Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Makes A Warframe Player A Veteran

(PSN)geraldy19

What defines a veteran in this game can be deep and complicated.  However, these two guys summed it up well, if you consider their examples as one whole thing.

Things I've noticed:

- They have almost every frame

- They can handle themselves in missions that require actual gameplay (unlike Draco, or any TS or TD with a Mesa and a Gmag)

- They don't use meta guns

- They keep the chat short and objective to the mission

I've seen founders behave like noobs. I've seen MR3 kick ! in wave 20 ODD.

TL;DR; Being good.

To me, a veteran should have two of the following:

1. A large number of hours played

2. An MR greater than 8

3. A good understanding of the game mechanics

I say two of those three because, as others have said, you get noobs with high mastery rank, and experts with low mastery rank.

Both examples are incomplete without each other.

Time, experience, patience, knowledge, and skill, regardless of weapons, mods, or warframes used at anytime anywhere anyhow.

I will also include the keen ability to be as a master would to a student, and successfully turn that student into a master.

Hours dont mean anything is they cant do anything, or do less than someone with less hours.

In my opinion they are someone who can make any situation work, or at least bearable. NOT the person who says they have 2000+ hours and has found the best and only setup that works.

The official definition is someone who has a long time experience in a specific field.

Applying this to warframe gives you a clear cut definition. I would say a year classifies you as a veteran. That's just me though

Everyone saying, "its has nothing to do with time" clearly is salty because they're new.

Edited by Ov3rd0se

apparently being able to hack under 6 seconds makes you good, or so some MR4 tried to tell me and another MR19, but when he had 100 hacks to our 2.5k it shouldn't be hard to have under 6 seconds for him,

Experience the game for quite a while (at least a year)

Be knowledgable on how the game works and its ins and outs.

And to me you're a veteran.

I believe time and experience is what makes a veteran, not some dumb rule like "Solo that for x minutes and ur a vet" or "finish dis raid and ur a vet".

Being good and be a veteran are two different things. He didn't ask what's your idea of 'pro gamer', but veteran one. A veteran is a player who, to me, has at least joined the game in 2013/early 2014. So, a player who had seen the game change and evolve, and generally who had try everything. 

Ok, granted that Veterans not necessarily equals the best players, but if after so many hours you are not even good, man, you are $&*&*#(%&... So I guess that a good arsenal, time, and yes, a decent level of skill are the best indicators. What good is doing something for long if you are no good at it?? Specially if it is a multiplayer game...

You seem to have forgotten that this is a game and you don't have to be good at a game to enjoy it.

That's a question I ask myself all the times.

Technically, I have played for over 2 years, attained the highest MR possible without Founder gear, played pretty much every event, only missing the Nightmare Raid as far as unique mission types are concerned... I have pretty much every thing (except the Hate) and made enough room in my inventory to be able to have a trophy room of some sort.

But I can still die like an idiot in missions that are not even as hard as Pluto, I spend fairly less time on Warframe than I used to (because I'm studying at university, working part time and going out a lot), and as far as builds are concerned I haven't been able to make up a single one that hasn't met harsh (but justified) criticism.

I'd like to be able to tell who's a veteran and who isn't. But I believe it would take a proper veteran to be able to get a proper answer, and I'm starting to have some doubts...

Deep knowledge of the game might be one of the founding factors of veterancy.

Edited by Vintovka

Rhino, Loki & Ash
A Veteran player is a soaring soul,
As free as a mountain bird,
His energetic fist should be ready to resist
A dictatorial word.

His nose should pant
and his lip should curl,
His cheeks should flame
and his brow should furl,
His bosom should heave
and his heart should glow,
And his fist be ever ready
for a knock-down blow.

Chorus.
His nose should pant
and his lip should curl,
His cheeks should flame
and his brow should furl,
His bosom should heave
and his heart should glow,
And his fist be ever ready
for a knock-down blow.

Rhino, Loki & Ash
His eyes should flash with an inborn fire,
His brow with scorn be wrung;
He never should bow down
to a domineering frown,
Or the tang of a tyrant tongue.

His foot should stamp, and his throat should growl,
His hair should twirl, and his face should scowl;
His eyes should flash, and his breast protrude,
And this should be his customary attitude.

Chorus.
His foot should stamp, and his throat should growl,
His hair should twirl, and his face should scowl;
His eyes should flash, and his breast protrude,
And this should be his customary attitude,
His attitude
His attitude
His attitude. (pose)