Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Got Rid Of Reload Negate; But Didn't Post In Patch Notes

(PSN)JiggaJazz

So I'm not complaining, but vets were aware that a lot of guns didn't need to reload like latron wraith, soma prime, Boltor prime, amprex, etc

Basically you would tap reload while shooting and your ammo would be refilled, and you would simply swing melee or use an ability in order to reload for "free"

I just don't understand why DE can't post these in the patch notes. I'm getting tired of always having to find out more myself rather than reading the patch notes

Yes it was op but it was also skill oriented. It is what it is but I just wish they'd be more on their patch notes information

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

So I'm not complaining, but vets were aware that a lot of guns didn't need to reload like latron wraith, soma prime, Boltor prime, amprex, etc

Basically you would tap reload while shooting and your ammo would be refilled, and you would simply swing melee or use an ability in order to reload for "free"

I just don't understand why DE can't post these in the patch notes. I'm getting tired of always having to find out more myself rather than reading the patch notes

Yes it was op but it was also skill oriented. It is what it is but I just wish they'd be more on their patch notes information

I have nothing against them fixing it

but that reminds me of AK47 and 74u in CoD4 :D

Edited by Error989

If 97% had no idea that means 97% didnt care.

Which is why it's a sad day. I never saw a single post on the forums about reload negate which kind of proved very few knew about it

I might be wrong in which case I'd appreciate you copy and pasting any old threads of people complaining about it but very very very few players knew about this

Do you disagree?

you can still quick melee when there's still 1 quarter left of the reload circle and have your weapon reloaded

That's only on a few guns such as soma

Besides that is nothing compared to reload negate, when you got really good at it you basically never had to reload.

That's only on a few guns such as soma

Besides that is nothing compared to reload negate, when you got really good at it you basically never had to reload.

Gears of War have reload negate, that should be mastered. Warframe have bug, that should be fixed.

You mean reload cancelling? If so, it's a pretty standard thing in shooters and not something to be fixed. But if it's another stealth nerf not really surprising, it's de's staple.

from his description hes not describing early reload ending hes talking about total negation of the reload timer at all. i noticed it on one of the quanta variants where if you ran the clip out and let it auto reload the clip filled instantly so you could just interrupt the reload and continue firing but canceling the last bit of reload only works on some guns and is arguably worth it depending on the reload time due to the time of the animations that cancel it.

i kinda veered off topic there a bit but i made my point i think

Edited by Caobie

@(*()$ thank you, I thought I was losing my S#&$ recently, I haven't been able to just cancel a reload in ages.

Removing skill from the game is quite disparaging, it's almost as if they strive for the Minecraft audience.

Or maybe its a bug, or a change they left out of the patch notes by mistake, you know, something rational? But no, instead of actually providing feedback it's a "typical DE stealth nerf" of an exploit that's been around for.months.

Or maybe its a bug, or a change they left out of the patch notes by mistake, you know, something rational? But no, instead of actually providing feedback it's a "typical DE stealth nerf" of an exploit that's been around for.months.

Like unlisted hit-scan Kohm changes on PSr (Consoles got Hit-scan change before PC players)

or Melee 2.0 unlisted changes to Obex 1.7 attack speed down to 1.0 and Kogake/Obex Wall-attack being lowered from 1,100 base damage.

Would be nice if DE would say those were bugs, but I'm going to assume they were intentional changes; regardless of being listed in change-log.

from his description hes not describing early reload ending hes talking about total negation of the reload timer at all. i noticed it on one of the quanta variants where if you ran the clip out and let it auto reload the clip filled instantly so you could just interrupt the reload and continue firing but canceling the last bit of reload only works on some guns and is arguably worth it depending on the reload time due to the time of the animations that cancel it.

i kinda veered off topic there a bit but i made my point i think

Yes, the Mutalist Quanta.

It worked differently then the way OP described.

If you shot slowly, used last 15-rounds to create Orb, or manually reloaded: you would succomb to the lengthy reload.

If you fired quickly (Full-Auto) for remaking 4-5 shots remaining in clip: the gun would register 0 to full-clip (60) instantly; allowing you to quick-melee or power-cast to avoid reload animation.

Mutalist Quanta reloads: https://youtu.be/j8bS1qz-tNw

I do believe it was exploit seeing as how they did fix it.

*Was really hoping but was just a "Mutalist" Mechanic as it allowed a bypass of the weapons shortcomings and allowed it to be closer to par with other primaries.*

"Bug"

Right, now everything that everyone does better than you is considered an exploit.

Because surely doing specific actions which reduce set reload time isnt a bug.

Gaining more energy than you can spend while spending it surely isnt broken system.

Single player being able to lock down enemies in permament state where they cant harm players while preventing system from spawning more is surely working as intended.

Dude theres skill and theres obvious exploiting.

If you manage to score more kills with bow than me ill call that skill, if you however abuse broken system or bugs because game allows it ill call that exploiting.

Edited by Davoodoo

"Bug"

Right, now everything that everyone does better than you is considered an exploit.

A behavior's status as a 'bug' is not connected to the player's skill level whatsoever.

A bug is something that the developers accidently put in when they didn't intend to. If it gets fixed, that firmly classifies it as a bug. If it does not, like coptering, it is either intended as a feature, or a bug that got accepted as a feature over time.

You could argue that reload cancelling had become a hidden feature, but the recent changes just show that it was more or less a hidden bug that the developers took a long time to fix.

"Bug"

Because bypassing reload times completely is "skill" when you were abusing a bug.

It wasn't an exploit? Then where was the patch notes where it was added?

You were exploiting a glitch and there's no way around, but covering it up under the guise of "skill" spits in the face of actual skill.

I abused the hell out of this bug when i first got my Soma a year ago. Kind of indifferent to see it go though. Perhaps it could be brought back in some way or form as a mod or family of mods that acts similar to active reload from gears, turn it into a universal thing for all guns that grants bonuses for perfectly timed reloads? While nowhere near as broken as outright skipping reload animations, but still a way to make things more interesting.

Edited by (PS4)VariantX7

I abused the hell out of this bug when i first got my Soma a year ago. Kind of indifferent to see it go though. Perhaps it could be brought back in some way or form as a mod or family of mods that acts similar to active reload from gears, turn it into a universal thing for all guns that grants bonuses for perfectly timed reloads? While nowhere near as broken as outright skipping reload animations, but still a way to make things more interesting.

+1 timing reloads for a speed bonus would be nice

Just like Knockdown Recovery should reward for active input rather than a passive mod (Handspring)

Because bypassing reload times completely is "skill" when you were abusing a bug.

It wasn't an exploit? Then where was the patch notes where it was added?

You were exploiting a glitch and there's no way around, but covering it up under the guise of "skill" spits in the face of actual skill.

Wait by that logic:

CC animation canceling is exploiting a glitch.

(Activating a power to not be Knocked down by Moa Stomp or Ancient Grapple)*

I would say that CC-cancel was along the same lines as reload cancel.

Sort-of a hidden feature much like the "Fling from minimal Wall-run"

(They did not always work, but could be performed often enough to utilize for incorporating into personal gameplay.)

*Wall Fling uses almost no stamina and allows a player to traverse faster than actual wall-running....much like coptering*

Ultimately it is upto DE to determine if a mechanic/feature was intended or not intended.

Would be nice if they would say when they are removing a non-intended feature. -Feels less shady

(Like difference of "An announcement about having to pay exuberant taxes" versus someone stealing your wallet/pension/hacking-account..

Whom likes getting intentionally blindsided?)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi