on Windows 8.1 will be allowed a FREE upgrade into Windows 10.

It will only be free for about a year however, as said by Miss. Fluffybutt.

And now, Nintendo's new console may run on android.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-nintendo-console-may-run-on-android/1100-6427710/

As it states on the article:

"Nintendo's next console, codenamed the Nintendo NX, may use Google's Android platform as its operating system, according to Japanese newspaper Nikkei.

In a recent article from the publication, Nintendo highlighted the fact that third-parties were not able to easily move between developing games for other gaming hardware and Nintendo's console.

Instead, the console's architecture required developers to create titles specifically for Wii U and, as a result, development costs were difficult to recoup."

I was about to say you're copying Erebus, then I realised....

Brilliant!

Though, what will happen to windows 7 users?

Will we be forced to get windows 8/10 soon?

Windows 7 should be safe for at least 3 more years, Micro$oft hasn't ended support for vista yet, and they know that 8 is well hated.

As quoted from a previous post I made (With a few edits to fit the logic of the topic.)

The Windows 10 Upgrade is for those who are on Windows 7 and 8(.1).

This upgrade is available for One Year (365 days) after July 29th, the official release date of Windows 10. After the year has expired, you will be paying full price to upgrade. No exceptions.

By any means you do NOT have to upgrade your computer, if you do not want to.

I'm currently on Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10130. I received confirmation that I will, in fact, be upgraded to the RTM build of Windows 10 for free, considering I moved from Windows 8.1 > Windows 10 Home Insider Preview (build 10070). I've tested some of the technical preview builds back in October - November and Windows 10 has improved a lot from where it was.